does anyone run hobby grade rc's?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Knivesinedc

does anyone run hobby grade rc's?

Post by Knivesinedc »

i have a micro right now that i want to sell because its a pain to have to fix all the time and I am planning on getting a 1/10 scale ford raptor by Traxxas early next year.
Relentless Perseverance in the Face of a Lightless Sky.

Joshua 1:9b "Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Knivesinedc wrote:i have a micro right now that i want to sell because its a pain to have to fix all the time and I am planning on getting a 1/10 scale ford raptor by Traxxas early next year.
I used to be into planes (Nitro) and 2WD Stadium trucks (Electric). Wanted to get into Nitro 1/10 AWD sedans, but lost interest before I purchased anything. My brother still plays with the 2WD electrics and LiPo batteries.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I did for a short while. I had an old RC10GT that I ran the wheels off of, then sold. I got into painting bodies though, made a little cash doing so.

All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Evil D

Re: does anyone run hobby grade rc's?

Post by Evil D »

I have since got 2 Traxxas Rustler VXLs that are set up to run ~80mph. They're a lot of fun until you hit something at that speed.
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

Evil D wrote:I have since got 2 Traxxas Rustler VXLs that are set up to run ~80mph. They're a lot of fun until you hit something at that speed.
The Rustlers are the best multi terrain stadium trucks around IMO. I had a Nitro Rustler a few years ago. with almost no mods, it would hit 75+. really scary but incredibly fun. The only problem was that when I tried to run it on the beach, the flywheel would scrape the bumps caused by people walking and it would shut off. when you had good flat sand though, the rooster tails were a mile high :cool:
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Knivesinedc wrote:
Evil D wrote:I have since got 2 Traxxas Rustler VXLs that are set up to run ~80mph. They're a lot of fun until you hit something at that speed.
The Rustlers are the best multi terrain stadium trucks around IMO. I had a Nitro Rustler a few years ago. with almost no mods, it would hit 75+. really scary but incredibly fun. The only problem was that when I tried to run it on the beach, the flywheel would scrape the bumps caused by people walking and it would shut off. when you had good flat sand though, the rooster tails were a mile high :cool:

My biggest problem is keeping the front wheels on the ground, even with wheelie bars you can't hit full throttle until you're going 30mph+ or they just do back flips. I'm running them on 3S lipos.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I believe my brother and I both had Tamiya Super Hornets. Entry-level, but a lot of fun. I could see getting into something nitro-based, or into flying or submersible quads as well.
Lost

Post by Lost »

I have too many RC's than I know what to do with.. I have a habit of buying one, driving it for a bit and then dropping massive amounts of money into upgraded parts.. This is a "Traxxas Rustler" that I have built with the intentions to run it at over 100mph.. Never really got around to running it to its full potential.. The batteries I have just weren't supplying enough power.. Enough with the talk.. Time for the pictures..

Lost

Post by Lost »

One of my others.. An Axial Exo Terra.

Camburt

Post by Camburt »

Lovely trucks here. I have got a Breaker 1:10 Scale Electric Off Road RC Trophy Truck which I bought from http://www.thehobbyworx.com/rc-cars/ele ... -4ghz.html at fair price of $143.73/- It has off road ability like a buggy with it's big ground clearance and 4WD but with smaller wheels making it quicker. Perfect for whizzing round dirt tracks, mud or sand.