Leave it to cubsfan.....

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
cubsfan1969

Leave it to cubsfan.....

Post by cubsfan1969 »

Ok, decided to put my SM rods in the dishwasher. Got em nice an clean. So clean the red on the UF stones is gone, lol. Anyone have a way to tell the UF from the Fine? Thanks in advance!

Davy
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Maybe try looking at an edge through a strong loupe after making passes on each stone and try to tell which one leaves bigger scratches. That's a good question.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
cubsfan1969

Post by cubsfan1969 »

Ok, I think I got it. On one rod was a tiny speck of red left that I could see through a loupe. So I looked at the ends of the remaing rods, and if you look carefully you can see the a subtle difference in the coarseness of the stones. Try it Evil and let me know what you think.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

cubsfan1969 wrote:Ok, I think I got it. On one rod was a tiny speck of red left that I could see through a loupe. So I looked at the ends of the remaing rods, and if you look carefully you can see the a subtle difference in the coarseness of the stones. Try it Evil and let me know what you think.
Sounds about right to me. Once you figure it out, gouge a hole into the ends of the red ones or do something so you can tell them apart easier.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

i used a sharpie on the ends. they will last a few washings. also if you run your fignernail over the stones you will feel which one is more corse.

a bit off topic but speaking of cubsfans, i just saw this pic..lol. leave it to a white sox fan to come up with this.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
cubsfan1969

Post by cubsfan1969 »

Lol Tony, I'm not sure what all this hub-bub is about the Cubs and the White Sox not getting along. I mean both teams are rich in history, hall of famers, and most of all fans. Many of these fans have been coming out year after year faithfully, to watch these 2 teams engage in a friendly, gentlemanly, sporting environment. A contest where good sportsmanship is seen at its finest. For instance, in this picture below:

:D
rg02

Post by rg02 »

Lol Davy! Hey sharpie or nail polish on ends works!
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
Mojo51

Post by Mojo51 »

The sox fans hate us way more than we do them.
Tea Party Patriot and 3% Oath Keeper
cubsfan1969

Post by cubsfan1969 »

Mojo51 wrote:The sox fans hate us way more than we do them.

Lol careful my friend, there's always a few lurking! :p . Would not want that winless war waged here! :D
Mojo51

Post by Mojo51 »

True story. I deal with it every day lol.
Tea Party Patriot and 3% Oath Keeper