SOG Bladelight folder

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
jackknifeh

SOG Bladelight folder

Post by jackknifeh »

I read the thread about the SOG Snarl and searching for info on SOG's site I stumbled across this.
http://www.sogknives.com/everyday-carry ... older.html

This really looks like a good idea. A knife with a light shining on the cutting area. Probably not the first knife to do this but it's the first one I've seen (or remember). I have several times wanted to cut on a pencil line and had a hard time seeing exactly where the edge is cutting because any above head light throws a shadow of anything in the way, including the blade itself. Not to be negative but I've had bad luck with SOG's folding knives but I LOVE their multi-tools. In fact I'd like to see a pair of needle nose with a light shining on the work area. I was happy to see this wasn't an assisted opening knife and it has a liner lock. All of my bad luck with SOG products were with the assisted opening lock/spring. It didn't even state what the blade steel is which automatically makes me worry. I believe they used to use AUS-8 on most of their stuff. If the steel isn't mentioned I'm guessing it's something less than desirable but that's just a guess. Still, I like the idea.

Does Spyderco's GITD handles generate enough light to shine on the cutting area?
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

I don't think any GITD handle is that bright. In fact if it is, you probably don't want it anywhere near your hand/pants pocket.
Clip

Post by Clip »

Hah true!

Reminds me of my cordless drill with light pointing at the bit/chuck. I scoffed at it til I actually used it, then realized how handy it was.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris