Multi=Tools

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
kbrouwer

Multi=Tools

Post by kbrouwer »

Does anyone carry a multi-tool? I tried carrying a Leatheman Surge for about three months and I had to stop. I couldn't take the weight and size banging around in my pocket I'm looking to pick up another one (mostly likely the Leatherman Juice S2 which is MUCH more managable.) What tool do you carry?
:spyder: :spyder: Kirk Brouwer :spyder: :spyder:
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I carry a Leatherman Micra as my every day multi-tool of choice. It's lightweight, compact, and has all the essential tools that I need. I also carry one in my coat and have another one in my truck. My wife also carries one in her purse. (On a side note, this thread may be better served under the "Off Topic" section of the Forum :) ).
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
DigitalUrbanCamo

Post by DigitalUrbanCamo »

It depends on what I am doing that day but the simple answer to your question is yes, every day. If I am going to work (I have to dress nice) I carry a Juice S2 in a leatherman leather pouch on my belt. If I don't want it on my belt while at work then I carry a micra. Around the yard it's a leatherman wave. At the gun range it's a leatherman MUT and so on and so forth. All in all my most carried MTs are the Juice s2 wile I am at work and my leatherman fuse wile just going about my daily life.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Leatherman Style PS every day. Checkit out :)
FroOchie

Post by FroOchie »

I carry a Leatherman Charge TTi in change pocket. It's not too heavy but it's probably borderline. I have a bunch of others but they're all carried in my bags except for the Charge. The Skeletool is definitely light though, if you want something a bit bigger in the hand without the weight.
...I have no knives I keep in a safe but there are one or two that don't leave the house...
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

I have owned a wave which I never carried but was great to have in my glove box, also a skeletool which was great until someone boosted it. Now I carry a juice cs4 which is a better size so I carry it everyday. I have more knives now than when I bought my skeletool so now I think I would not likely replace it. I will buy a tti when I start to work outside more in the spring as the tools on the juice are great but not quite heavy enough for some of the things I do.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Never carried one. Did keep a Stanley Wonder Bar II in my attache case when I was working because we were six floors up in 80 year old building with elevators to match that was owned by a cheapskate and that 3 floors below us was an organization that had been the the victim of bombings by domestic terrorists in other cities.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Leatherman Squirt PS4 for EDC. If I expect to have to use a multi-tool, I might take a Juice S2 instead.
:bug-red-white
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I usually carry a leatherman super tool on my belt saves precious pocket space for spydies
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

I carry on me or in my bag a leatherman skelitool. Great tool but doesn't have all the tools.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

There have been a lot of threads covering multi tools. I've been down this road a few times and still haven't really found the perfect one for me. I currently use a SOG Powerlock, which is an excellent tool, but i would like something lighter for EDC use so I don't carry it very often. Weight aside, it's pretty much bomb proof and the tools are replaceable by the user, which is something you can't do with a Leatherman. SOG will even ship you replacement tools, and you only need a simple socket set to do the repair.

As for Leatherman, I don't think they make a bad tool, they're all fantastic. My problem is that I can't seem to find all the tools I want in one multi tool. I have to have both kinds of screwdrivers (and i really dislike the bits), scissors, a file, and a wood saw. That doesn't sound like a lot to ask for, but you'd be surprised. I'm not a big fan of Leatherman's scissors though, they're tiny and weak IMO. If you compare them to the SOG scissors you'd see what i mean. The last Leatherman I had was a Wave, I don't recall the model but it had the S30V blade and was really nice but I sold it. If that tool had standard screwdrivers instead of the micro bits, I probably would still own it. The Leatherman Supertool is a beast of a tool and has everything I could ask for (except a premium knife steel and scissors), but it's huge and weighs a ton.

Here's a good thread on multi tools http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... leatherman
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Grerber franken-tool in my EDC bag and Leatherman Mini-tool or Charge AL on my person. I will go without the pocket carry only on Sundays.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
APS

Post by APS »

I have a full size multitool in the vehicles and of course tools at home so I carry a Squirt PS4 on the keychain when I leave the house.
Adam
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Evil D wrote:...My problem is that I can't seem to find all the tools I want in one multi tool. I have to have both kinds of screwdrivers (and i really dislike the bits), scissors, a file, and a wood saw. That doesn't sound like a lot to ask for, but you'd be surprised.
David, have you ever tried the Victorinox Swiss Tool Spirit X? I don't own one, but have used a friend's a time or two and the driver sets are nice and the scissors are beefier than those found on the Leatherman tools. See HERE
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

I rarely carry it on me, but keep a Victorinox Swisstool Spirit close by.
Newest :spyder: in hand: Halloween Handle Hap40 Endura and Delica.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

When I was working I carried a leatherman Super, then moved to a Wave. Now they are deployed around where I tend be.

Ken
玉鋼
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

I have an original Gerber Multi-Plier that I have carried in my back pack for years. Comes in handy on the range.
:spyder:
Dan
PanChango

Post by PanChango »

I'm a fan of Leatherman. I have a crunch in my car, a micra in my tackle box, and carry a wave on my belt regularly.

About a decade ago, I picked up a Leatherman Wave. Last summer, the liner lock on one of the files broke. They no longer make the version of the Wave I had and sent me a brand new one.
arjay18

Post by arjay18 »

Just recently picked up a Skeletool CX and have been carrying it for a month now. Useful little thing but a bit cumbersome sometimes. :)
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

I love my Leatherman JuiceS2 and I have a SquirtP4 encase I want something lighter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]