Curious What Fellow Spydie Fans Have Tastes In Guns/ Carry

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

nevermind...
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

Anyway, lets just stop arguing and show off your guns.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

I bought my Lone Wolf conversion barrel for my G27 about 5 years ago. I tried just swapping the barrel and magazines and it would work for a little and then wouldn't. According to "Gun Digest Book of the Glock" written by Patrick Sweeney in 2008 you need to replace the ejector block. If you have a G17, 19, 26, look at the ejector assemblies next to the 40 cal. ejector. The angle of the ejector on the 9 is more acute to compensate for the smaller head size of the 9mm cartridge vs. the 40. your gun may be presently working with the present lot of ammo you have, but that could change! A new ejector block is not very expensive at all, and would give you piece of mind!
remnar

Post by remnar »

I have a few handguns that I carry including a Glock and a XD. Lately it seems to be the Ruger LCR in .38 that I've been favoring for its small size and light weight. My favorites to shoot are my Browning .22s, especially the Belgian Brownings.

-remnar
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Gunslinger wrote:Anyway, lets just stop arguing and show off your guns.
We wouldn't be arguing if we just shared information. The "declarations" are what's causing the arguments anyway since one guy's best isn't the other guy's.

Anyway, here's my modded connector. Trigger pull weight is around 3 pounds now.

Manchu

Post by Manchu »

Hmmmm…whenever I'm State-side really kinda whatever I'm in the mood for - 1911, Sig P220/228, Glock 19, S&W 1006, CZ P-01, etc. Mostly an ivory-handled Colt Commander IWB stoked w/ some 230-gr. gold dots, and a spare mag. Good enough for me.
Keep Up The Fire!!

:spyder: : Janich/Snody Ronin, Chinook II (2/ea.), Manix (1st gen.), Persian (1st gen), UKPK-G10/orange, UKPK-G10/fg, Southard, Gayle Bradley, Goddard OD Lightweight Sprint Run

**Sent from a remote location using smoke signals.**
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

eric m. wrote:I bought my Lone Wolf conversion barrel for my G27 about 5 years ago. I tried just swapping the barrel and magazines and it would work for a little and then wouldn't. According to "Gun Digest Book of the Glock" written by Patrick Sweeney in 2008 you need to replace the ejector block. If you have a G17, 19, 26, look at the ejector assemblies next to the 40 cal. ejector. The angle of the ejector on the 9 is more acute to compensate for the smaller head size of the 9mm cartridge vs. the 40. your gun may be presently working with the present lot of ammo you have, but that could change! A new ejector block is not very expensive at all, and would give you piece of mind!
You're right, although I haven't had any issues with mine. I don't plan on carrying it with the 9mm conversion. I will eventually buy a G32 barrel for my G23.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

Quote: "Back in October, after 2+ years of procrastination, I finally got around to taking the required course and putting in for my CWP. Decided I needed something a bit newer than my 50 year old Detective Special, so I bought this..."

Absolutely beautiful revolver. I've been looking for a small revolver and this one looks the part.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
knifeluv

Post by knifeluv »

Please stop doing that with a G26 RanCoWeAla, for yours and everyone else's safety. Glocks require a holster to prevent accidental discharge. Just my $.02
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

Gunslinger, you are going to love the 357 Sig conversion barrel for your Glock 23! :D Start picking up ammo for it now because the price is ridiculous, that's if you can find it!!!
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Unfortunately I live in CA, but do have grandfathered guns. Maadi AK-47, Chicom AK-47, UZI Mod A, HK-91, FN-FAL, Sites Spectre, and Galil ARM (7.62). My other rifles are TC Dimension (.223), all three Mosins, Jap Type 99 w/Mum, K98, Ruger 10/22, Pre-64 Win Mod 70 (270). Handguns - Glock Gen 2 G19, Springfield XD45, Ruger Super Blackhawk and Super Redhawk, S&W 66, 642, 29(Nickel), Charter Arms Bulldog, Colt 1911 Series 70(38 Super), Colt Series 70 Combat Commander (45).

One of my faves is the G19. It was stolen in 1992. In 2011 I got a call from a LAPD detective asking about it, they no longer had my theft report. A year later I got a letter from the LAPD that I could pick up my gun and I would only have to fill out an app to the DOJ and pay $20. A month later I got the approval, and picked it up. It was recovered in a gang sweep and was thought to be used in a bank robbery, but no murder, or I would not get it back. Returned in mint condition and it even came back with the hi-cap mag. :D

Here is a pic just after I put Mepros in her....

PM2(Camo/Satin) Military (Safety Orange, Camo), Endura (Wave, ZDP-189, Super Blue), Gayle Bradley, Techno, Pacific Salt PE, Tasman Salt SE, Harpy, Manbug ZDP-189, Dragonfly Aus 8, Ladybug (Red with CE...1990ish), Cricket SE, Civilian.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

That gangbanger seems to have taken good care of your G19. :)
Officer Gigglez
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Post by Officer Gigglez »

RanCoWeAla wrote:I like the Glocks and have owned every kind of pistol worth owning. I have a Glock 17 in bed with me every night, a Glock 19 for the car and a Glock 26 for pocket when there's no time for a holster. Just drop the 26 in your pocket with you shirt on the outside and it disappears.
"Owned every pistol worth owning"
Doubt it.
Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Byrd Meadowlark 2 FRN, PE
-Resilience
remnar

Post by remnar »

Officer Gigglez wrote:"Owned every pistol worth owning" Doubt it.
Officer Gigglez just made me giggle with that one. :D

-remnar
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:That gangbanger seems to have taken good care of your G19. :)
Lol. Must have been a gangbanger with morals? :p :rolleyes:
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

SpyderNut wrote:Lol. Must have been a gangbanger with morals? :p :rolleyes:
I heard he got 10+ years. I think he liked it and did not know how to shoot it. It was in the same condition as when it was stolen.
PM2(Camo/Satin) Military (Safety Orange, Camo), Endura (Wave, ZDP-189, Super Blue), Gayle Bradley, Techno, Pacific Salt PE, Tasman Salt SE, Harpy, Manbug ZDP-189, Dragonfly Aus 8, Ladybug (Red with CE...1990ish), Cricket SE, Civilian.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Well, I am a simple man... so I like to roll with an AR pistol on warm days... and the same with a desert eagle (44 mag, of course) backup when it gets cool out. :p

I kid, of course (I mean, really, everyone knows you only carry AR pistols with 20 round mags after labor day). I like a Glock 21 most days... and I bought a Beretta nano a while back for jogging and the like. I've tried a lot, those are the ones that stuck. I also threw my favorite rifle into the pic for flavor. It's my Black Rain, I call her YT :D .

EDIT: Pardon the photo quality... I'm good at shooting lots of things, but cameras not so much.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I deny owning any firearms. However , if I was to have a few I'd likely have A:

1) Pre ban HK 91A3
2) Pre Ban SP1
3) Glock 23 w/ extra .357 Sig barrell ( real glock)
4) Ruger Speed Six .357 2 3/4ths bbl.
5) Taurus Ultra lite Ti .38 sp ( for dog walking in light jogging pants or shorts with no belt)
6) Enfield no.1 Mk III
7) Remington 870 12 ga.
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

SpyderNut wrote:Lol. Must have been a gangbanger with morals? :p :rolleyes:
Even a worthless low-life thug knows better than to neglect a gun that he either stole or bought. Especially the latter.
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder:
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

The Mastiff wrote:I deny owning any firearms. However , if I was to have a few I'd likely have A:

1) Pre ban HK 91A3
2) Pre Ban SP1
3) Glock 23 w/ extra .357 Sig barrell ( real glock)
4) Ruger Speed Six .357 2 3/4ths bbl.
5) Taurus Ultra lite Ti .38 sp ( for dog walking in light jogging pants or shorts with no belt)
6) Enfield no.1 Mk III
7) Remington 870 12 ga.
That's a nice shopping list Joe. Hope you get all of those one of these days. :D
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*