Favorite OPMT?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
d.2.the.p

Favorite OPMT?

Post by d.2.the.p »

Just received the TT-Chopper from TTPockeTTools and WOW. This thing is awesome. I missed the initial run and have been patiently awaiting the restock. I highly suggest picking one up.

What's your favorite one piece multi tool?
d.2.the.p

Post by d.2.the.p »

Maybe a pic will help spark something here? The bottle opener/hex driver is great. The pry has been clutch. The best part is the box cutter edge on the bottom tip of the pry tool. It's perfect for those times if you either don't have a knife (don't know when that will ever happen ;) ) or don't want to pull a knife out to open something.
[ATTACH]21779[/ATTACH]
Attachments
opmt.jpg
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

They look like pretty good tools.

I'm tempted to get one, but not sure which...
On the hunt for...
Chris_H

Post by Chris_H »

My favorite is an Atwood PryBaby XL in S30V from a run several years back. It has the thinnest pry edge of any pocket tool that I own; it's the best at getting into whatever I'm trying to open up. Lately, though, I've been carrying a Böker Plus Vox Access Tool to match the Ti slab-handled knives I;ve also been carrying.
"All your :spyder: are belong to us."
** WTC # 1032 1533 **
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

I've been looking around for a bottle opener to throw on the keychain, awhile ago I bought one of STR's Mini Ti Prybars but even with the lanyard it doesn't really carry easy, and the prybar method is not the most efficient. I'll be watching this thread for ideas. It's either that or start carrying a Swiss Army Sportsman again.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
d.2.the.p

Post by d.2.the.p »

kennethsime wrote:I've been looking around for a bottle opener to throw on the keychain, awhile ago I bought one of STR's Mini Ti Prybars but even with the lanyard it doesn't really carry easy, and the prybar method is not the most efficient. I'll be watching this thread for ideas. It's either that or start carrying a Swiss Army Sportsman again.
A Gerber Shard lived on my key chain for a couple years before I picked up a Chopper. It's a great addition to a key chain for dirt cheap. It's got a really good bottle opener and even a pretty effective phillip's head screwdriver.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

My tool of choice is an Atwood titanium Pest. It is so lightweight that I don't know it is there - and it's round shape makes it a bit less threatening when I whoop it out in public.

TedP

foldingknifehq

Post by foldingknifehq »

Sorry to bump an old thread - the Atwood tools seems to get a whole lot of love everywhere I look.

I'm probably asking a dumb question here, but I don't understand the appeal, nor what people would use them for!

Please enlighten me of you are an Atwood fan!!

I'll be buying one whenever I can be quick enough, but just to try and see what the fuss is all about!
Check out our HUGE in-depth folding knife reviews here. If you want us to do a particular head-to-head battle please send me a private message!
shu

Post by shu »

It is a bottle opener.

I have several from different makers - and the Atwood is a very nice example - but it is pretty much a bottle opener. You could use it to pull a staple or light nail, or maybe turn a screw, or even open a box... it would probably work great if you do a lot of those scratch-n-win things. But in all the years I have carried one (or something similar) I have never actually needed it for anything but opening bottles.

It has opened a lot of bottles though.
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

I'm looking for a good quality keychain ink pen. Already have a Smith's knife sharpener, Maglite Solitaire and Spyderco Jester on there