Any Mustang enthusiasts excited for the 2015 debut?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Evil D

Any Mustang enthusiasts excited for the 2015 debut?

Post by Evil D »

I know I am. As much as I'm a Fox body fan, this new car is pretty sexy. Now I just need it to get to about 15 years old so I can afford one :rolleyes:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2015-for ... to-1913630
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

That's a sweet looking ride. I used to have a '90 GT that I still regret getting rid of. That was a fun car to drive.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I'm had a number of Mustangs in the past and adored the Foxes. It's been a love/hate relationship over the years and I vowed to not buy another, lol. Mainly from the 2000's getting bloated and then going back to the solid rear axle setup.

If it's responsive and fun to drive I might look into it. The Ecoboost is very intriguing and if it doesn't weigh a ton it should scoot very well. My two brothers have Focus ST's and the torque-curve is almost like a diesel truck...very well executed.

The 5.0 is very cool. It's way more car than about 99% of people (including me) can handle though.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

This car is supposedly 200lbs lighter than the previous one, and still has the same 5.0 in it. That puts it around 3400lbs, which is about the same as a fully loaded Fox GT vert, give or take. Considering this car comes with 200hp more than the Fox, it will make for a nasty ride off the showroom floor. It makes a tad less hp than my Mustang does, but it does it purring like a kitten and getting 24mpg highway, vs. my shake-your-fillings-loose nasty cammed gas guzzler lol.
~David
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Yea the performance is insane; VERY large horses and smart traction systems.

Slaughtering the track is getting easier with each revision. My only concern is it becoming more a "drivers car" and less a wild ride where you pray and hang-on. :)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Blerv wrote:Yea the performance is insane; VERY large horses and smart traction systems.

Slaughtering the track is getting easier with each revision. My only concern is it becoming more a "drivers car" and less a wild ride where you pray and hang-on. :)
As long as there's a "traction control off" switch, that probably won't be a problem lol.
~David
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I had a Pony a long long long time ago. They've come a long way since this: :cool:
TedP

Evil D

Post by Evil D »

phillipsted wrote:I had a Pony a long long long time ago. They've come a long way since this: :cool:
TedP

Hey, don't knock the Fox coupe man! :D

~David
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Evil D wrote:As long as there's a "traction control off" switch, that probably won't be a problem lol.
I wasn't thinking as much from a safety perspective but from a tactile feedback one. Smart decisions with suspension tweaking, comfortable seating, R&D spent on the steering, etc.
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

I really LOVE Mustangs but I really do not like the design on this one at all. I used to really like Fords cars until they started puffing out their headlights and applying these horrid ugly lines in the body everywhere. Now the only thing that isnt puffy and ugly is the taurus, fusion and their trucks.
Relentless Perseverance in the Face of a Lightless Sky.

Joshua 1:9b "Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"
78lilred

Post by 78lilred »

The headlights scream fusion, otherwise its looking good.
M390 Para2, CTS-XHP Para2, CTS-204P Para2, Gayle Bradley, Techno, Bob T Slipit, M390 Mule, Southard, Southfork, Air, Tuff, ZDP Caly 3.5.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Nice profile all around and I like the fastback look. Handling will be improved also because it is lighter. Looks like an improvement across the board. Interior still looks plasticky but nice design.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I'll admit that's one sweet ride, but I think I'll just stick with my '69 Grande. ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

Love tha Stang! What's the HP rating on this new 5.0?
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

It's not a bad looking car...bit on the gaudy side though. What ever happened to subltlety and classic clean lines....

Also, I really wish that US car makers would learn how to make an engine have horsepower. It seems that they need a V8 to get the same horsepower that European makers get with a V6...though it's not as bad as it used to be.
On the hunt for...
Kev83

Post by Kev83 »

I used to have a '98 GT.. Is it me or does the new body look like a Nissan 350/370 Z?
rosconey

Post by rosconey »

what a ugly car -
i guess only chrysler can do a good job of redoing a retro style -
want to see a sweet car check out the 2015 cuda pics- man this is what a real car looks like
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

69 Mach I.. Enough said!!! John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
rosconey

Post by rosconey »

i had a 68 289 stang- total pos
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Evil D wrote:Hey, don't knock the Fox coupe man! :D

I guess you had better luck with the coupe than, me, David. Mine was an utter piece of garbage. The interior was cheap plastic and it rattled from the time I rolled off the lot. The fit and finish were the pits - the seams between my body panels varied all over the map. Argh.

That was back before the "Quality is Job #1" era... More like #2. :rolleyes:

TedP