Where do you keep your knives?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
thog94

Post by thog94 »

This is starting to become my favorite thread. With the great pics of the nice storage cases and large collections, I'm waiting for my wife to complain about my "collection" so I can show her this thread. That would give her nothing to complain about at all.

I always keep 2 knives in my car, a plain and serrated edge usually my dragonfly and rescue. My EDC and alt EDC are always on my table next to the lazy boy. I have a couple on top of the microwave or inside the microwave cart if my wife gets sick of seeing them. My salt stays at work. The only one that I have boxed is my Cento 4, for some reason I'm not partial to it, just doesn't feel right in my hand so back in the box it went.
Arnis Student

Post by Arnis Student »

Thanks guys! Great input from everyone. Those **** beautiful cases! I agree with Evil D, we can't child-proof everything but we can teach them what can harm them and what can't. I have a very small collection as of now but I'm planning on crafting a case for when my collection gets bigger. As of now, I keep them in their boxes, on a bookshelf :)
:spyder: Tenacious, Resilience, Manix 2, Para Military 2 :spyder:

Dreaming of a Military, Massad Ayoob, Lion Spy, Yojimbo 2, Szabo Folder :rolleyes:
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Evil D wrote:One of these thing is not the same, one of these things does not belong. Can you tell me with one it is, before i finish this sooooong? :D

Hehehe.

I used to think the same thing. Back when i did collect toys, i had book shelves full of vintage stuff displayed all over my apartment. When we found out we were having a baby the first time, all my friends gave me the speech about how i'd have to hide them all or my son would get in them, and i got the same talk about hiding my knives. I've NEVER had to hide either, i just taught my kids what was off limits and they've stuck to it. My son never did touch my toys, but he would stand at the book shelf and stare them down like a hawk. Now i have a 3 year old daughter and even she knows not to touch the knives, but she comes over to my desk all the time and watches me sharpen. You can't child proof everything. If you parent that way, your kids will eventually get into something that you haven't child proofed and won't know any better. It's much wiser to just educate them and set boundaries. My son is 9 and he's cut himself using my Paramilitary, so he knows all to well that knives are not toys and they're to be respected. My daughter won't even pick one up and hand it to me.
My granddaughter is five going on 20, and she's precocious. I don't child proof my guns or my knives but I have gun and knife proofed my granddaughter. She never touches my "non-toy" stuff. :D
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

where do I leave them? where ever I put them down XD, bad habit
bh49

Post by bh49 »

mos of them
and the rest in my pockets, counter top and my desk
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Arnis Student

Post by Arnis Student »

That's just amazing :)
:spyder: Tenacious, Resilience, Manix 2, Para Military 2 :spyder:

Dreaming of a Military, Massad Ayoob, Lion Spy, Yojimbo 2, Szabo Folder :rolleyes: