Do you believe?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

eric m. wrote:My verdict is already in! :)
Unfortunately, your verdict, like mine, doesn't count. ;)
remnar

Post by remnar »

Monocrom wrote:No secret that the Earth has been going through cycles of hot & cold for centuries. ****, even longer. Most important part... Long before the Industrial Revolution took place. So, once again, it's BS that mankind is the cause of climate change. ****, it used to be global warming. Meanwhile anyone doing a bit of research would see that many of the older leaders of the global warming movement during the 1990s were around during the 1970s. Difference is, back then they were screaming about how the Earth was getting colder and we were due for a 2nd Ice Age unless we did something immediately!

Nowadays they figured they might as well cover all their bases. Call it climate change. Don't pick one temperature extreme after another. If the Planet won't cooperate with the hidden political agenda you're trying to push, change it to a term where you can pretend it does. Nice how that works.
klug932000

Post by klug932000 »

My outside digital thermometer broke, not that it was a good one but still cold enough to wreck it.
some of my work (nothing for sale on there) Facebook.com/454products
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Pockets wrote:7 degrees Fahrenheit.
What movie is that?
:p
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

24c here :p
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Mostly sunny and around 28-34 'C in Pretoria, with the odd thunderstorm in the afternoons... :)
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

remnar wrote:Image
Beautiful! Thanks for that Remnar! Just because, "The Majority of Scientists Believe" in anything doesn't make it FACT! I guess the earth is still flat too! :)
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

phillipsted wrote:
BTW - The Arctic Circle called and it wants it's Polar Vortex back.
It can have the danged thing! ;)
Monocrom wrote:No secret that the Earth has been going through cycles of hot & cold for centuries. ****, even longer.
Nope... **** is hot. Always has been ;) No cold cycles there, brother.

Ken
玉鋼
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

remnar wrote:Image
Proving once again that you can't believe everything you find on the web. I'm sure Time has made it's share of mistakes over the years, but as much as I'd like to believe this was one of them, that "Hot to Survive the Coming Ice Age" cover is a hoax.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
4 s ter

Post by 4 s ter »

It's been a cold and snowy winter so far. After a number of mild winters, this one is like the ones I remember a a kid (50+ years ago). In Northern Ontario, a little warming isn't such a bad idea ;)
David

"Not all who wander are lost"
"To liner or not to liner? That is the question?" -- Sal
"Rule number nine: always carry a knife." -- Special Agent Jethro Gibbs/NCIS ;)
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Oh, I thought you were talking about aliens...

[ATTACH]23146[/ATTACH]
Attachments
X-Files I want to believe.jpg
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

I read on the internet that the dinosaurs didn't believe in asteroids.
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

There are actually many scientists that do not believe in "global warming", but they are minimized because they do not follow the mainstream!
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

A little something from my part of the world to warm you up.
[ATTACH]23147[/ATTACH]
Attachments
beach.jpg
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

Doc Dan wrote:A little something from my part of the world to warm you up.
[ATTACH]23147[/ATTACH]
Wow! What a tease you are! Wish I was there!!! :)
remnar

Post by remnar »

The Deacon wrote:Proving once again that you can't believe everything you find on the web. I'm sure Time has made it's share of mistakes over the years, but as much as I'd like to believe this was one of them, that "Hot to Survive the Coming Ice Age" cover is a hoax.
The internet lies? Well I guess in this case it does, but I was very much alive in the 70's and there were many articles published by Time and Newsweek about a possible coming ice age. I remember reading them and seeing news stories on television about the subject. The argument that is being made now is that there was no consensus back then about climate change, but now we've done our research and now some 90%+ of the scientific community agree on the subject of "climate change". I do not know where the 90 some percent statistic comes from and I do not know what is meant by "climate change". Of course the climate is changing, but when you use flawed models with cherry picked data to "prove" a theory, while shouting the sky is falling, and while setting up companies and passing regulations that will make you and your friends wealthier, there is no wonder why some might question your science and/or your motives. I am not a denier, but I'm not a believer either because I don't think the scientists today are much more knowledgeable than they were 40 years ago and in many of the studies that I've looked at they either leave out or again skew data related to the one thing that has the largest impact on our planets temperature. (Rant over, I'm done) :)
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

What with the population bomb and drowning in trash, I don't worry about the weather, but I do collect Spyderco knives.
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Pinetreebbs wrote:What with the population bomb and drowning in trash, I don't worry about the weather, but I do collect Spyderco knives.
That's the key for me too. IF man is the major cause of climate change, the only logical solution is the one that's unthinkable - reduce the human population by 50% worldwide with the next 5 years. Everything else is either a feel good palliatives, pie in the sky speculation, or an attempt to promote some company's, industry's, or politician's agenda. War may be good business, but fear is an even better one. IF we're not the cause, we're still screwed as a species because we'll soon breed to the point where even the most perfect climate will not be able to provide sufficient food and water for everyone.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

The Deacon wrote:That's the key for me too. IF man is the major cause of climate change, the only logical solution is the one that's unthinkable - reduce the human population by 50% worldwide with the next 5 years. Everything else is either a feel good palliatives, pie in the sky speculation, or an attempt to promote some company's, industry's, or politician's agenda. War may be good business, but fear is an even better one. IF we're not the cause, we're still screwed as a species because we'll soon breed to the point where even the most perfect climate will not be able to provide sufficient food and water for everyone.
Exactly. I'm banking on a deadly flu or antibiotic resistant bug to do the reduction.
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

remnar wrote:The internet lies? Well I guess in this case it does, but I was very much alive in the 70's and there were many articles published by Time and Newsweek about a possible coming ice age. I remember reading them and seeing news stories on television about the subject. The argument that is being made now is that there was no consensus back then about climate change, but now we've done our research and now some 90%+ of the scientific community agree on the subject of "climate change". I do not know where the 90 some percent statistic comes from and I do not know what is meant by "climate change". Of course the climate is changing, but when you use flawed models with cherry picked data to "prove" a theory, while shouting the sky is falling, and while setting up companies and passing regulations that will make you and your friends wealthier, there is no wonder why some might question your science and/or your motives. I am not a denier, but I'm not a believer either because I don't think the scientists today are much more knowledgeable than they were 40 years ago and in many of the studies that I've looked at they either leave out or again skew data related to the one thing that has the largest impact on our planets temperature. (Rant over, I'm done) :)
+10! Agree whole-heartedly! Solyndra Anyone! :)