Firearms Lovers speak, post, share your favorite pistols

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
BAL

Post by BAL »

Nice Kimber Gunslinger, Did you pick it up in Mizzou somewhere.
Can you find any 45 for it.
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

BAL wrote:Nice Kimber Gunslinger, Did you pick it up in Mizzou somewhere.
Can you find any 45 for it.
Yeah, I got it here in Missouri. I am fortunate to live real close to a gun store/range, Metro Shooting Supplies. They have a one box of ammo a day rule so they manage to have ammo readily available.
I have a membership there so I get 10% off the ammo.

I also have a Cabelas and a Bass Pro not to far from me. They are always sold out of pistol ammo.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rg02

Post by rg02 »

Just added this to my CCW arsenal:
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
doctorknife

Post by doctorknife »

A moderate degree of courage joined to great ability will produce greater effects than moderate ability with great courage.
- Carl von Clausewitz

:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

Spyderco Military Digital Camo CPM-S30V
Spyderco Endura Spyderedge VG-10
Spyderco Matriarch w/ Emerson opener VG-10
Spyderco Resilience 8Cr13MoV
Spyderco Delica Spyderedge ZDP-189
Spyderco Manix XL CPM-S30V
Spyderco Sage Blue Bolt Action CPM-S30V
Spyderco Pacific Salt Yellow Spyderedge H1
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

Glock 17,19,26
Greg Walker

Post by Greg Walker »

Browning Hi-Power, Old Schoo, 9mm. Carried and used since 1973.
GW
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

Can't beat the 9mm for low recoil, cost of ammo, accuracy and the list goes on and on
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

In another deliberate well calculated move by the current administration to disarm and destroy this country the EPA is closing Doe Run Company's Herculaneum lead smelter in Herculaneum, Missouri the last U.S. smelter of it's kind. It will be closing it's doors Dec. 31, 2013 because heightened EPA regulations.
Once this happens, the lead for traditional ammunition will have to be imported, thus driving up the price for bullets, shotgun shells etc.The Herculaneum Plant had been operating in the same location since 1892.And according to the NRA's Institute for Legislative action is the only smelter in the United States which can produce lead bullion from raw ore, so once it closes, the only lead smelters left in the nation will be the ones that recycle lead from existing items such as acid batteries and spent ammunition components.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

I don't swear, but I let out a major one when I read this... Ugh....

Ken
玉鋼
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

Global Warming because of environmental issues, caused by pollution! I.E. They don't want anything manufactured in this country anymore-3rd world nation status! Global warming is just a scam to increase taxes and ship more jobs overseas! :) And boy wouldn't that solve alot of problems if we couldn't manufacture our own ammunition! :eek:
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

It's just like the executive order to spend millions perhaps billions rebuilding bridges and other structures that may or may not need it for the super storm that may or may not come.
It's just like wanting to do away with all coal fired power plants to triple your power bill it's all part of the plan.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

RanCoWeAla wrote: It's just like wanting to do away with all coal fired power plants to triple your power bill it's all part of the plan.
Yeah, we pass three of those wind turbines on the way down to Cleveland Clinic every day. I just roll my eyes...

Ken
玉鋼
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

I plan on using my Glocks for environmental pollution whenever it gets too bad!!! :p
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

kbuzbee wrote:I don't swear, but I let out a major one when I read this... Ugh....

Ken
+1 on that. :mad:
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder:
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

kbuzbee wrote:I don't swear, but I let out a major one when I read this... Ugh....

Ken
You and me both, brother.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

RanCoWeAla wrote:In another deliberate well calculated move by the current administration to disarm and destroy this country the EPA is closing Doe Run Company's Herculaneum lead smelter in Herculaneum, Missouri the last U.S. smelter of it's kind. It will be closing it's doors Dec. 31, 2013 because heightened EPA regulations.
Once this happens, the lead for traditional ammunition will have to be imported, thus driving up the price for bullets, shotgun shells etc.The Herculaneum Plant had been operating in the same location since 1892.And according to the NRA's Institute for Legislative action is the only smelter in the United States which can produce lead bullion from raw ore, so once it closes, the only lead smelters left in the nation will be the ones that recycle lead from existing items such as acid batteries and spent ammunition components.
From what I've read around the web, it shouldn't have any real effect on ammo supplies (other than to maybe cause another cycle of panic buying). According to the International Lead Association, more than 80% of the lead used in the U.S. already comes from recycling (secondary production). The plant that was shut down was involved in primary production (i.e., from ore). Also, lead manufacturers have been moving their operations over the border to Mexico for years, in anticipation of this. Keep in mind, most of the lead used in the U.S. (and the rest of the world), is used for batteries, not bullets.
remnar

Post by remnar »

I don't know about my favorite, but this is my newest. I haven't had the chance to fire it yet. :(

Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

remnar wrote:I don't know about my favorite, but this is my newest. I haven't had the chance to fire it yet. :(

Very nice, I need to get a Sig 1911.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

You won't regret it! The price is up there but the accuracy is target grade! I have the full-size stainless w/rail but can't seem to find a holster that fits the Sig! Don't get the rail model unless you have a tactical thigh holster or you just plan on a home gun! ;)
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

RanCoWeAla wrote:In another deliberate well calculated move by the current administration to disarm and destroy this country the EPA is closing Doe Run Company's Herculaneum lead smelter in Herculaneum, Missouri the last U.S. smelter of it's kind. It will be closing it's doors Dec. 31, 2013 because heightened EPA regulations.
This has been visible for years. This is a lot less drastic than what I expect at some point in the near future: a complete and total ban on lead projectiles based on the dangers of lead in the environment. That actually wouldn't be a disaster, at least not a complete disaster - one of my favorite carry loads is CorBon DPX, which is solid copper - but it would push the cost of ammunition up significantly.

It would be hard to regulate reloads with home-cast bullets, however.