Im 15 now....

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Knivesinedc

Im 15 now....

Post by Knivesinedc »

Kind of a pointless age. i like 15,1/2 much better cause i can get my drivers permit. 1 more year and i can legally buy knives from walmart. (yes, where i live walmart only requires you to be 16 to buy knives, pepper spray and lighters) anyway, thats my life update for the week.

P.S My B-day was yesterday, and no i didnt get any knives just money because my friends and family know what knives i like and to them its a waste of money to spend 100-150 on a pocket knife. although i got my dad a cricket almost a year ago and he LOVES it and he doesnt think spending SOME money on a knife is bad because of the superior quality you get out of it.
Relentless Perseverance in the Face of a Lightless Sky.

Joshua 1:9b "Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Happy Birthday :)

It's an age with excitement peaked for the next couple years, a bit of confusion, and the metabolism of a timber wolf. Enjoy the good and learn/tell stories from the bad.

You'll be driving around buying pocket knives in no time :D .
Donut

Post by Donut »

Happy birthday.

What are your favorite knives to EDC now? It might be good to keep a log each year and watch how your tastes change.

I know mine have changed a lot in the past few years.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Happy Birthday!! Slow down.. We all get old real quick!! Before ya know it you will wonder where time went!! Congrats on your knife choice!! John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I remember age 15 quite well... Good times. :) I like Blerv’s advice: "Enjoy the good and learn/tell stories from the bad." The only thing I would add to this is to make sure to slow down and enjoy your life each and every day. I know this probably sounds cheesy to you, but I often find myself amazed at how quickly time passes by.
Anyway, happy birthday to you!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Blerv wrote:Happy Birthday :)

It's an age with excitement peaked for the next couple years, a bit of confusion, and the metabolism of a timber wolf. Enjoy the good and learn/tell stories from the bad.

You'll be driving around buying pocket knives in no time :D .
Blake, nicely said. :) When we're young we wish the time away - when we get older it goes by too fast. :D

- John
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

My advice, slow down, relax and enjoy being young and care free. Before you know it, your knife money will be rent money. You're only young once.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Donut

Post by Donut »

I think everyone here knows that at 15, you don't want people giving you advice. :)

Just think that at your age, you wish time would go by faster so you can enjoy life, but when you get older you wish time would go by slower. I have a job, work 40+ hours each week, have an hour lunch, 30 minute drive to and from work... work eats up 10 hours of my awake time. Even when I get things done, it feels like I have no free time.

I agree that everyone should enjoy all the free time you get.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

The other thing is that when I was younger I thought I'd get to a point where I had life figured out and things were squared away and would stay that way.

Boy was I wrong. :D

John
bh49

Post by bh49 »

15 already????????????
You are getting old :D , like my youngest nephew. He has few spydies as well.

Anyway,

Happy birthday, enjoy your day, enjoy your age, enjoy any age.
Good luck,
R
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

Happy Birthday. Please, don't ever rush time. A time will come where you'll wonder where the last "X" years have gone. You won't want to hear this or believe this now, but time does go faster the older you get.
"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012
Holland

Post by Holland »

Happy Birthday!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Holland

Post by Holland »

Question, what does driver permit refer to? does it mean u need to be accompanied by an adult? or u can drive on your own?
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Donut wrote:I think everyone here knows that at 15, you don't want people giving you advice. :)
"Youth is wasted on the young" :D
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

JNewell wrote:The other thing is that when I was younger I thought I'd get to a point where I had life figured out and things were squared away and would stay that way.

Boy was I wrong. :D

John
Right by the time i was 15 I'd lived in 4 countries visited over 14 and knew a lot , and thought of how much is know at 25 then , 35.
The older I get the more I realise I know nothing everything in life I learn makes me realise there is more I don't know .
At 35 I've just started again and I know 0 , so whilst your 15 and you don't have that on your head .
Go out enjoy , be free live and laugh there's plenty time to grow old :) enjoy .
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Bladekeeper wrote:Right by the time i was 15 I'd lived in 4 countries visited over 14 and knew a lot , and thought of how much is know at 25 then , 35.
The older I get the more I realise I know nothing everything in life I learn makes me realise there is more I don't know .
At 35 I've just started again and I know 0 , so whilst your 15 and you don't have that on your head .
Go out enjoy , be free live and laugh there's plenty time to grow old :) enjoy .
Hey, I'm 55 tomorrow. :eek: Where did the time go? OP, EvilD is right about youth being wasted on the young. BTDT! :D

John
Officer Gigglez
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Post by Officer Gigglez »

Congrats lad. Savor it. Like others stated prior to me; time flies.
Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Byrd Meadowlark 2 FRN, PE
-Resilience
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

Holland wrote:Question, what does driver permit refer to? does it mean u need to be accompanied by an adult? or u can drive on your own?
I can drive with adult company.
Relentless Perseverance in the Face of a Lightless Sky.

Joshua 1:9b "Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"