Have a fun and safe Memorial Day and a BIG thank you to all of our TROOPS!!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
tonydahose

Have a fun and safe Memorial Day and a BIG thank you to all of our TROOPS!!

Post by tonydahose »

Remember what this day is for first and foremost and then go enjoy your BBQ. Thanks to all who are serving now and have in the past. I saw this pic on facebook and I really liked it, so I thought I would share.

WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Thanks for the post, Tony. This Memorial Day means more to me since my dad passed last Oct. he was in the 442nd in WWII. Enjoy the weekend.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

Have a good day all paying respects to the Fallen and serving .
My grandfather was lost in WW2 building the bridge over the river Kwai .
Lest we forget .
Bk .
Ranger908

Post by Ranger908 »

THANKS TO ALL THAT SERVERD AND ARE SERVING NOW

Major U.S. War Casualties U.S. Deaths Date

Iraq War 4,800 2003 - 2011
Afghanistan 1,803 2001 - Present
Gulf War 258 1990 - 1991
Vietnam War 58,209 1955 - 1975
Korean War 36,516 1950 - 1953
World War II 405,399 1941 - 1945
World War I 116,516 1917 - 1918
Civil War 625,000 1861 - 1865
American Revolutionary War 25,000 1775 - 1783

All U.S. Conflict Casualites U.S Deaths
Grand Total 1,343,812
"I am right 98% of the time, the other 3% I don't worry about"
rosconey

Post by rosconey »

my thanks to those who serve or served
noseoil

Post by noseoil »

Let's remember all of our troops. This is our son in Afghanistan in 2010. His grandfather (my dad) died while he was deployed so we held the service until he came home. Dad was in WWII and worked in intelligence in Europe. Thanks to all the generations who have kept us safe and are still doing it.

Got Taliban? Our son and one of the locals in the A.R.V. He's now a drill sergeant in South Carolina and an E6 at 23 years of age.

Dad in the American Field Service before he joined the Army for WWII. He was assigned to a French unit in North Africa and drove an ambulance, so he saw Rommel stopped at El Alamein. He came home then joined the Army. Because he was fluent in French, he was pulled out of basic training after three weeks and placed in intelligence. He helped unlock the concentration camps at the end of the war.

Dad in his 80's, a couple of years prior to his death.
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Firstly, thank you. Many people look to those that wear a uniform that represents our country today and greet us with a thank you in a mannerism as unique as each individual that thanks us. Today however is not a day to remember or thank us- we are still here. Today is a day to honor those who came before us, and to give somber thanks to those who are no longer here. To those, I raise a glass to you, and give thanks.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Thanks for posting this, Tony. I wish to express a heart-felt "thank you" to all of our men and women serving in the armed forces today, as well as to those who never made it home. God bless each and every one of you!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

We are in their debt.
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

Tony, thanks for that picture.
It brings back so many memories from my days I served in the Honor Guard. We would be in Arlington National Cemetery performing a funeral or other ceremony and there they were, "old men", using walkers or a cane to get around. Their skin wrinkled and worn, their bodies slightly slouched as comes with aging. Then as we would pass them, their backs would straighten, turning to face us, rendering a salute as the Colors passed by, seeing that look in their eyes. You could see their respect for our flag, our nation and for their brothers that they came to visit.
I always felt privileged to be a witness to those moments.
Let us remember our brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers, sons and daughters that gave all for us, today and always.
:spyder:
Dan