Praises for DLC coating!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Kev83

Praises for DLC coating!

Post by Kev83 »

So my father in law and I decided, after having a few beers, that we were going to tackle the tear down of his 4' deep, 15' round pool last night instead of waiting til next weekend. We knew we were just going to scrap it so we weren't delicate with the procedure. I decided to have a little fun and took out my manix 2 with the DLC coated blade and slice right through the aluminum walls and carve em up a bit. Once it was drained I got inside and cut the liner all the way through including the floor down in sand and gravel and not one blemish/scratch was had on the coating! I've asked about the toughness of it before but last night decided to test it out personally. I've never been more impressed by a coating like I was with this stuff. All in all if you're worried about messing up your coating or blemishing it, don't worry, IT'S TOUGH ****! Now I'm not saying it'll last forever or even hold up as well under other circumstances but for my testing, which is about as extreme as ill take it, it went very well!