Curious What Fellow Spydie Fans Have Tastes In Guns/ Carry

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

I'm with you on that Jason. I had owned several snubbies over the years and could never hit the broad side of a barn with one. The first time I picked up a Glock which was a model 19 that I bought from my Son I was amazed. I now own a 17, 19 and 26 and all are extremely accurate
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Has anyone handled a G41 yet? I like the idea of the thinner frame and closed top slide. Waiting for my local shop to get one so I can handle it.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

No I haven't but I would like to because it sounds like the perfect concealed carry pistol. I wouldn't be surprised either if Glock didn't have a single stack 9mm in the works.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

RanCoWeAla wrote:No I haven't but I would like to because it sounds like the perfect concealed carry pistol. I wouldn't be surprised either if Glock didn't have a single stack 9mm in the works.
I mean the 41 (long slide 45ACP) not the 42 (380 concealed)
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

New stock on my AR to keep my rifle compliant with recent local law changes, it was either this or reclassify the gun, upgrade my security, and not use it for hunting. Under the new law, free standing pistol grips were added to the list of parts that are restricted, some local manufacturers have come up with some nice solutions, joining the grip to the stock technically a "thumb hole" stock while not looking like balls, this one from servo industries. Made of alloy, overall its lighter than my magpul furniture, partly from the integration of the buffer tube into the stock itself, that's just a foam sleeve on the tube. The irony is I now have an A2 style grip, which previously were the only pattern of PG restricted. :rolleyes:

eitenbuffalo34

Post by eitenbuffalo34 »

Just got out and shot my new M1. Best. Rifle. Ever.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:spyder:'s: Paramilitary 2 Satin Camo, Caly 3.5 Carbon Fiber, Translucent Blue Manix, Pacific Salt SE, Tenacious, and Paramilitary 2 M390 Blue
Officer Gigglez
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Post by Officer Gigglez »

w3tnz wrote:New stock on my AR to keep my rifle compliant with recent local law changes, it was either this or reclassify the gun, upgrade my security, and not use it for hunting. Under the new law, free standing pistol grips were added to the list of parts that are restricted, some local manufacturers have come up with some nice solutions, joining the grip to the stock technically a "thumb hole" stock while not looking like balls, this one from servo industries. Made of alloy, overall its lighter than my magpul furniture, partly from the integration of the buffer tube into the stock itself, that's just a foam sleeve on the tube. The irony is I now have an A2 style grip, which previously were the only pattern of PG restricted. :rolleyes:

I actually kind of like that stock.
Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Byrd Meadowlark 2 FRN, PE
-Resilience
eitenbuffalo34

Post by eitenbuffalo34 »

Do any of you have some cool sporterized mosin nagants?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:spyder:'s: Paramilitary 2 Satin Camo, Caly 3.5 Carbon Fiber, Translucent Blue Manix, Pacific Salt SE, Tenacious, and Paramilitary 2 M390 Blue
Officer Gigglez

eitenbuffalo34 wrote:Do any of you have some cool sporterized mosin nagants?

I do. It isn't all tacticooled out, it is just wearing a synthetic stock that has been Cerakoted, a bipod, a sling, and a scope.
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Resilience
Officer Gigglez

-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Resilience
eitenbuffalo34

Post by eitenbuffalo34 »

WOW! I am extremely jealous I want an M1A next, its such a beautiful gun! What kind is that, I have never seen one with that large screw on the side below the bolt???
Officer Gigglez wrote:Image
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

w3tnz wrote:New stock on my AR to keep my rifle compliant with recent local law changes, it was either this or reclassify the gun, upgrade my security, and not use it for hunting. Under the new law, free standing pistol grips were added to the list of parts that are restricted, some local manufacturers have come up with some nice solutions, joining the grip to the stock technically a "thumb hole" stock while not looking like balls, this one from servo industries. Made of alloy, overall its lighter than my magpul furniture, partly from the integration of the buffer tube into the stock itself, that's just a foam sleeve on the tube. The irony is I now have an A2 style grip, which previously were the only pattern of PG restricted. :rolleyes:

This is just awesome. Good for you man, keep fighting the good fight.
Which state?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

not gonna lie, i kinda dig the stock on that AR

my carry piece, m&p shield 40

top right was my lc9, sold it to a friend. top to bottom, rem 870 express compact in 20 ga, marlin .22, and marlin 336 30-30

rem 770 in 30-06. i free floated the barrel, put a metal swivel stud on the front for the bi pod, polished the bolt, and epoxied some fishing weights into the stock to make it heavier. oh yeah, painted it OD green

stevekolt

Post by stevekolt »

Current EDC is a Glock 30S in a FIST Hybrid IWB holster. My Sunday going to church IWB is a Kahr PM9, and when I am out on my property with my dogs, it is a Glock 20 in a Serpa OWB holster. Have a number of others, but those are the main three currently...
NRA Lifetime Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Basic Pistol, Rifle, Personal Protection In The Home
GOA Lifetime Member
Knife Rights Charter Member
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I'm Canadian which means we can't carry guns. It doesn't mean we can't take em to the range for some fun every once in a while.

Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Officer Gigglez

eitenbuffalo34 wrote:WOW! I am extremely jealous I want an M1A next, its such a beautiful gun! What kind is that, I have never seen one with that large screw on the side below the bolt???
I wish it was an M1A. That is a pre 2005 Ruger Mini 14, ranch rifle. great rifle, so long as you don't expect long range accuracy or expose it to the elements too bad, like dropping it in mud.
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Resilience
Officer Gigglez

Liquid Cobra wrote:I'm Canadian which means we can't carry guns. It doesn't mean we can't take em to the range for some fun every once in a while.

Nothing quite like the good ol' Beretta 90 series.
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Resilience
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

JBE wrote:I used to carry a snubbie...a little 2-1/2" 5-shot .38 Special until I decided that I'd be better served by something that was about the same size, just as reliable and held 5 extra rounds (Glock 26) :)
Different strokes for different folks. I've never handled a "double stack" auto that felt "right" in my hand and I'd rather know that, in the admittedly unlikely event of a misfire, all I need do is pull the trigger again than to be ready for what I see as the equally unlikely need for more than 5 shots.
RanCoWeAla wrote:I'm with you on that Jason. I had owned several snubbies over the years and could never hit the broad side of a barn with one. The first time I picked up a Glock which was a model 19 that I bought from my Son I was amazed. I now own a 17, 19 and 26 and all are extremely accurate
Glad you found something that works for you. I'll agree that snubbies aren't tack drivers, but "back in the day", when I was scoring 260-270 consistently on the NRA Short Course with my 6" Officers Model Match, I shot a 228 on it with the Detective Special. Not terribly impressive, but not too shabby either. Today, I can consistently draw, point, shoot, and hit a 5" circle at 5 yards with my snubbies. Again, nothing to write home about, but I'm satisfied.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

My Dad always carried a snub nose Colt .38 Special Cobra six gun. He never warmed up to semi-autos. That said, things have changed quite a bit, and while I love my Glock 23, I sure wish still had my Dad's too.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

The Deacon wrote:Today, I can consistently draw, point, shoot, and hit a 5" circle at 5 yards with my snubbies.
Well, there's snubbies, and then there's snubbies ;)

Ken
玉鋼