Anybody else get this pfishing scam e-mail?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
The Mastiff

Anybody else get this pfishing scam e-mail?

Post by The Mastiff »

It has to be from someone that knows the community unfortunately.

The header was
" SAD NEWS ......Dwayne Dwyer"
Duane Dwyer (striderknives@aol.com)
Add to contacts
XXXXXXXXX
To: XXXXXXXXXXXX
Picture of Duane Dwyer
Sent: Tue XXXXXXX 3:50 PM
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Good morning,
I Hope you get this on time, I made a trip to Manila (Philippines) and had my bag stolen from me with my passport and personal effects therein. The embassy has just issued me a temporary passport but I have to pay for a ticket and settle my hotel bills with the Manager.

I have made contact with my bank but it would take me 3-5 working days to access funds in my account, the bad news is my flight will be leaving very soon but i am having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let me leave until i settle the bills, I need your help financially and I promise to make the refund once i get back home, you are my last resort and hope, Please let me know if i can count on you and i need you to keep checking your email because it's the only way i can reach you.

Thanks,
DUANE DWYER
CO-OWNER, STRIDER KNIVES, INC.
UNITED STATES MARINE

120 N. PACIFIC ST. #L7
SAN MARCOS CA. 92069
USA

WORLD WIDE WEB:
http://WWW.STRIDERKNIVES.COM
STRIDER KNIVES CORPORATE EMAIL:
STRIDERGUYS@STRIDERKNIVES.COM
DUANE DWYER'S PERSONAL EMAIL:
STRIDERKNIIVES@AOL.COM
PHONE: 760.471.8575
FAX: 503.218.7869
I deleted everything that has the XXX's though it probably wouldn't matter. Pfishing scams are fairly common on hotmail but they typically come as something from hotmail.

Just curious if anyone else here got it?

BTW, if anybody is on a name basis with Dwayne or Mick send them a copy or have them contact me if they want the original .
Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
KNaB

Post by KNaB »

HAHA! That's a good one.
Clip

Post by Clip »

All these scams are going to make it **** on the person who actually gets stuck in a foreign country. Kind of like being a Nigerian prince has lost it's sparkle.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Haven't seen that one, Joe. But recently I'm getting a couple a day from "Support" saying they've recovered lost messages. Seriously? There is no end to this nonsense.

Ken
玉鋼
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I often wonder if they are ever successful. one out of 10,000, or a million maybe? They would get better return working at minimum wage. :)

Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

BAL

Post by BAL »

double click
BAL

Post by BAL »

I got the same email and sent them about tree fitty.
Mine said something about the Loch Ness Monster though.
Sounded legit.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

"there's got to be a morning after".........

BAL

Post by BAL »

The Mastiff wrote:"there's got to be a morning after".........
.tnaem taht tahw wonk dluow ynam ton, ffitsaM ynnuf ytterp s'tahT
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

my old boss had his email hacked not that too long ago with the same thing. I replied saying some things about his maternal side of the family that i really can't mention here :)
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
enduraguy

Post by enduraguy »

Nope, but the Nigerian division of the FBI (really??) recently found a long lost relative of mine who died in a tragic plane crash (are any of them NOT tragic?) who is apparently worth several million dollars. I'm the only heir to this fortune. I just need to reply to the email with my bank account information and my social security number. It's quite tempting to say the least ;)
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

enduraguy wrote:Nope, but the Nigerian division of the FBI (really??) recently found a long lost relative of mine who died in a tragic plane crash (are any of them NOT tragic?) who is apparently worth several million dollars. I'm the only heir to this fortune. I just need to reply to the email with my bank account information and my social security number. It's quite tempting to say the least ;)
now ony if you knew all that info of someone you didn't like.
My knives
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/1 ... ude-moment
.tnaem taht tahw wonk dluow ynam ton, ffitsaM ynnuf ytterp s'tahT
"I need about tree fitty"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cn7xfBpZ3M

One of my favorite episodes. "The Succubus" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNebPn1p ... V&index=49

R.I.P. Chef

defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Yeah, that south park episode is great.
I said, "Dammit, monster, you quit bugging my children, now. We work for our money in this house - we don't just give money away!"
Haven't seen this email, but gmail filters most of those out rather effectively so I don't usually see them unless I'm looking through the spam folder for kicks.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
rosconey

Post by rosconey »

my buddies friend had some major brain trauma -
got a settlement and now has nothing because he believes in a scam like those mentioned- wife left because he wouldnt listen about the $$$ issue-
still thinks that his day is just around the corner.a few more payments and the rich's will flow
Sithus1966

Post by Sithus1966 »

I'm still waiting for my Dutch lottery winnings.....
C05, C05S, C10SRD, C10SBK(x2), C10FPBR, C10GRE, C10FPGR, C11, C11FPBK, C12SBK2, C14 C17 C21, C28BK, C28BK2, C28YL2, C36, C45, C54GPBN, C77, C80GPOR, C81, C81GS, C81GBK2, C85GP2, C86, C86P, C86PET, C90, C94, C95, C106, C109, C116, C122, C123CF, C123, C123GBL, C126(x2), C132GP, C135GP, C136, C137, C138, C140, C142, C146CFP, C148, C158TIP, C161GP, C162, C163PBK, C164GPBN, LBK, LBKII(x2), LYL3HB, LGRE3, MBK, FB20, FB23, FB24SBK, FB31SBK, FBPBK, MT12, MT13, MT16, Woodcraft.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Didn't get that email. Guess I'm not on whatever mailing list the scammers hacked into, which makes sense, since I've never owned one of his knives.

Of the ones I've received over the years, this "golden oldie" is still my favorite...

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Wow. Why would the co-owner of Strider email ME for money? Of all the people how did I get so lucky?
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

I feel like part of the group now. I just got this one today.

WESTERN UNION
moving money for better

Attention: Western Union Beneficiary,

THE RELEASE OF YOUR FIRST INSTALLMENT PAYMENT.

This is to apprise you that $1,500,000.00USD was paid out to us by the United Nations in conjunction with Microsoft, with an attached Authorization Code as: (32b1M/58UN6).They have succeeded in depositing "your" total funds of $1,500,000.00 with us here at Western Union, Malaysia.You will be paid out on a daily installmental basis of $7,600.00USD daily
Do E-mail Mrs. Franca Lee: ( wumt-payout@mail.mn) ) with your; Full name, Address, Sex (male or female), Age, Tel/Fax & Country Or call +(601)-0389-9332 for any inquiries on the above message.

Note also that, as part of our security protocol, we advise you keep this notification personal to avoid impersonation, as we have had similar cases as such in past times.

We look forward to serving you.

Yours truly,
Payout Officer,
Mrs. Franca Lee.
Telephone: +(601)-0389-9332
For: United Nations/Western Union, Malaysia

I am thinking of sending them an email with my states last govenor's info, he is in jail at the moment, what could it hurt :) .
My knives