Do you believe?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
eric m.

Do you believe?

Post by eric m. »

The scientific community wants us to believe the Earth is warming up! How warm are you now? :) :)
jackvan01

Post by jackvan01 »

Thanks for sharing!!
sky is the limit
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

-8 deg right now.. High of 9 today... Toasty!! John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

It's been a really cold winter so far!
- best wishes, Jazz.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

We set a new record low temperature here in Greenville this morning at 8º. Not sure if that's an absolute record, or just for this date. Either way, it was **** cold when I walked Bear at 7am, but downright balmy compared with the -15º I had to walk from the parking garage to work in a few times back in Troy. Of course what happens in a single day, or week, or season, in one relatively small part of the world doesn't have much significance. I'm quite willing to believe the climate is changing, but it's been changing since the earth was formed four billion years ago. Climate change is a fact, only the causes of the current cycle are debatable. The problem is that debating it inevitably becomes political, and that's not an acceptable debate subject here.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

It was -7 this morning on my way to work. It's so stupid to judge global climate change based on less than 100 years of data. That isn't even a blink of an eye on the grand scale of time.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

This thread could easily slip into a maelstrom of political finger-pointing, if we aren't careful... :rolleyes:

TedP

BTW - The Arctic Circle called and it wants it's Polar Vortex back.
Syncharmony

Post by Syncharmony »

It was 50 degrees here yesterday morning and 8 degrees this morning. Basically this cold snap is due to a weather phenomenon called a Polar Vortex. In short, it's basically arctic winds that have swirled unusually far down and have brought frigid air and temperatures with them. It's not an uncommon thing to happen, but this one is dipping further than it usually does and is extra cold.

It's all over the news this morning, so I'm just getting my information from there.
Current EDC rotation: Southard, Paramilitary 2, Sage 1, G10 DF2, Techno

On deck: Military, Caly 3.5, Air

Wish List: M4 Military, S90V PM2, Superblue Caly 3.5, G-10 Jester
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

This jingle keep playing through my head. :D
[video=youtube_share;IPKs2Quk6Ts]http://youtu.be/IPKs2Quk6Ts?t=13s[/video]
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Yesterday got up to about 80. Today should be a frigid 75. ;)
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

eric m. wrote:The scientific community wants us to believe the Earth is warming up! How warm are you now? :) :)
Don't mind me... I'm just counting down to how long it'll take a certain member who believes in that global warming nonsense so completely that it's his religion, until he posts in this topic and then immediately claims he's a moderate while insisting that every scientist in the world backs up that G.W. BS. :rolleyes:

Seriously, why is it that about 50 of these G.W. topics pop up every year on the off-topic sub-forum?
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder:
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

The Deacon wrote: Climate change is a fact, only the causes of the current cycle are debatable. The problem is that debating it inevitably becomes political, and that's not an acceptable debate subject here.
If there was a little "thanks" button here, I'd click that, but in lieu of that, I'll post it here: well said.
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

xceptnl wrote:This jingle keep playing through my head. :D
[video=youtube_share;IPKs2Quk6Ts]http://youtu.be/IPKs2Quk6Ts?t=13s[/video]

A great movie.
"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012
bh49

Post by bh49 »

About 68

indoors :D
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

No secret that the Earth has been going through cycles of hot & cold for centuries. ****, even longer. Most important part... Long before the Industrial Revolution took place. So, once again, it's BS that mankind is the cause of climate change. ****, it used to be global warming. Meanwhile anyone doing a bit of research would see that many of the older leaders of the global warming movement during the 1990s were around during the 1970s. Difference is, back then they were screaming about how the Earth was getting colder and we were due for a 2nd Ice Age unless we did something immediately!

Nowadays they figured they might as well cover all their bases. Call it climate change. Don't pick one temperature extreme after another. If the Planet won't cooperate with the hidden political agenda you're trying to push, change it to a term where you can pretend it does. Nice how that works.
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder:
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

7 degrees Fahrenheit.
What movie is that?
Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

Monocrom wrote:No secret that the Earth has been going through cycles of hot & cold for centuries. ****, even longer. Most important part... Long before the Industrial Revolution took place. So, once again, it's BS that mankind is the cause of climate change. ****, it used to be global warming. Meanwhile anyone doing a bit of research would see that many of the older leaders of the global warming movement during the 1990s were around during the 1970s. Difference is, back then they were screaming about how the Earth was getting colder and we were due for a 2nd Ice Age unless we did something immediately!

Nowadays they figured they might as well cover all their bases. Call it climate change. Don't pick one temperature extreme after another. If the Planet won't cooperate with the hidden political agenda you're trying to push, change it to a term where you can pretend it does. Nice how that works.
It is amazing that the greatest factors to the climate on this planet are omitted when discussing climate change, ie. the activity level of the Sun, and the obliteration of the tropical rain forests! But, as a few have stated, this will degenerate into a political discussion which is not appropriate to this forum. Food for thought though! :D
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

eric m. wrote:It is amazing that the greatest factors to the climate on this planet are omitted when discussing climate change, ie. the activity level of the Sun, and the obliteration of the tropical rain forests! But, as a few have stated, this will degenerate into a political discussion which is not appropriate to this forum. Food for thought though! :D
Ya know...few of us are likely to be here when the jury comes back with the verdict. ;)
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

jabba359 wrote:Yesterday got up to about 80. Today should be a frigid 75. ;)
Boo! :( We had actual temps of -14 today with wind chills down around to -35 to -40. It was not too fun.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

JNewell wrote:Ya know...few of us are likely to be here when the jury comes back with the verdict. ;)
My verdict is already in! :)