Thinking of getting a Cold Steel Rajah II? Your thoughts?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Arnis Student

Thinking of getting a Cold Steel Rajah II? Your thoughts?

Post by Arnis Student »

So I recently bought my dream edc, the Para Military 2 and was able to handle the Rajah II. The heft appeals to me but it's something that will stay home strictly for SD or farm duties. I would like to ask you what your thoughts are regarding the knife.

Thanks guys!
:spyder: Tenacious, Resilience, Manix 2, Para Military 2 :spyder:

Dreaming of a Military, Massad Ayoob, Lion Spy, Yojimbo 2, Szabo Folder :rolleyes:
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

If the specs are right on the Cold Steel site it's 13 ounces and packs a thick 6" blade at around $100 retail. Honestly for a knife that will be on the farm or at home I would pass. That or throw in another $30-45 and get a Spyderco Schempp Rock since it's half the weight.

In the budget world perhaps something from Condor Knife & Tool. You can get a Jungle Bowie for like $30 from them.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

If you like it and can afford it (and it's legal) then go for it! Personally, for something that size I really prefer a fixed blade, but the world would be a boring place if everyone wanted the exact same thing! Some of my folders (like the Manix2 XL) are far larger than some other folks would carry.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
GCG199

Post by GCG199 »

Get a full-size fixed blade Kukri/machete if your only going to keep it at home.

If you want it portable, get the Rajah.
My favorite Spyderco knives include: Caly 3.5, Chaparral, Delica 4 FFG, Stretch, Para-Military 2, Endura 4 FFG, Manix 2 & Manix 2 XL!

TANSTAAFL
c.joe

Post by c.joe »

I carry a Rajah II in my backpack as an alternative to a concealed fixed blade (which is illegal here). Solid lock up and pretty sharp out of the box. It can most certainly take a nice beating!

You should be able to find one for about $75 ish.

For home defense? I don't recommend it. You're better off with a gun or a kukru/machete like GCG199 recommended.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I carry my rajah 2 when I don't carry a handgun. If it's a stay at home, get a large fixed blade to backup your gun.

Don't you have a traditional(Filipino) weapon for home defense use?
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

+1 on Chucks suggestion of a traditional Filipino weapon.......rajah2.....lol.....Doc :)
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*