Firearms Lovers speak, post, share your favorite pistols

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
BAL

Post by BAL »

Commendatore wrote:When boar hunting I take a S&W 686 Plus with me, don`t want to have 20 rounds in the magazine and a stuck slide with a big pig around ;)
I have a SW 686 myself, but don't have a problem carrying a Glock when I am out
and about in the woods. I have spied a Mt Lion on my property and never worry about
the slide sticking if the cat or anything else decided to visit while I was fixing fence.

What if there are more critters than 6 can take care of.

But you're not alone in your opinion. I love the 686, I have it ready in the house in
case the wife (or I) needs to get to it quick. I trust our lives to it as well.
3f8

Post by 3f8 »

TC Contender 4x Leupold. Military Ti. Good friends.
[ATTACH]22033[/ATTACH]
Attachments
cmti2.jpg
3f8

Post by 3f8 »

and lovers
[ATTACH]22034[/ATTACH]
Attachments
swmmti.jpg
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

3f8 wrote: TC Contender 4x Leupold. Military Ti. Good friends.
That's not one you see everyday. What is it chambered in?
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
3f8

Post by 3f8 »

The contender barrel is interchangeable. This one is 22LR. You can go up. 4570 GOV if you wish.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

3f8 wrote:The contender barrel is interchangeable. This one is 22LR. You can go up. 4570 GOV if you wish.
I am familiar with the contender, just couldn't read the caliber written on your barrel. Thanks for sharing.
*Landon*
raven

Post by raven »

Take Very Good Care and Be safe Always ;) .

God Bless :)

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Raven,

That's a Jericho pistol right? How do they shoot? Is it a light single action trigger like a 1911?
*Landon*
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

xceptnl wrote:Raven,

That's a Jericho pistol right? How do they shoot? Is it a light single action trigger like a 1911?
I've shot a few of those baby eagles, the single action is like most single actions maybe 3.5-4 pounds trigger weight. The Jerichos are pretty nice when the trigger is well broken in though. Very smooth but still heavy unless you do a trigger job and change out the mainsprings.
Jolfe

Post by Jolfe »

Hi, all. This is my first post and a great chance to show you my favorite gun, bought yesterday, together with my favorite knife, bought 3 days ago. :)
Thank you!
Attachments
DSC05762 Very Small.jpg
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Business casual is an airweight S&W in a pocket holster. Night outings and more anticipated shady possibilities are a Sig 232 with nite sites carried AIWB with a reload. I tried carrying evrything from a Diddle Eye Joe to Damned if I know and these are what I ended up with. Glock 17,19, 26 all would work and Sig 239 is a good weapon as well. These were the weapons I owned when I had twins and got gun poor
BAL

Post by BAL »

Jolfe wrote:Hi, all. This is my first post and a great chance to show you my favorite gun, bought yesterday, together with my favorite knife, bought 3 days ago. :)
Thank you!

[ATTACH]22049[/ATTACH]
Welcome Jolfe. Nice combo there. I am a Glock fan myself, there are several of us here
that carry Glocks. That looks like a G17. Any trouble getting ammo in Indiana.
raven

Post by raven »

xceptnl wrote:Raven,

Hey... Sorry for the late response :o . Yes, that's a Jericho 941 double action pistol with a SS barrel and polygonal rifling. One of the best pistols I've ever owned. Heavy as a brick :p and crazy accurate ;) .

While on-duty I carried an HK USP 9mm for about 7 years and later switched it out for my Baby Eagle/UZI Eagle (when it was distributed by Mossberg) and later the Baby Eagle/Jericho (distributed by KBI) with the accessory rail and also used it while on a ERT. Amazing weapon and have full confidence in using it. I'd put it against any other brand out there without hesitation... but, that's just me :D . Take Very Good Care and Be Safe Always.

God Bless :)

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I've been into firearms for as long as I can remember. These are two of my current favorite pistols:

:bug-red-white
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

gbelleh wrote:I've been into firearms for as long as I can remember. These are two of my current favorite pistols:

Is that the squeeze cock HK? Never saw one in the flesh...
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Yes, that one is the P7M13. It's an incredible shooter. Extremely accurate, thanks to the fixed barrel. A very nice, crisp, single action trigger. Fast mag changes (on slide lock, after ejecting the mag and inserting a new one, squeezing the front strap drops the slide, chambers the round and cocks the striker). The only downside is it gets extremely hot around the trigger area after a few mags of fast shooting, due to the gas piston. Great guns, and some very impressive engineering under the grips. I also find it interesting that if you squeeze and hold the trigger, then squeeze the front strap, it will fire. So you can use the squeeze cocker as a sort of double action trigger.

A very interesting pistol, but for carry, I prefer smaller guns, usually a Kahr PM9 with a Seecamp .380 backup.
noseoil

Post by noseoil »

Nice to see another HK aficionado!
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Yes, I'm an HK fan.

Currently: P9S, MKE-94k, USP .45c, P7M13, P7 PSP
noseoil

Post by noseoil »

I have a few as well. They're all great to shoot.

SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

BAL wrote:Any trouble getting ammo in Indiana?
Yes! Getting ammo around here is pretty crazy. For instance, my wife and I frequently visit our local Gander Mountain and are amazed (and saddened) to see the ammo shelves nearly empty week after week. :( Sure, you can still purchase a lot of centerfire ammo pretty easily (e.g. 7mm, .30-06, .270), as well as shotgun rounds, but trying to find 9mm, .380, .45, .357--or even .22's, is nearly impossible. Most stores around here, including Wal-Mart, have a two box limit on most ammo. It doesn't take but a few hours for most of the pistol ammo to sell out entirely. :( Doesn't look like we'll be doing much shooting this summer, unfortunately. May have to start re-loading from scratch again just to have some ammo on hand. :rolleyes:
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal