So Who Here does This.......

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MadRookie

So Who Here does This.......

Post by MadRookie »

Rock & Surf Angling....

One of my passionate hobbies.....

:)
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I don't but it looks like LOTS of fun. Used to fish when I was younger but only in a lake, in or out of a boat.

Of course, the fish I caught were bigger. :rolleyes:
MadRookie

Post by MadRookie »

Yep. I am still trying to find pics of my bigger catches.......

:p
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I used to fish a lot in lakes for catfish but haven't in a few years now.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Kev83

Post by Kev83 »

Tried my hand at it a few times in OBX but came up blank. Looks like you know the drill tho!
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

No surf close to me here in North-Central Texas, but I do enjoy fishing and kayaking. Most of the fish I catch could be bait for the size fish you have in your pics though :D . In fact I haven't caught any fish worth using my Catcherman on recently, I've been letting them go.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

Hey what is the shark looks a bit like the smooth hound found in the uk but larger.
Also known as dogfish .
Love fishing but here in the uk freshwater is better unless you have a boat , and are on the south coast.
Recent times have seen fishermen off Cornwall catch a mako which is WAY off course for the species .
Conger eels get to about 10ft and 100lb and make for some good off shore sport.
But the USA and other countries seem to be better for sea anglers or sea fishing.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Nice catches, Rookie. That certainly brings back a lot of good memories. Unfortunately, no salt water here in the Midwest, so I'm pretty much limited to all the fresh water species. I grew up fishing for walleye, bass (small and large mouth), bluegill, crappie, catfish, and perch. My first rod/reel combo was a simple 606 Zebco. I literally wore the bearings out of that thing. At present, my wife and I live on a small lake and generally fish about every weekend in the summer. She somehow manages to always catch the bigger fish. :rolleyes: Go figure.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

I grew up on a lake so I did a lot of bass fishing growing up. When I went into the military, I was lucky to be stationed in some great fishing areas, Alaska, Great Lakes etc. I have been surf fishing most of my adult life, unfortunately I only go about once a year now, usually during my vacation. I surf fish a little different than a lot of folks, I like to walk the beach and look for schools of bait fish or sea bird activity. I bring two surf rods set up with different lures that the Blues or Stripers are hitting and start walking.
That's basically how I start every morning of my vacation. Just me and the ocean. ****, I need a vacation! :D
Great looking fish, MadRookie
:spyder:
Dan
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Some surf fishing when I go on vacation at the outer banks. Mostly spanish mackerel, bluefish or trigger. Nothing prize-worthy like your pics, but still very tasty. I have never had the pleasure of offshore fishing but Mahi, Wahoo and Yellow-fin are some of my favorite proteins.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

xceptnl wrote:Some surf fishing when I go on vacation at the outer banks. Mostly spanish mackerel, bluefish or trigger. Nothing prize-worthy like your pics, but still very tasty. I have never had the pleasure of offshore fishing but Mahi, Wahoo and Yellow-fin are some of my favorite proteins.
Yellow fin steaks are delicious how about one of your fish inspired cook threads mad ?.
Also swordfish is divine but pricey,on skewers with chilli and pineapple mmm.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

A little dive down the coast serves Pistachio encrusted grouper and wasabi citrus glazed ahi tuna. I have to go, the coast is calling and I need fresh seafood!
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
thog94

Post by thog94 »

It's real close to striper season up here. I'll hit the beach or canal. Other than that it's lake and pond fishing pretty much year around. In a couple weeks it's guys retreat up to Maine for a week of solid fishing and being out of touch with reality.
Stop feeding the trolls