Pleasantly surprised with restaurant cutlery

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Mr Blonde

Pleasantly surprised with restaurant cutlery

Post by Mr Blonde »

I've always looked at the two-step serrations in Spyderco blades as, well, uniquely Spyderco. I was surprised to find this two step serration pattern in the knives a small nice French restaurant in the Provence, I visited this summer. Usually, restaurants provide their guest thin metal 'spatulas' that can be used to mash and divide the food ;) . This knife worked just fine BTW.

[ATTACH]21037[/ATTACH]
Attachments
french_tabletopcutrlery_doublestepserration.jpg
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
angusW

Post by angusW »

That is rare to see something like that even with the more expensive restaurants. I bet it just flew through whatever you were cutting. I was in Quebec City last summer and while at a local eatery I was surprised to see them using Laguiole cutlery (knife, fork and spoon) with the bee on it though the knives didn't have any serrations on it at all.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
ahardb0dy

Post by ahardb0dy »

We recently made a trip up to NC and some friends of my wife took us to a place called "Rucker Johns" for dinner, The knives they had on the table were serrated and just touching the tips of the serrations I could tell they were very sharp, felt that way to my finger anyway !! No pics and no idea what brand they were but they def had some good points on them !