Dream car.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Knivesinedc

Dream car.

Post by Knivesinedc »

What is a car you have always wanted but could never afford or get ahold of?? Mine is a Ford SVT Raptor and with its base price of $46,000 that crushes my dream of first truck.
Relentless Perseverance in the Face of a Lightless Sky.

Joshua 1:9b "Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I've always been one to enjoy the quirky cheaper cars. At the moment I would get a Mercedes Benz Unimog 416 and import a 90-94 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Possible : BMW M3 CSL $$$

No way in ****: Pagani Zonda or Ascari A10 $$$$$$

Hard to find, but I will buy one some day : Opel Kadett GTE or Triumph TR5
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Blerv wrote:I've always been one to enjoy the quirky cheaper cars. At the moment I would get a Mercedes Benz Unimog 416 and import a 90-94 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R.
Nice choice. A 406 DOKA was always on my want list. Especially with the 24 speed tranny

sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
M80

Post by M80 »

1997 Mazda RX-7
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

I would like to have owned the Ford GT-40 (Original) they moved so I could take delivery of my 1981 Corvette.

A Morgan Aero 8 or a new super car would be nice, but cars are not that important to me anymore. With unlimited money I'd have a helicopter to ride to my jet, screw traffic! :cool:
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

A fully built up Unimog would be my dream offroader.

For a dream car...1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with the L88 option...extremely rare. For those that don't know, it was the factory racing package that included parts the cars racing at Sebring had, but was still road legal. Heater, radio, air conditioning, and choke delete. Heavy duty suspension, transmission, brakes, differential, posi, and radiator. The engine was also beefed up (427 ci), but with aluminum heads, forged crankshaft, cold air induction, and 12.5 : 1 compression. Was rated at 430 horsepower (GM didn't want to sell cars to customers with a power to weight ratio above a certain ratio...officially anyhow), but they made between 560 and 600 horsepower, and it allowed them to get very close to 200 mph.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Ford Fusion (yeh, I aim low ;) )

Ken
玉鋼
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Any Packard/Duesenberg from the 30s.. C.L.A.S.S. John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

jmh58 wrote:Any Packard/Duesenberg from the 30s.. C.L.A.S.S. John
My grandpa had a Packard coupe ('56 I think)...I don't remember if it was a Clipper or a Caribbean. Black and yellow two tone...he always fondly remembered that car. Said the local police had '57 Chevys with 283's and they couldn't keep up. He said driving from Calgary to Edmonton he'd just put his foot down because they couldn't catch him.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
Invective

Post by Invective »

Reaching dream car is a Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 with the RB26DETT engine. Unfortunately, they don't pass smog in America, so it's unlikely I can get one legally. And the new R35s aren't manual which is more than half the fun.

Realistic dream car then would be a either a 1972 Buick Skylark coupe, or a Vauxhall VXR8 Bathurst. The Skylark is a dope freakin car, but the Vauxhall has 4 doors which is a lot more useful and I hate my 2 door car now.
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

The Batmobile :)
I'd be happy with probably any Lamborghini, Ferrari, etc., as I currently drive an '89 Honda Civic...
Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

kbuzbee wrote:Ford Fusion (yeh, I aim low ;) )

Ken
Ken,

I rented the Lincoln version of the Fusion, the MKZ for two weeks last month. It accelerated, and rode very nicely. But I'm 6' 1" and getting in and out out was a pain. Just to pull the door shut while seated I had to duck under the door jam. Once inside there was plenty of leg room and seats were good. Four adults rode comfortably and the trunk is quite generous. It only had about 8k miles but the brakes were grabby making smooth stops difficult. The heater didn't modulate, it either blew cold or hot air. Perhaps a mixing door in the heater was jammed or not working. It did manage about 23 MPG and the key less key fob with remote start was very nice, especially so since the car was a painted in a black metallic.
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
Enkidude

Post by Enkidude »

DMC DeLorean.
Don't mess with the Spyder because you think you're fly.
Transcend the illusion.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

In a lot of ways, I already have it:

1985 Mustang SSP coupe. It's a retired '85 KY Highway Patrol car. I've had it for 10 years and have labored over every nut and bolt on it.

"Dream" car wise, as in could never own probably even if I won the lottery, would be a '60s Ferrari 250 GTO, but they only exist in any year in the single digits, and have sold for several million dollars apiece.

Also in no particular order, '85 Pantera GT5, '67 Shelby GT500, '69 Mustang BOSS 429, '98 Subaru Impreza 22B, '69 Toyota 2000GT, Datson 240Z...it's a long list.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

1949 Rolls Royce Silver Wraith drophead coupe (convertible) with Gurney Nutting coachwork.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Syncharmony

Post by Syncharmony »

Man, I forgot how absolutely beautiful the Ferrari 250 GTO is. From an design perspective, I don't know if it's possible to make a sexier looking car.
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

Evil D wrote:In a lot of ways, I already have it:

1985 Mustang SSP coupe. It's a retired '85 KY Highway Patrol car. I've had it for 10 years and have labored over every nut and bolt on it.

"Dream" car wise, as in could never own probably even if I won the lottery, would be a '60s Ferrari 250 GTO, but they only exist in any year in the single digits, and have sold for several million dollars apiece.

Also in no particular order, '85 Pantera GT5, '67 Shelby GT500, '69 Mustang BOSS 429, '98 Subaru Impreza 22B, '69 Toyota 2000GT, Datson 240Z...it's a long list.
Iirc Nick mason of pink floyd owns what's considered the best working model in the world .
I was given a scale replica of one of these , although a friend owned a super car garage and out of all the cars he drove including an Enzo , he stated ferrai were not as good as others and become twitchy at high speed.
My land speed record was 140mph in a Mercedes s300 I had two tons straight six W124 3 litre engine .
He drove pretty much every marque of car and did the European gumball rally several x , and stated for raw power and savage acceleration a Noble M12 owned everything he driven up till then .
Thing was he didn't even appreciate it the novelty had worn off and it had become just a job my heart bleeds ;) .
I love 1970s 911 s real classy looking cars but lack the finish of the Italian cars of the same era .

Edit the scale replica was 21.1 not a kit lol , a lancia stratos would do it for me or an Intergrale .
noseoil

Post by noseoil »

A new GT-R would be my pick if I were to win the lottery.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

1971 Hemi Cuda
67 Ford Galaxy 427 side oiler
70-71 Challenger R&T Hemi or 440
Polara 440

I'm with 3rd gen rigger on the 67 Stingray set up just like he explained. There is a couple in Raleigh who have one in original, unrestored condition and have had it since new. Those side pipes sound pretty nice.

BMW M5
Aston Martin Vanquish

2013 Challenger Hemi

MRAP
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"