Remembering D-Day

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Water Bug

Remembering D-Day

Post by Water Bug »

I haven't seen this posted on the Forum, so...

Please remember D-Day, it's significance, and the men and women who made it happen, and, in many cases, paid with their lives for its success.

On June 6, 1944, tyranny saw the beginning of the end as the light of freedom was reignited. So, please take a moment to remember the acts of valor and sacrifice made by America and her allies on the beaches of Normandy on this day.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Very well said, Water Bug. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
EarthDog

Post by EarthDog »

Thanks for the thread, Water Bug.

I remember the Normandy D-Day every year. My dad was wounded while fighting in the hedge row country of Normandy. It was tough going.

God bless our nation.
EarthDog
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Thank you for this post. I want to send a big thank you to all of the US Military/Armed Forces veterans here on this forum, and to your families, and to all of those who have served to preserve our freedoms and our Constitution. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!