Say one nice thing about Nutnfancy - Serious.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

I was so disgusted, I actually unsubscribed from his channel. (Ironically, I know for a fact I'm not the only one.)
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder:
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I have always said that there was something a bit off with him...
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:I have always said that there was something a bit off with him...
More than just a bit. He has his detractors. But even some of them were surprised by this stunt.
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Monocrom wrote:More than just a bit. He has his detractors. But even some of them were surprised by this stunt.
I can say I have always been a supporter of what his channel was about, but this is a far cry from where his channel started. I found the project looking for in depth reviews on Microtech, Benchmade and Spyderco knives. Since then I have ridden the wave of other reviews (some good and some bad), but this goes far beyond his sub $40 knife fetish.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Ragman24

Post by Ragman24 »

Well he can probably expect to be blown off at the Hinderer and Kershaw table at the next shot show.
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

Ragman24 wrote:Well he can probably expect to be blown off at the Hinderer and Kershaw table at the next shot show.
I suspect you are correct in that. My guess is he is on a downward slide in being considered a legit reviewer of equipment and gear.
BAL

Post by BAL »

I broke down this morning and listened to part of the Hinderer knife video that was
posted and actually thought of something positive to add.

There are many people around on the internet, TV and radio that are long winded,
arrogant, full of themselves and that have an irritating voice that gnaws at your brain.

None of them will ever be number one on my most annoying person list.
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

Okay, seems the vid. has been pulled.

At first I thought maybe he came to his senses, realized the B.S. he pulled with that vid., perhaps noticed one too many users unsubscribing from his channel, or noticed the negative comments left behind. (****, maybe his sister who monitors his channel got fed up with all the extra work of deleting so many negative comments from yesterday.) Then I realized something . . .

Actively promoting counterfeit goods could be a violation of youtube's terms of service. More than a few folks likely flagged it. And it could have been youtube that put pressure on him to pull the vid.

jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I've only watched a couple of Nutnfancy's videos and enjoyed them. The "bad" things I've read about his videos seem accurate if the complaint is something that bothers a particular person but nothing "bad" enough to complain about. So, from my limited experience of nutnfancy's videos I have only nice memories.

Jack
Raylas

Post by Raylas »

Okay, while I'm not crazy about Ole' Nutn, I can spare a kind word for him. I feel like he would be a genuinely nice person to meet and talk to at length. He may have an ego, but he seems like he's a nice enough sort. Say what you will about his reviews, and I HAVE, but I feel that genuine niceness makes up for a LOT of faults in people. It can be hard to listen to him, but I don't think that means it's hard to find good in him :)

That's all I got for positives,
greenewk

Post by greenewk »

Raylas wrote:Okay, while I'm not crazy about Ole' Nutn, I can spare a kind word for him. I feel like he would be a genuinely nice person to meet and talk to at length. He may have an ego, but he seems like he's a nice enough sort. Say what you will about his reviews, and I HAVE, but I feel that genuine niceness makes up for a LOT of faults in people. It can be hard to listen to him, but I don't think that means it's hard to find good in him :)

That's all I got for positives,

I certainly agree with that -- it's apparent that he has a huge heart. Watch his adventure/backpacking videos where he brings his dog, son(s) and often friends. He really does seem like a genuine guy with a pretty good moral system where it counts. He can be a goof, a bit abrasive and seem a bit self-absorbed, but I think all-in-all he's a pretty positive person.
Chipped Karambit

Post by Chipped Karambit »

he never killed batman