Curious What Fellow Spydie Fans Have Tastes In Guns/ Carry

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
eitenbuffalo34

Curious What Fellow Spydie Fans Have Tastes In Guns/ Carry

Post by eitenbuffalo34 »

I along with I could only imagine a fair amount of you am an avid shooter. I have recently gotten into pistols and carrying and was curious to see what you guys fancy :) I grew up on shotgun, Remingtons are what I love and know and when it comes to rifle I have a love for the M1 Garand and its variants. What do you all love to shoot/ carry? (Pictures welcome!!!)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:spyder:'s: Paramilitary 2 Satin Camo, Caly 3.5 Carbon Fiber, Translucent Blue Manix, Pacific Salt SE, Tenacious, and Paramilitary 2 M390 Blue
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

I like the Glocks and have owned every kind of pistol worth owning. I have a Glock 17 in bed with me every night, a Glock 19 for the car and a Glock 26 for pocket when there's no time for a holster. Just drop the 26 in your pocket with you shirt on the outside and it disappears.
Enkidude

Post by Enkidude »

Remington 870, Kel-Tec PF9, and a Ruger 10/22.
I don't "carry" the Kel-Tec much, but when I do I just clip it inside my waistband. That's right ClipIt!!! No holster needed. I keep it in the car most of the time.
I don't get to shoot as much as I like anymore. Hard to find time and ammo(for a decent price)....
Don't mess with the Spyder because you think you're fly.
Transcend the illusion.
SIGnificant

Post by SIGnificant »

SIG, SIG and more SIG. The P229 is my all-time favorite.
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

Generally when it comes to guns, I prefer time-proven designs.
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder:
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

I don't carry a gun as part of my EDC, or own a pistol, although once I'm done college and build a house it will become a priority (I'll likely buy a Kimber .45, or some kind of .357 revolver). I do have a Model 870 20-gauge with the long barrel option for magpies, and a couple .22's for coyote duty.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

S&W MP .40 Compact... Carried Glocks for yrs but this is way more nicer!!! John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

If I could Carry and was old enough I would carry a Glock 20 in a Black hawk Serpa holster and have a marlin papoose as a pack rifle, As well as a Smith and Wesson M&P40 at home.
Relentless Perseverance in the Face of a Lightless Sky.

Joshua 1:9b "Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"
sarguy

Post by sarguy »

I carry an XD-40 that I bought new 11 years ago. Runs like a top.
"It's like he channels dead crazy people!"-Brock Samson
Officially corrupted by Sequimite
Own:E4W E4W trainer, D4W, D4W trainer, Centofante 4, Swick II, FFG E4 w/ foliage green G-10,Mule Team 5 and 6

Want list: ZDP Stretch, Original and New Yojimbos, Perrin PPT
My wish-existed list: More MBC-esque blades.

RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

I'm with those of you who like the Remington's. I have an 870 Wingmaster Lightweight in 20 ga. with 20" smoothbore and rifle sights. It shoots slugs like a rifle plus just as good with bird shot and #4 Buckshot. If you could own only one gun that would be the only way to go go.I also have a 552 BDL Deluxe. 22 that shoots shorts, longs and long rifles. I loaded the magazine one time staggered with a sht long and LR all the way and it fired all without a hitch but what was wild each one sounded totally different. I want a model 700 in 7mm08 and one of the 1100 Commemoratives that came out this year in 28 guage.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I have and carry many guns. Currently my favorites are Ruger, Para-USA (Para-Ordnance), Winchester, S&W, and Kahr. I carry everyday and almost everywhere. If you see me in my yard getting the mail in my gym shorts, I'm carrying. Revolvers are still a weak point in my collection, but I will remedy that soon.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
MadRookie

Post by MadRookie »

.38 Special snubby 5 shot - nice & small, powerful.

:)
eitenbuffalo34

Post by eitenbuffalo34 »

I am curious about getting into the 1911 carry game. What do you all suggest? I feel like my first 1911 has to be a colt to keep to tradition, what do you guys think?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:spyder:'s: Paramilitary 2 Satin Camo, Caly 3.5 Carbon Fiber, Translucent Blue Manix, Pacific Salt SE, Tenacious, and Paramilitary 2 M390 Blue
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

eitenbuffalo34 wrote:I am curious about getting into the 1911 carry game. What do you all suggest? I feel like my first 1911 has to be a colt to keep to tradition, what do you guys think?
I am not saying a Colt isn't a terrific quality firearm, but others of great quality can be found with more features for less money. I would research Para-USA, STI, or RIA
*Landon*
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

I'm a Snubnose 357Mag kinda guy that likes Twin Sp101 Rugers in the Spring, Summer and Fall. Come Winter a quick switch to a Sig P220 45acp...Good to go.............Doc :)
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

I have owned several 1911's including Colts and Kimbers plus S&W Taurus Sig Sauer and several others but still prefer the Glock 9mm to anything out there. The single action 1911s are dangerous unless you are extremely well skilled in the use of handguns and are a bugger to take down for cleaning and put back together.
ginsuwarrior

Post by ginsuwarrior »

Glock 23 because I got a great deal on it. Not sure I'm in love with .40. I've shot friends metal framed 9mm (Beretta) and I'm kind of more accurate with it. Don't have the expendable income for another pistol, I'd rather build a long range deer slayer first, then retire the 30/30.

As far as shotguns, I'm totally utilitarian, Mossy 500 for SD, Remington 870 for birds and stuff. Both early 90's models before the QC went down the tubes a bit.

Early 80's Marlin Model 60 for small critters. 18 rounds of .22lr in the tube!!
Military // PM 2 // Endura // Delica // Stretch // SE Tasman // SE Hawkbill Ladybug
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

RanCoWeAla wrote:I have owned several 1911's including Colts and Kimbers plus S&W Taurus Sig Sauer and several others but still prefer the Glock 9mm to anything out there. The single action 1911s are dangerous unless you are extremely well skilled in the use of handguns and are a bugger to take down for cleaning and put back together.
I wouldn't say they are a bugger, but they don't strip in 3 seconds like a Glock.
*Landon*
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

I like most firearms. I own a Kimber compact stainless II, Colt Mustang 380 (my main edc), Glock 23 gen3, and a Taurus Pt1911.
I will be picking up my new Beretta 92fs compact inox in 3 days.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Walther P99 9mm and a Mossberg 500, pictured below