Carrying my Glock 26, changes so far

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
enduraguy

Carrying my Glock 26, changes so far

Post by enduraguy »

So far, all I have done include the following. I got myself a Remora holster which I LOVE. I'm able to wear it in anything I normally wear including my work scrubs. I prefer skin to holster carry so, I have had to make a couple small "mods" to the grip. The left side anyway. I flipped the mag release to the right side and have done the bicycle inner tube grip sleeve thing. Otherwise, the only other change I foresee making may be a tritium front sight. This is my carry gun and intended for real world, 0-10 feet self defense shooting and that's what I practice for when I do shoot it. "Point shooting" I guess it's called. Just thought I would share. Oh and ammo is finally getting easier to find. Local flee market guy has been selling it. $25 for 50 rounds. Not bad considering a local big box store is selling the same quantity for double that. I'm all for capitalism but come on.
BAL

Post by BAL »

Congrats on the G26, been carrying one myself for years. I have tritium night sights
as well. They definately show up in the dark. You can get an extended mag that holds
12 and gives the feel of a Glock 19. You can also use a G17 Mag (17 rounds with a sleeve
that fits over the mag and gives the feel of a Glock 17. And of course the 33 round mag
for those times when 10 isn't enough.
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

IL is getting CCW soon. I've been looking at the 26/27 glocks. Nice choice.
Yoko von der Rasierklinge

Post by Yoko von der Rasierklinge »

Nice, been debating my next handgun purchase on whether to go with the Glock 36 or the Springfield XD-S for .45 conceal carry.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Yoko von der Rasierklinge wrote:Nice, been debating my next handgun purchase on whether to go with the Glock 36 or the Springfield XD-S for .45 conceal carry.
I am partial, but I do recommend to anyone looking for a CCW in 45 ACP to try a Kahr. Seriously it carries as well as it shoots. I have not gone a day without my CW45 tucked IWB for the 2 years I have owned it. I tried to like the glock grip, but the 21SF was the only model that I could comfortably grip and securely shoot.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

.357 mag wrote:IL is getting CCW soon. I've been looking at the 26/27 glocks. Nice choice.
I have had a Glock 26 for several years now and love it. I also have a 17 and 19 and the 26 is just about as accurate as either of them. I love everything about the 26 but before that I also had a 27 and didn't like it at all. The 27 has a sharp recoil and it wasn't designed for the 40S&W round either. It's the same thing as the 26 with a 9mm magazine just with the feed ramp opened a little. It claims to hold 9 rounds I think but you just about have to stand on it to get that last one in there because you're putting 40 cal in a 9mm magazine. I highly recommend the 26. Just practice with it until you can hit something the size of a quarter at seven yards and the head of a silhoute at 25 yds. even if it means changing the rear sight. I had to change the rear sight on all three of my Glocks to get them dead on target. Accuracy is the main thing of all. Another thing 9mm ammo is considerably less expensive than 40S&W. My recommendation if you want something more powerful than 9mm in this same gun is to go with. 357 Sig. you will still have the same problem wrestling with the magazine however you will have less recoil and a better roundthan either 9mm or 40 and I have owned all three calibers in the 26 format
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Carried a 27 for years but switched to a S&W MP Compact.. Slimmer and more comfortable in hand.. My son is a Pittsburgh City cop and he got the 27 as they have to carry Glocks.. John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)