Anyone have a Tibolt?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
ChaoticLuck

Anyone have a Tibolt?

Post by ChaoticLuck »

Lots of people seem to like them, but I'm on the fence. Do you use yours, worth the price?

There's a new campaign on JumpStartCity(<link), no doubt the guy makes a great looking knife, but a pen is well a pen.
Jes Schuetz

Post by Jes Schuetz »

I use it and my wife has one too. She is less careful with it then me though.
Its worth the price if you like titanium and the design (I got a "decorated" version)
Otherwise a $0.10 pen writes too.
I prefer the TiBolt to some waterman or montblanc. They look too girly. The titanium pen however looks like a trusty tool.
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Yeps I had two :) Bought then through Kickstarter

It's an all Ti pen, the only thing thats not Ti is the spring and cartridge. I love the bolt action although there was a huge difference between the decorated and the non decorated. The plain version had a smooth bolt and was very smooth from the beginning. The decorated was produced later in another machine shop it seems and the bolt itself was beadblasted which is less smooth and needs break in. I ended up swapping out the bolt and sold the plain.

Its also a heavy pen so if you want lightness it wont be your thing. The pen itself is also thicker then a standard parker. Due to the weight and thickness its harder to write with then a plastic ballpoint pen.

But the above don't bother me, I like a heavy pen. This pen will last a lifetime and looks and feels like its built to survive a nuclear war. It can serve as a kubaton.

The fit and finish are outstanding otherwise.

This was my plain version

In the mean time I also backed the Tuffwriter The Ultimate Ti Clicky Pen. I want to see which one I will like best, but I doubt i'll get ride of the wicked overbuild decorated TiBolt :) Clicking the bolt is some freaking additive :)
Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

i was contemplating a tibolt, but have a hinderer copper investigator inbound instead...haha