Nutnfancy

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Slash wrote:imo, he's just some kid with to much money to spend on knives and thinks he knows something about steels cause he puts a mirror polish on a blade and cuts some rope. Then, begs for donations.
I emphasize KID, because how much knowledge do you think he really has compared to other older and wiser folks?

Btw, when was the last time you had to cut 10+ feet of rope?
This describes the bulk majority of reviewers on Youtube. With the exception of a few that interject their own resources and knowledge the rest just read product specs and try to act like they know something. Sad thing is most can hardly do that right...
Ukelay

Post by Ukelay »

I, like others have said, stumbled my way into great knives by watching Nutnfancy. I watch his videos when he is covering an item that I am particularly interested in, because he usually covers all the details, even it is in a cheesy or biased way.
ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

All I hear is him talking about purchasing 4oz. of real estate.
SpydieFan

Post by SpydieFan »

Or freakin jimping... makes me want to hit him. I've had knives with jimping, no jimping... can't really tell the difference TBQH and I've used them for tons of cutting. Maybe if his girly hands could grip he wouldn't need enough jimping to put a series of holes in his finger.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:spyder:|Spyderco Bug|Spyderco Kiwi3|Spyderco H1 Salt|Spyderco Para Military 2 Black Blade DigiCam + STR Pocket Clip| :spyder:

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
haarspalter

Post by haarspalter »

i also stumbled into the whole knive thing - especially spydercos - by watching nutn! i really liked the fact that he'd rather have an inexpensive good working and tough knife instead of save-queens for couple of hundred usd!
:spyder: Mule k390-S110v-Cruwear, Gayle Bradley, Cruwear Military Collectors #13V, CPM-M4-Ti Military CF Scales, Para2 20cp
araneae

Post by araneae »

Not a fan. I don't think he knows any more than a lot of the people here and I can't stand to listen to him ramble on. He does seem to do a thorough job covering the topic when he finishes with his babbling. And if he can get people to choke up triple digits for a value series knife, he's doing something right, decide for yourself what that is...
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I do think he's a great salesperson for Spyderco. FAR better than me.

For that reason I have to tip my hat. He doesn't have to convince very hard...they make a great product.
SpydieFan

Post by SpydieFan »

araneae wrote:Not a fan. I don't think he knows any more than a lot of the people here and I can't stand to listen to him ramble on. He does seem to do a thorough job covering the topic when he finishes with his babbling. And if he can get people to choke up triple digits for a value series knife, he's doing something right, decide for yourself what that is...
Con Artist.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:spyder:|Spyderco Bug|Spyderco Kiwi3|Spyderco H1 Salt|Spyderco Para Military 2 Black Blade DigiCam + STR Pocket Clip| :spyder:

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

SpydieFan wrote:what do you think of him

I'm not going to hate on him for doing his thing, but there are far better reviewers on youtube and otherwise, I find it hard to take him seriously. I dont agree with most of what he says / is about, so I'd only skim through a "review" to get a look at a new knife if anything..
I see, said the blind man.
Sithus1966

Post by Sithus1966 »

All I like him for is the free shipping code at Cutlery Shoppe.....
C05, C05S, C10SRD, C10SBK(x2), C10FPBR, C10GRE, C10FPGR, C11, C11FPBK, C12SBK2, C14 C17 C21, C28BK, C28BK2, C28YL2, C36, C45, C54GPBN, C77, C80GPOR, C81, C81GS, C81GBK2, C85GP2, C86, C86P, C86PET, C90, C94, C95, C106, C109, C116, C122, C123CF, C123, C123GBL, C126(x2), C132GP, C135GP, C136, C137, C138, C140, C142, C146CFP, C148, C158TIP, C161GP, C162, C163PBK, C164GPBN, LBK, LBKII(x2), LYL3HB, LGRE3, MBK, FB20, FB23, FB24SBK, FB31SBK, FBPBK, MT12, MT13, MT16, Woodcraft.
angusW

Post by angusW »

Sithus1966 wrote:All I like him for is the free shipping code at Cutlery Shoppe.....
Jeff and Nutnfancy are planning something else. I'm very curious as to what it is.
===================

I don't mind Nutnfancy but really haven't watched many of his videos in the last year or 2. One that I did see recently was not a review or a gun and run but just a sit down talk about his past experience in the Air Force. How he got interested, the route he took and what it took to get his wings. After watching the video my respect when up for him a thousand fold. He may not know the most about knives but the guy is driven. Love him or hate him, he got to where he is today on his own dime.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Probably an exclusive with CS's money and Nut's fanbase. Being that the last orange para2 sold out in like 16 days it's a safe idea.

Anything to keep more knives from getting Duracoated :) .
angusW

Post by angusW »

I'm actually hoping for a $300 Ambitious.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

Sithus1966 wrote:All I like him for is the free shipping code at Cutlery Shoppe.....
Haha! Win!

I can't stand him. He likes to make believe he's some kind of high speed low drag operator, training in the desert for the next time he has to save the mayors nephew...

Supposedly he was in the Air Force (Reserves?) and worked local LE. If that's true so be it, but don't lead people on to believe you're some sort of black ops hardass when you clearly aren't. It's pretty obvious that any real combat training he may have had was minimal. That sort of stuff pisses me off. Instead of selling your backyard "tactics" why not recommend quality, beneficial training from known industry leaders? Guys like Kyle Defoor, Larry Vickers, even Clint Smith.

I just hate the way he portrays himself as this door kicking, ground pounder when he isn't. It takes credibility from the guys who really are.

Plus if I have to hear any more about how every knife ever made should have jimping everywhere I'm going to shoot myself.
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

Haha! Win!

I can't stand him. He likes to make believe he's some kind of high speed low drag operator, training in the desert for the next time he has to save the mayors nephew...

Supposedly he was in the Air Force (Reserves?) and worked local LE. If that's true so be it, but don't lead people on to believe you're some sort of black ops hardass when you clearly aren't. It's pretty obvious that any real combat training he may have had was minimal. That sort of stuff pisses me off. Instead of selling your backyard "tactics" why not recommend quality, beneficial training from known industry leaders? Guys like Kyle Defoor, Larry Vickers, even Clint Smith.

I just hate the way he portrays himself as this door kicking, ground pounder when he isn't. It takes credibility from the guys who really are.

Plus if I have to hear any more about how every knife ever made should have jimping everywhere I'm going to shoot myself.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I think that many of his knife vids provide sufficient information for beginners to the collection and enjoyment of knives. For those who are more invested/experienced, there are still good points but I guarantee that people forming their own opinions will find either differing opinions or more information about various products. He still reaches a pretty solid audience and I have appreciated some of his spydie vids.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
donkeykong

Post by donkeykong »

I wonder how much he makes off YT? He's got a substantial number of subscribers.
MCM

Post by MCM »

He is probably responsible for more knife sales to kids and uninformed folks than we realize.
LOL LOL

Hat's off to the makers I have seen him interview at shows.
They kept their cool, and were polite.
That couldn't have been easy.
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

MCM wrote:Hat's off to the makers I have seen him interview at shows.
They kept their cool, and were polite.
That couldn't have been easy.
Someone needs to make an animated GIF of him showing Ed Schempp his skateboard tape jimped Barong. :p .
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

Blerv wrote:Someone needs to make an animated GIF of him showing Ed Schempp his skateboard tape jimped Barong. :p .
Bahaha!

I loled.