What Are Your Other Addictions?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Enkidude

Post by Enkidude »

^^^^^^That's awesome!!! I like to learn wild edibles when not oogling over Spyderco knives... :D
Don't mess with the Spyder because you think you're fly.
Transcend the illusion.
swissknife
Location: beautiful switzerland with not so ugly knive-laws anymore.. ;)

Post by swissknife »

to be honest, while skydiving i find to be a pretty safe activity, BASE, also depending on what kind of jumps you do, is VERY dangerous, i'm even tempted to say it's ridicilously stupid, but hey, it's a lot of fun! you get to do some nice hikes, and how many others can say they jumped from a 3000ft cliff and survived it!?

also, on this particular jumps the visuals are amazing; you jump into what is a bit of a couloir, so you have rock flying by in all your peripheral vision; to bad i didnt bring a camera on this one..
mainaman

Post by mainaman »

Razors for me.
Price wise similar to knives.
Razor hones, Japanese natural ones, can get very expensive.
willydigger

Post by willydigger »

Jeeps.

and Frogs!
Swick3 • Blue Lava • Orange Dodo • Persistence • Techno
No Longer Own - Dragonfly 2 G10 • Sage 1 • PM2 • Cat S30V G10 Custom • Orange FRN Dragonfly • Native 5 G10• Foliage Smallfly
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

willydigger wrote:Jeeps.

and Frogs!

Is that little guy real or part of the pumpkin?
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I used to like old WW1 & WW2 bolt guns . Nothing like walnut and blued steel. The "surplus" market had it's ups and downs over the years. I have enjoyed them more than newer semi autos and used to be I could afford to buy ammo whereas the new stuff was always more expensive. I've pretty much given all that stuff up and sold them when I could make a profit. I still do like the old stuff better.

I have way too many books too. Another passion that got larger and larger over the years taking up more bookshelves than it should have. I've gotten rid of some but not enough. I still do enjoy reading and find Kindles repugnant. :)

Old watches, manual and auto. Nothing expensive. I've had better luck with Seiko autos than Kinetics, citizen eco-stuff, etc. I still enjoy wearing watches I need to wind up and even keep old fashioned alarm clocks around for when the power goes out. I grew up with the old "big ben" ticking away next to my bed.

I used to really enjoy making beef and venison Jerky, as well as NC style spicy pickles that would pucker your face, and burn your mouth but they were truly addictive, like the jerky. I had to cut back on orders from the doctor. Apparently high blood pressure and lots of salt don't get along.

I'm at the stage I want to simplify my "things". As I've stated before I have seen too many grieving family s get really badly taken advantage of. It disgusts me. The last thing my sole remaining heir has time for is trying to sell knives and other things he doesn't know the value of, the good places to go, the intricacies involved and have the time needed to do it. Most in that situation load things up into a car or truck, go to a gun store and ask for an offer. These guys will offer $200 for $20,000 worth of guns and knives ( not even saying I have that much value). I've seen it too many times.

In situations like that he, the executor needs cash not a trunk full of collectibles.

Anyway, sorry to rain on this otherwise fun thread.

Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

EDC gear in general. Especially flashlights and watches.
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder:
willydigger

Post by willydigger »

Evil D wrote:Is that little guy real or part of the pumpkin?
Totally a real frog.

I said, don't touch my knife not even a finger! :D

Likes beer too. Just kidding. :D
Swick3 • Blue Lava • Orange Dodo • Persistence • Techno
No Longer Own - Dragonfly 2 G10 • Sage 1 • PM2 • Cat S30V G10 Custom • Orange FRN Dragonfly • Native 5 G10• Foliage Smallfly
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

That's awesome! I hadn't thought to include it before, but I'm a fan of pets as well...of all types, but especially dogs. This is my dog Gypsy...she's the smartest dog we've had yet. She'll balance a treat on her nose as long as I want her to...if it's a piece of raw steak (Or better yet, corned beef, which is by far her favourite thing in the whole world), she'll wait no longer than about 15-20 seconds before becoming too impatient to wait any longer...which is reasonable really as far as I'm concerned. And she understands a lot of words, even if you spell them out verbally instead of speaking them.

All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

willydigger wrote:Totally a real frog.

Likes beer too. Just kidding. :D
Wow, every time you've posted pics with him in it, I thought you had a little ceramic frog or something and just liked the looks of it LOL.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

That's what I thought too looking at those pictures. I keep asking myself now...how hard is it to pose that frog and make it stay there?
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
M80

Post by M80 »

Pyrotechnics and Gaming :p
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

willydigger wrote:Totally a real frog.

Oh! He's testing you. :D
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder: