A much better day!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
DRKBC

A much better day!

Post by DRKBC »

Found it :D

Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Nice. Where?
- best wishes, Jazz.
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

It was clipped to the side of a fairly large site inspection bag that I use, sort of like one of those heavy duty canvas tool bags. I have know idea how it got clipped on there, I would never trust to just randomly clip it on to the outside of pocket of a bag that goes in and out of my truck, so I really don't get it. Maybe it was on the floor of the truck and someone picked it up and put it there for safe keeping, I just don't know. But today my daughter jumped into my truck and the first thing she said was "I found it!" I'm like you found what, she said your knife, I really couldn't believe it.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

I've had pocket clips snag on things I'm picking up and transfer the knife from the inside of my pocket to the outside of the other object. I had a tenant return a MeerKat locked open once, the afghan on her couch had picked it out of my pocket, she opened it and couldn't figure out how to close it again. Congrats on recovering your Sebbie.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Hey! Glad your daughter found it. It's always sad to lose a knife, but even more so when it's something that expensive!
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Congrats,
It is a good news.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I would do two things at this point. 1) take the clip off and tighten it up. 2) reconsider carrying it at all since you now know what it feels like to lose such an expensive knife.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

WOOT! Congrats brother. Most excellent news!

Ken
玉鋼
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Hot dang! That's great news. :) You'll be able to sleep much better tonight I'm sure. Does your daughter earn a "finder's fee" by chance? :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Holland

Post by Holland »

thats awesome! must have been a huge relief! congrats :D
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Thanks guys Huuuuge relief I really was 99 percent sure it was gone for good.
Blue Possum

Post by Blue Possum »

Sheew - what a relief. :)

The feeling is better then when you first got the knife. I too have had a knife transfer to something I was carrying. I have even once somehow transferred when getting out of the car, to the car door.
It's a low feeling once one comes to the conclusion it is gone, and elation when it is found.
Blue Possum
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Congrats!! John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Blue Possum wrote:Sheew - what a relief. :)

The feeling is better then when you first got the knife. I too have had a knife transfer to something I was carrying. I have even once somehow transferred when getting out of the car, to the car door.
It's a low feeling once one comes to the conclusion it is gone, and elation when it is found.
You are right! when you first get the knife you are anticipating its arrival following its progress all the way etc. It is exciting but you know its coming. When my daughter showed me the Sebenza I was caught completely off guard a gift I really never expected to receive.
GronK

Post by GronK »

Funny how things turn back up. When my forum Native showed up I was going to use my old standard Native to open the box but couldn't find it. Looked everywhere but it was gone. A month later I got an email with a pic of the knife from my son in Tucson. He had driven here a couple of months back and had found the knife in the trunk of his car when he got back. He originally thought it must belong to my other son here in Colorado but he told him if it was a Spyderco and was really sharp it must be Dad's.
Think Twice, Post Once!
GronK
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

GronK wrote:Funny how things turn back up. When my forum Native showed up I was going to use my old standard Native to open the box but couldn't find it. Looked everywhere but it was gone. A month later I got an email with a pic of the knife from my son in Tucson. He had driven here a couple of months back and had found the knife in the trunk of his car when he got back. He originally thought it must belong to my other son here in Colorado but he told him if it was a Spyderco and was really sharp it must be Dad's.
That's a great story, I love that "if it is really sharp it must be Dad's" :D
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

Celebrate by getting another knife :)
Glad you found it!
Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Pockets wrote:Celebrate by getting another knife :)
Glad you found it!
I will run that by my wife :D
tortoise

Post by tortoise »

Woo hoo!

That is terrific! I have been watching the other thread, and feeling your pain.

Hey, I wonder if you could throw it on your homeowners. I have my watches on mine and it lets me wear them at work without concern. Until your story I had never thought about putting my Sebenza (which I also carry at work) on there.

Hmmm...
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

tortoise wrote:Woo hoo!

That is terrific! I have been watching the other thread, and feeling your pain.

Hey, I wonder if you could throw it on your homeowners. I have my watches on mine and it lets me wear them at work without concern. Until your story I had never thought about putting my Sebenza (which I also carry at work) on there.

Hmmm...
Thanks Tortoise, I was so relieved to find it! It was great to have a shoulder to cry on over hear and on the Chris Reeve's forum over at BF.

You know it also crossed my mind about the house insurance but I am pretty sure my deductible is about $500. It's a good point you raise if someone broke into your house for instance and stole (along with other items) all your knives they likely wouldn't be covered. We have a miscellanies cash and jewellery for a couple thousand and we also have a separate rider on our insurance for watches and jewellery but it might be good to have them listed separately.