The Cicadas are coming! The Cicadas are coming!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Evil D

The Cicadas are coming! The Cicadas are coming!

Post by Evil D »

Pretty interesting mini documentary.

[video=youtube;ICDdTBgqYt0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICDdTBgq ... =endscreen[/video]
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I was in Cincinnati during the 1987 and 2004 Cicada invasions. I always found it fascinating.
:bug-red-white
Buddha UK

Post by Buddha UK »

That was indeed pretty interesting, thanks D.
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Wow That was really interesting, thanks. But I have to say definitely something I enjoyed watched from the comfort of my screened insect free house.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

DRKBC wrote:Wow That was really interesting, thanks. But I have to say definitely something I enjoyed watched from the comfort of my screened insect free house.
LOL they're completely harmless though. I remember the last time they came around I lived out in the country, and like that video showed the ground covered with them, my front yard was like that. Lets just say walking from the car to the front door was "crunchy" and you left your shoes outsides.
~David
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Evil D wrote:LOL they're completely harmless though. I remember the last time they came around I lived out in the country, and like that video showed the ground covered with them, my front yard was like that. Lets just say walking from the car to the front door was "crunchy" and you left your shoes outsides.
LOL that's a lovely thought. Must be the month of the year that flip flop sales mysteriously grind to halt while camo pants and duct show a curious spike.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

I hear bear grylls stomach rumbling
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

razorsharp wrote:I hear bear grylls stomach rumbling
Yeah, at least Les Stroud has sense enough to try to cook them first lol.
~David
honey

Post by honey »

I'm also gearing up to move toward the end of the summer or the middle of autumn and there are a lot of things to be done on that front.

Become a successful web designer with exam dumps training course. Learn all the basics of web designing using 640-916 braindumps tutorials and ARM study guides. For more detail Rockefeller University best wishes
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I saw them emerge like that in the spring of 1979 in Virginia. I didn't see anything to indicate what they do except feed fish, turtles, opossums and a bunch of other things like birds. I have played with them off and on all my life. I have seen them in the summer of many years without the numbers in the video or what I saw in 79. What's with the ones that come out only a few at a time? Do they not have a calendar?

We would use sewing thread to tie to a let and let them fly around in circles. I know, cruel.