Kidney stones aren't fun

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Eeek. Sorry to hear Tony :( Glad you are doing better.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Tony,

Well, at least your co-workers were empathetic to your condition. Er, wait a minute, I guess not so much. ;) Sorry to hear about that, man. I've never had kidney stones myself, but I've heard they hurt something fierce. Glad to hear you're on the mend. By the way, (and I don't mean to be insensitive), what exactly is a "fat tarp"?
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

lol...a fat tarp, not the real name, just the one we use amongst ourselves is a way to move someone out of their house who hasn't left in years/decades and has lost the ability to move by themselves. We are talking 600+ pounds. When firemen try picking someone up like that they couldn't, not too many places to get a good grip. We started using tarps from the firetruck that is normally used for salvaging peoples furniture etc from water damage in a fire. These new tarps basically have a bunch of handles on the side, roll the person in and then a bunch of people can pick that individual up. Hospitals had to but new special battery operated beds to fit these XXL people and move them around.

I forgot the real name of it to show you the real thing but i did find this.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/health/f ... e-patients
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Wow! That's pretty nuts. :eek: Thanks for the explanation on that, Tony. I guess that makes sense, though. I mean, how else would you try to move a 500 + lb. person? Wow. I guess that gives new meaning to the term, "fireman carry." ;)

On a side note (and not to totally hijack your thread here), I thought you might get a kick out of this story. On my way home this evening, my wife and I saw not one but two fires that required our local fire department to be dispatched. The first fire occured while we were eating supper at a local restaurant. From what we could see from the restaurant window, a nearby home-owner apparently had a bon fire that became too big for him to handle. (The bozo had lit his fire about 15 yards from the side of the highway). Quite a few fire emergency vehicles responded (and well as a local officer) and the bon fire was quickly extinguished. The other fire occured on our way home. We could see the flames well above the trees even before we turned down our country road. Seems that our dimwitted neighbors thought it necessary to light their entire 10 acre grassy lot on fire just as night was beginning to fall. :rolleyes: The smoke was so thick we could barely see the road ahead of us. My wife said, "Wow. I'll bet the fire dept. will be on their way shortly." Surely enough, about 10 minutes later, we see the same exact fire crew barreling down our road towards the fire. I suppose we'll read about it tomorrow in the paper.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

Tony,It`s good to know your doing better,and I know your glad it is over,and I hope you never have to go through that anymore.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

tonydahose wrote:So i was woken up by a pretty sharp pain to my back left side around 0430 this morning. I tried everything from trying to hit the head to meds to curling up on the couch, nothing helped. I then proceeded to drive to work around 0600. Just when i didnt think it could not get much worse the side bolsters of the chair in my car decided to tell me different. I never experienced pain like this before and I was starting to freak out a bit. I don't like going to hospitals, who does really but when i finally made it to work I hopped on the ambo in the house and told them to drive. Then the pain moved to the front from the backside. It hurt even more doing that, meanwhile i have the guys on the ambo who are from the house jagging me off to no end.
Do we need the fat-tarp? nah he can walk!
How many months pregnant are you?
Those aren't kidney stones, they are bacon bits.

well you get the idea. About 10 minutes in the waiting room and boom pain is gone, just as quick as it came on. Freaky stuff. 4 hours of waiting at the hospital and they finally let me go back to work. The only good thing that came out of this was a very attractive asian Dr had to give me a thorough examantion ;) . So that was my Easter, I hope you guys had a better one :) .
So is the pain gone for good? Did you pass the stone? Never had one myself so all I can identify with is the funny stories people tell about their friends who have had them. :) Why don't you get your friends to write their version of your experience. Might make us laugh. :D Not to make light of your pain, I know they hurt. It's like hitting a "funny bone". Where did that name come from? :confused: Surely it came from someone who witnessed the bone getting hit on someone else. That's the only time it's funny. :)
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

Knock on wood, the pain has not come back.
jackknifeh wrote: Why don't you get your friends to write their version of your experience.
There is a better chance that we would all get together and have some wine and talk about our feelings..lol
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

tonydahose wrote:There is a better chance that we would all get together and have some wine and talk about our feelings..lol
Queue music! "Feelings! Nothing more than fee-eelings" ;)

Ken
玉鋼
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Although, now that you mention it, a glass of wine sounds like a great idea......

Ken
玉鋼