Prayers needed

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

Ken, my family is and will keep your family in our thoughts and prayers. Be strong brother.

Dan, Stacey, Zach and Alex.
:spyder:
Dan
bh49

Post by bh49 »

kbuzbee wrote: Next hurdle is checking lymph nodes bright and early 6am tomorrow.

Ken
Ken,
please, keep us updated.
Roman
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

bh49 wrote:Ken,
please, keep us updated.
Roman
Will do, Roman.

She's out of second surgery and did fine but we won't know anything for another week, until pathology comes back.

Ken
玉鋼
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

Ken, You and your wife are in my thoughts and I will pray to the Lord ...
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Prayers continue form PA.. John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I sent a prayer your family's way this morning on my way to work. Hang in there, Ken.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
SkullBouncer

Post by SkullBouncer »

Hi Ken.

In now following up again, I was saddened to read that these developments are turning out moreso to be substantially trying ones; my continued prayers, fond thoughts and wishes are with you all -- and all along the way.

Now this is somewhat stunning; I've just glanced over at the open front door, and I notice a wafting light snow begin to fall. First of the season for the gorgeous Colorado front range in fact; I immediately feel a distinct embrace of inner cleansing that's bloomed during the while I've been contemplating in prayer and writing... it's something about these soft snowflakes beautifully gracing the still green lawns with a purity and solemnity that absolutely enchants spiritually, through grace and solace -- and now it's gently given through to breaks of blue in the slowly moving skyscape...

It's been said, within mysteries of beautiful coincidence, the Holy Spirit acts anonymously. Transcending mortal thought and common awareness.

Undeniable when experienced in context, and in further abiding my Prayers for you All -- beauty and grace can be found even swiriling in the grayest of skies -- sometimes we have to look hard, but often times it is unmistakeable.

May Love, Grace, Strength and Peace be Yours, and In Presence Accompany you All. :) :) :)

- Bruce ;)
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

SkullBouncer wrote: I immediately feel a distinct embrace of inner cleansing that's bloomed during the while I've been contemplating in prayer and writing... it's something about these soft snowflakes beautifully gracing the still green lawns with a purity and solemnity that absolutely enchants spiritually, through grace and solace -- and now it's gently given through to breaks of blue in the slowly moving skyscape...
Thanks Bruce, great visual. I can very much relate to your experience.

And thanks to all for the prayers and concern.

Ken
玉鋼
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

SkullBouncer wrote: May Love, Grace, Strength and Peace be Yours, and In Presence Accompany you All. :) :) :)
By the way, Bruce, Arlene wanted me to tell you your words brought tears to her. Very well conveyed, brother.

And to all of you, she reads and appreciates your support as well! It really means a lot.

Ken
玉鋼
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

Ken and Arlene, you deserve something beautiful and what Bruce wrote certainly is beautiful. I feel privileged to have read it.

Take care
Dan
:spyder:
Dan
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

So hard to convey but Bruce did justice to translate into words what everybody has posted in wishing your wife and bro in law the best .
SkullBouncer

Post by SkullBouncer »

kbuzbee wrote:By the way, Bruce, Arlene wanted me to tell you your words brought tears to her. Very well conveyed, brother.
Wow. What does one say to that?
I can't fully express how high an honor it is in reading of this, Arlene, Ken and Family; I am deeply humbled -- but I feel I can't take the credit.
Your collective plight has deeply moved me along the progression of this very dear and special thread, and spirituality is strongly central in my life.
To read and learn that you were moved as much as I am presently is healthily Strong as it is Beautiful. In sharing this back through me unto Him that inspired one special little victory through so simply relating my spiritual witness, I can tell you that I speak from a vantage point of the privilege I feel in personal relation and support of you in bravely facing your challenges, but the transcendence I relayed came not so much to me as through me.

This thread is remarkable in its strongly devout outpouring of support that joins you along your collective journey of fighting this malady victoriously; it is nothing short of remarkable the strong flowing of prayers and best wishes that comes so sincerely and freely through the members of our fabulous forum family here; unparalleled anywhere IMHO. ;) ;)

kbuzbee wrote:And to all of you, she reads and appreciates your support as well! It really means a lot.

Ken
Given the circumstances, I know I can say that we spyderites wouldn't have it any other way -- in fact it further steels this resolve of being right there for you all along the way.

I salute you all here for this, and may God Richly Bless you, everyone.

-- SB / Bruce! :) :) :D
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

SkullBouncer wrote:This thread is remarkable in its strongly devout outpouring of support that joins you along your collective journey of fighting this malady victoriously; it is nothing short of remarkable the strong flowing of prayers and best wishes that comes so sincerely and freely through the members of our fabulous forum family here; unparalleled anywhere IMHO. ;) ;)
Amen to this, brother! The folks here are indeed the very finest.

I will keep everyone apprised of any updates as they arrive.

Ken
玉鋼
SkullBouncer

Post by SkullBouncer »

OldSarSwmr wrote:Ken and Arlene, you deserve something beautiful and what Bruce wrote certainly is beautiful. I feel privileged to have read it.

Take care
Dan
Bladekeeper wrote:So hard to convey but Bruce did justice to translate into words what everybody has posted in wishing your wife and bro in law the best .

Again, an honor gentlemen -- and if I may --
I know most of us here recognize there are things bigger than ourselves, and IMHO we all have a calling to support kindred souls facing all too often frightening challenges of health threats and the yoke of uncertainty that can accompany these challenges; so undeservedly impacting decent, great folks we genuinely care about.

It all matters in the 'Omega Concern'!!! :) :) :)

And yet again my salute and thanks to you, and everyone else for likewise answering the strong inspirations to prayer and / or giving freely of yourselves through caring and support along the many pages of this special thread to a very deserving family near and dear to our own collective spyderfamily! :cool: :cool:

- SB / Bruce! ;)
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

So, the second pathology is in. No lymph node involvement! In one of the three areas the margin was only 1.5mm (they want 2mm so we'll have to see what her surgeon says about that). Overall very good news.

Ken
玉鋼
mcrow

Post by mcrow »

Ken,

I'm sort of new around here but I just wanted pass along my thoughts and prayers. I work in a pathology lab so I'm very familiar with cancer and how it works, it's a terrible thing. I also have a lot of family history of cancers, including my mother and grandmother. My mom fought off colon cancer.

I'm glad to here that both your Wife and Brother in law seem to be having positive news.
Current Spydies:
Delica 4
Endura 4
Centofante 3
Native 4
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

I have been off for a few days from here and just catching up on all of this. My thoughts are with you buddy.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

kbuzbee wrote:So, the second pathology is in. No lymph node involvement! In one of the three areas the margin was only 1.5mm (they want 2mm so we'll have to see what her surgeon says about that). Overall very good news.

Ken
Woohoo! Wars are own one battle at a time. Cheers to you both :) .
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Thank God! That is very good news to hear, Ken. :) I'm sure this comes as a big relief to your wife and you. I will continue to keep you both in my daily prayers.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Update - Met with the radiation oncologist. Simulation is scheduled for Nov 1 with treatment starting Nov 11. Should be over before Christmas, which would be a blessing of it's own.

Ken
玉鋼