Explain your screen name

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
sharpguitarist

Post by sharpguitarist »

Hey guys,
Sharp refers to my love of knives, and I've been playing the guitar for 38 years.
Later,
Don
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.:rolleyes:
canivete

Post by canivete »

"Canivete" is folder or folding knife in Portuguese.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Some creative ones out there! On some other forums, I also have

85_SS_302_Coupe, which refers to my 1985 Mustang Special Service (Package, was supposed to be SSP but I screwed up when I registered 13 years ago), 302 powered Mustang coupe. Of course, now it's 347 powered...maybe I need to update this one ;)

I'm also EvilSSP on You Tube...again referring to the Mustang. Special Service Package was the factory option list given to police/emergency vehicles in those days. People refer to the old Mustang cop cars as "SSP's".

I'm endo on the BMXMuseum.com forum. An endo is/was an old freestyle trick where you locked up the front brakes and balanced on the front wheel.

I'm Evil D most everywhere else though, although it is a pretty common screen name so not every Evil D you see is me (disclaimer lol).
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Tubpbs

Post by Tubpbs »

Childhood nickname. The "P" is not silent.

I like it still.

-Zach
LC Kid

Long Live the Land Cruiser!

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Folks!

LC Kid: Land Cruiser Kid
:cool: Do I have to say more? :D
Stay Sharp!
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

Err I like blades and keep them ? Really imaginative huh :D .
The ex wife would suggest a few most un printable on most forums , including here ;) .
Divorcing after 17 years and starting fresh although will be in my children's lives obviously .
Might re name myself -past my sell by date - any suggestions please post ;) .
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

OK...

jnewell = John Newell :)
Blue Possum

Post by Blue Possum »

Nickname given to me:

Blue - because I always wore blue pants, or shorts.

Possum - because i was late night person staying up till 3 - 4 AM.

Blue Possum was then shorten to Blue Pos and then shorten to Pos
Blue Possum
ASmitty

Post by ASmitty »

As with others, mine is fairly simple: Aaron Smith = asmitty. On blade forums, I am maxfisher. Max Fischer from the film Rushmore is one of my all time favorite movie characters. I removed the C from Fischer to change it just a tiny bit.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a danish."

Quietly lurking the Spyderco forum since 2003...
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

I guess it's been a while since I ran through the story on mine.

Way back in the mid 80's, three of us were talking at work. We had noted that it cost more to have an unlisted phone number than a regular listed number, like it must cost more to not print it. We also noticed that you didn't have to use your real name for the phone line, so we were making up names to use so we could have a cheaper number and still not have customers trying to get us to do work on the side. One of the guys was a fan of the old T.V. show "Barney Miller" and loved the line from Wojohowitz when he told the guy "It's spelled just like it sounds." He threw out the name "Yablanowitz - spelled just like it sounds."

Fast forward ten years, I'm trying to register on Yahoo Messenger with variations of my real name. After the fourth try came up "already in use", I said, "Okay, try THIS on for size" and typed in yablanowitz. Oddly enough, it wasn't "already in use", and I've been using it everywhere since then.

The really weird part came when I Googled "Yablanowitz" a couple of years ago and found out it was a real name.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
glbpro

Post by glbpro »

Mine is short for GLB Productions, my sound and lighting company. Also my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/glbpro
Regards,
Bruno

"Each of the builders wore his sword at his side as he worked." - Nehemiah 4:18
jifigz

Post by jifigz »

My "handle" came about during my freshman year of college. My room-mate and myself used to play this tennis game on XBOX to kill time and I created a player and just came up with the name JIFIGZ to identify him....It stuck and I thought it was creative enough to carryover as a unique name into other aspects of life. Jifigz eventually became "cheesecake" somehow and I was called that by college buds for a while...and no, I am not overweight. 6'2" and 170 lbs...cheesecake came about in a weird way lol
M80

Post by M80 »

chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

45 was my age when I registered. I didn't know then that id be here for a month or more.
Buendia518

Post by Buendia518 »

Ahh so you must know the mystery, :) , Buendia is the last name of the family in my 2nd favorite book, 100 Years of Solitude. (can I call it my 2nd favorite book if I only read half of it several years ago and plan to pick it back up...eventually?) But it's a wonderful book so to anyone who sees this read it, and I'll go ahead and make a vow to all you semi-strangers that I will start reading it again soon.

518 is a number my brother swears holds some significance for him, so I suppose I honor him with that, he lives halfway across the world ( but **** we talk every day I don't really need to honor him :) ). I think I tacked it on there hoping it had some good energy though.
Reject

Post by Reject »

I thought that I suffered from an inferiority complex.

But then; :) I realised that I didn’t have a complex at all.

:D I really was inferior.
How much can a Koala bear?
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

My name is Roger, but the Wire Edge part is a joke between my dad and I. Way back in the late 80's I started sharpening all of the knives on our farm, I had bought some sharpening equipment and was really trying to get good at it. I was really happy with a few edges I put on knives, and my dad joked that they weren't as sharp as I thought, they probably had a wire edge. It made me grumpy at the time, but it soon became our go to joke whenever he'd check out a new knife I bought!
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I'm not the real Mastiff. Finn is the real mastiff and I'm just the old guy he trained to do things he wants done. They say dogs have a brain capacity of a 3-5 year old child. In Finn's case he is much more intelligent than that when it comes to human vocabulary. He knows pretty much everything I say unless I get into the abstract, which he admittedly does have problems with. I talk to him like a human and he talks back in his own fashion. Lots of dogs try to talk then either give up when they learn their mouths can't make the correct sounds, or they get laughed at by family. That puts a stop to it quicker than anything.

If I ask Finn a question like "what medicine do you want"? he will answer by looking to where that medicine is kept, than look back at me. I then confirm "do you want your Hip pain medicine?" He will confirm yes by licking his chops, or do nothing if the answer is no. If no, I go on to the next medicine, like, "do you want some tummy medicine?" Than I get the "yes" answer when it's correct.

1) keep the meds in the same place
2) use the same name, ask the same question in the same cadence every time.
3) explain to him what the medicines do in a way he understands so he knows what he wants. This takes time, and coinsistency.

Dogs love routines. They also love to know they have a job, and contribute. If we are walking and a car approaches I call alarm by stating "finn, car". We then both get up onto the curb, grass, off the road. He eventually got to the point that if I didn't step up on the curb he would shoulder into me and push me up onto the curb.

Dogs want their pack leaders to be good decision makers. The dogs you see pulling their owners around on the leash trying to chase another dog off are dogs that lost confidence in their owners. In a stressful situation they feel they need to take charge of the family, not because they want to be alpha. They don't. They just don't trust the owner. I see it all the time. It's usually something in the body language of the owner that tells the dog "oh man, he's doing it again. Let me get us out of here and chase that dangerous dog away". It's predictable.

To get the best out of any dog make them secure in themselves ( not spoiled), and in you as a leader ( don't be overbearing or a bully). Never horseplay with large, powerful breeds. It doesn't end well,

Anyways, those are some of the things Finn the mastiff has taught me.
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
1965ford

Post by 1965ford »

My first car, Mustang.
MadRookie

Post by MadRookie »

I started using this name when I began playing America's Army online, as I was a rookie and just rushed in madly to just get killed time & time again - hence my nick: MadRookie

:)