Posting a "quoted" post is now different.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
User avatar
jackknifeh
Member
Posts: 8412
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:01 am
Location: Florida panhandle

Posting a "quoted" post is now different.

Postby jackknifeh » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:24 am

Is this something new in how the forum software acts?
I just replied to a post that was quoting someone else. In the past all that would show up in my post was the post of the person that wrote the reply that I quoted. This time what was in my post was what I wrote along with the post I had replied to AND the post that was quoted in the post that I replied to. Did that make any sense? My post had 3 posts in it, not the familiar two.

This is nice because it is easier for someone reading a post to understand what is being talked about. With only the one person't post along with yours can be confusing. You only have part of a conversation.

EDIT:
Disregard I think. I'll probably delete this thread in a few minutes.

Wait, I can't delete threads any more. :( :)

BAL
Member
Posts: 3463
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:58 am
Location: Middle Earth

Postby BAL » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:58 am

I agree with everything that you said Jack.
Wait, what did he say. edit.

If you hit "Reply" you only reply without the original text, but if you
hit "Reply with Quote", then you get the entire original post. You can
then edit to remove part of that post if you wish.

If that makes any sense.

(We must have the same thing going on this morning Jack. When I type it
makes sense, but when I read it back, I don;t know what I am saying. )
If that makes sense. Huh. delete.

Hello, is anyone out there.

User avatar
jackknifeh
Member
Posts: 8412
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:01 am
Location: Florida panhandle

Postby jackknifeh » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:52 am

BAL wrote:I agree with everything that you said Jack.
Wait, what did he say. edit.

If you hit "Reply" you only reply without the original text, but if you
hit "Reply with Quote", then you get the entire original post. You can
then edit to remove part of that post if you wish.

If that makes any sense.

(We must have the same thing going on this morning Jack. When I type it
makes sense, but when I read it back, I don;t know what I am saying. )
If that makes sense. Huh. delete.

Hello, is anyone out there.
test 1

User avatar
jackknifeh
Member
Posts: 8412
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:01 am
Location: Florida panhandle

Postby jackknifeh » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:52 am

jackknifeh wrote:test 1


test 2

User avatar
jackknifeh
Member
Posts: 8412
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:01 am
Location: Florida panhandle

Postby jackknifeh » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:53 am

jackknifeh wrote:test 2

test 3

User avatar
jackknifeh
Member
Posts: 8412
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:01 am
Location: Florida panhandle

Postby jackknifeh » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:56 am

It's working like it is supposed to. Or always has anyway.

The thing that got me confused was a post you made Bal in another thread. I thing the post started with [quote. (no second square bracket) That confused the software I think and completely blowed up my mind. :)

Mystery solved (I think???:confused :)

User avatar
Donut
Member
Posts: 9491
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:47 pm
Location: Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Postby Donut » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:14 am

jackknifeh wrote:test 1
jackknifeh wrote:test 2
jackknifeh wrote:test 3
test 4 :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!

User avatar
kbuzbee
Member
Posts: 4764
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:37 am
Location: Mentor, OH

Postby kbuzbee » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:37 am

Simply amazing ;)

Ken
玉鋼

User avatar
jackknifeh
Member
Posts: 8412
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:01 am
Location: Florida panhandle

Postby jackknifeh » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:03 am

Donut wrote:test 4 :)
You sure got that counting thing down Donut. :) 3 years in 4th grade math must have paid off. :D

BAL
Member
Posts: 3463
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:58 am
Location: Middle Earth

Postby BAL » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:01 pm

What I find amazing is that some people have commented that
some threads make no sense. Go figure.

BAL
Member
Posts: 3463
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:58 am
Location: Middle Earth

Postby BAL » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:02 pm

BAL wrote:What I find amazing is that some people have commented that
some threads make no sense. Go figure.
Test

User avatar
jackknifeh
Member
Posts: 8412
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:01 am
Location: Florida panhandle

Postby jackknifeh » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:17 pm

If you want to see why I started this thread look at the thread below, starting at post #24 then 26 and a few others. Try to figure out the quotes, who quoted what and stuff like that. Notice the first line in Bal's post #24. I think that screwed up the forum software's programming. :D See what you think.


http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... arry/page2

BAL
Member
Posts: 3463
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:58 am
Location: Middle Earth

Postby BAL » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:20 pm

jackknifeh wrote:If you want to see why I started this thread look at the thread below, starting at post #24 then 26 and a few others. Try to figure out the quotes, who quoted what and stuff like that. Notice the first line in Bal's post #24. I think that screwed up the forum software's programming. :D See what you think.


http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... arry/page2
I already saw that Jack, crazy. You and I would be the only ones to notice though.

jzmtl
Member
Posts: 1417
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:02 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Postby jzmtl » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:14 pm

That can happen on any forum when the user manually editing the quoted text and accidentally break a tag, not really the forum software's fault.


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bearfacedkiller, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 8 guests