Say one nice thing about Nutnfancy - Serious.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
markg

Post by markg »

I watch most internet knife reviews to see the knife in the hand. I got nothing against NF at all, and more power to the guy. I do watch some of this stuff from time to time but it is a bit long to watch the whole thing.

Now if we could just get Jenna Marbles to do knife reviews... :)
tikkidaddy
Location: marietta sc...but im not sure if its on earth though!!

Post by tikkidaddy »

he has ALOT of money that he spends on skrewwin' up perfectly good knives. And hes good at skrewwups too. There... thats positive.
"I hate the thought of killing anything, its the last thing I would advise, but as a matter of survival, all creatures are fair game."-- Les Stroud.

I wonder if spyders feel that way too??--mark.
cubsfan1969

Post by cubsfan1969 »

Nutnfancy or hickok45- who would you rather watch?
Melektau

Post by Melektau »

Say whatever but he takes a stand for all of us weapons owners and for our individual freedoms
bartvdb

Post by bartvdb »

good spyderco review's . he is motivated .
tortoise

Post by tortoise »

Mini-14 reviews.

Run n' gun, run n' gun, run n' gun...

Hooah!!! :)
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

I used to not mind him as much as some, and generally like his knife reviews; but recently, his posts are getting way too political for me. I want to watch his videos for equipment reviews, , , I was ok with his wordy (often self ingratiating) style, but I'm not going to watch him wax-poetic over his social issues for video after video, regardless of how much I may tend to agree with many of his view.
Jeremy_A_Neel

Post by Jeremy_A_Neel »

His reviews are very entertaining, and I tend to agree with most of his opinions, but when I watch his political stuff, it feels like I'm watching a caricature of a conservative, made by a left extremist.
"If you have a difficult task, give it to a lazy person - they will find an easier way to do it." -Hlade's Law
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

He has an off switch to be honest its not my usual way to go eg I don't think "I like that knife" then look for reviews to help me make up my mind .
The usual scenario is I've already brought it and wander if others feel the same or I've convinced myself to buy it and just have look see.
The problem is his grandiose sense of importance by calling others tnp rs it gets my goat as though they are his inferiors Sal doesn't refer to fans as spyderco..ers and I find that he is humble with the praise given and his status.
Nah I'm sorry I can't do it I'm not a hypocrite based on his reviews I can't say I find him endearing although as a man I've never met the guy so its just solely the YouTube vids that make him come across that way.
And the fact that any time somebody criticises him they are blocked come on that's silly.
ASmitty

Post by ASmitty »

I tend to agree with a lot of his opinions. He works hard on his reviews, and I believe he genuinely does because he wants to help people equip themselves as best as possible. I don't agree with everything he says, but he's got good things to say if you can sit through the somewhat long reviews.

Also, he really loves his dog.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a danish."

Quietly lurking the Spyderco forum since 2003...
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

Asmitty I had a Boston creme donut from Dunkin donuts no hole and it certainly wasn't a Danish very nice but there aren't any in this part of the uk.
iyn

Post by iyn »

After watching his vids I feel I'm more prepared. I don't agree with everything he says, but he is entertaining and the quality of his videos is great. Sal you can thank him for giving me the spyder-bite. Before I watched his videos I carried a delica 3, my endura was my hiking/"survival" knife (how dumb was that), an old rescue (FRN clip) was my car knife. Now I carry 2 blades regularly.
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

Nutnfancy's knife reviews (as well as Cutlerylover's) helped steer me toward Spyderco knives. He is passionate about his reviews and is pretty thorough in backing up his opinion. That said, his demeanor and opinions are not always agreeable but I think he has done more good than bad. I don't love the guy but I don't feel he is as terrible as some may think he is.
Splice

Post by Splice »

He puts out good reviews with TONS of information. I don't watch any of his videos other than reviews though, and even with reviews I find myself skipping around them as he'll stay in a single talking point for forever
Splice

Post by Splice »

TheCajunBlaze has also been instrumental in my knife purchases. Dude just tells it like it is with enthusiasm, and he can be pretty funny too
Dr Hairy

Post by Dr Hairy »

Sorry - no +1 from me.

I've watched about half a dozen of his vids and I just couldn't face a single more. In one vid he is chopping away at a fallen tree in the snow...for a while it was car crash tv just watching him wildly swinging away and just waiting for the vid to cut away to him in hospital telling us how much blood he lost and how his team saved his ***. In the next vid he's out in some car park somewhere emptying all his teamies pockets to show off their EDC. They may as well have been swapping Pokemon cards, coo-ing over SAKs like they were nuclear warheads.

Too big budget teenage mall ninja for me.

All the gear, absolutely no idea.

And he's got a really whiney voice tht makes me want to tear out my eardrums with a 16oz clawhammer.

Other than that I like him just fine.
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

He's out in the forefront, fighting for gun rights.
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder:
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

Here's one nice thing the look Sal gave him when he made his whip sound at the Shot on YouTube I think it was a shot show made me chuckle .
I'd describe it like the look you'd give if somebody presented you with a dog turd on a plate :D nice one Sal.
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

Very surprised by his latest vid.

I know folks tend to either love or hate him. I realize I'm one of those very few individuals who, overall, liked his vids. No hate, no blind love.

For all the things he's been criticized for over the years endorsing blatant theft of intellectual property was never one of them . . . until now.

I'm done with him. Just scumbag behavior, and his justification why is even worse. Here's a link to what I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMsStTbGZpw
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder:
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Monocrom wrote: I'm done with him. Just scumbag behavior, and his justification why is even worse. Here's a link to what I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMsStTbGZpw
Wow...what a dimwit. I was truly hoping it was regarding the Chryo (collaboration). It's not even a fine line between Chinese production and unlicensed knock-offs.

"Interpretation", lol. I can't wait for the response video with the ER stitches.