IS anyone here familiar with Frost knives?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
tonydahose

IS anyone here familiar with Frost knives?

Post by tonydahose »

I am a mod over on BST. I have a lady whose brother passed away that has alot of frost knives that she is trying to sell. Does anyone collect these? Are they worth much? She says her brother would buy boxes of these knives to resell. I told her to make a list of the models since she hasn''t yet. Thanks guys.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

Frost knives are low quality, import, somewhat bread and butter of SMKW. I doubt they would sell well on a knife forum. Fleamarket booth would be the best place to unload them.

Frosts MORA of Sweden however are excellent users, but still not much as a collectable.
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

I don't know SMKN, but Frosts Mora (I know it's just "Mora") are excellent quality, low priced knives that generally cost less than $20. She probably won't get a whole lot from each one, but maybe she could sell a lot of them to a bushcraft club or similar group.
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

Sorry, Smoky Mountain Knife Works. Large knife store in the Smokies.
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Frost makes some junk. I know the brand. I've owned a few Large fixed blades that look cool and are made out of poor quality steel.
My favorite Spyderco is the one I'm carrying now :p
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

thanks guys, i told her to try craigslist since they probably wouldnt sell on bst.
My knives
enduraguy

Post by enduraguy »

tonydahose wrote:I am a mod over on BST. I have a lady whose brother passed away that has alot of frost knives that she is trying to sell. Does anyone collect these? Are they worth much? She says her brother would buy boxes of these knives to resell. I told her to make a list of the models since she hasn''t yet. Thanks guys.
Because they are cheap. They're typically sold at gunshows and flea markets/swap meets. I doubt you'll get a "list of models". ;)
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Flea markets, Gun & knife shows, and country gas stations are the biggest market for these. When I was working the gun shows I had a box of them and I gave them away free to people who bought a real knife. If I was sure they were safe I'd give them to people who brought their children to give to their kids when they thought appropriate. These were knives that worked out to less than a dollar each invoice price. Dealers sell them for $3 to $5. More if they are particularly greedy.

I used to bring my son to gunshows every time I went ( not working then) with my son from the age of about 5 on up. He liked going. The dealers always gave him stuff so when I became a dealer I did the same. When my son was 17 or so he would stop by the near by shows and spell me at the table for lunch. We still go when we can even though he's 25 now. :)

Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

If she has an ebay account,she could sell them that way.
Slash

Post by Slash »

They're the knives for that knife show channel that's always on in the wee mornings. They're worth no more than $5 each.
Chipped Karambit

Post by Chipped Karambit »

I used to sell them in Highschool. For 20 dollars Id get 50 of them and sell. For the price of 40cents per they were not bad. But they are not good at all. I would recommend saving up for a byrd series if you want to pay low price but they(frost cutlery, frost family, frost, etc) are mainly for show

Take them to a flea market or sell them online for 5-20$
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

Yeah, they're not worth buying.
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder:
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

i told her that the knives weren't worth anything awhile back and i haven't heard from her since.
My knives
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

tonydahose wrote:i told her that the knives weren't worth anything awhile back and i haven't heard from her since.
Uh Oh,It might have made her mad.