CCI Quiet 22 .22lr Ammo Really is Pretty Quiet

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Rwb1500

CCI Quiet 22 .22lr Ammo Really is Pretty Quiet

Post by Rwb1500 »

I tried some of this stuff today;

It was really quite. Surprisingly so. I also shot Remington Subsonic and it was noticeably more quiet then the Remington. Remington rimfire ammo sucks anyway...

I was shooting at 100 yards with a Marlin 925 I received from a friend today (thanks Adam, I'm pretty pleased with it). Someone had setup a steel drum lid at the 100 yard backboard, and the rounds smacking it were louder than the actual rifle. Here's a little video. Forgive the perspective. It's more about the sound than the video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4IdZaier_4M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IdZaier ... ature=plcp
You can tell by the giggling I found it quite funny. It's cool to hear rounds hitting a target, something you usually only get with a suppressor.
2cha

Post by 2cha »

I wonder if it will cycle semi autos,...
GotDogs

Post by GotDogs »

Man O Man that is quiet. What range are U shooting at? The roof looks familiar. ( Manheim? ).
I may look calm, but in my head I've killed you 3 times.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Now all you need is a suppressor and you're set for some silent zombie headshots :D
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I will have to try some of that in my 10/22 to see if it will cycle.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Rwb1500 wrote:I tried some of this stuff today;

It was really quite. Surprisingly so. I also shot Remington Subsonic and it was noticeably more quiet then the Remington. Remington rimfire ammo sucks anyway...

I was shooting at 100 yards with a Marlin 925 I received from a friend today (thanks Adam, I'm pretty pleased with it). Someone had setup a steel drum lid at the 100 yard backboard, and the rounds smacking it were louder than the actual rifle. Here's a little video. Forgive the perspective. It's more about the sound than the video.
Is that the standard 22" barrel on your 925?
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

2cha wrote:I wonder if it will cycle semi autos,...
I highly doubt it. It doesn't have much punch, at 100 yards I was holding 3 or 4 feet high. (Relative to high velocity .22lr, which I don't have to compensate for.)
GotDogs wrote:Man O Man that is quiet. What range are U shooting at? The roof looks familiar. ( Manheim? ).
It's a club out my way, Dillsburg.
xceptnl wrote:Is that the standard 22" barrel on your 925?
I have no idea. I just got it today as part of a trade. Guy was a couple bucks short on buying a 1911 from me, asked if he could throw this in. I said sure!
Studey

Post by Studey »

Try some of the Aguila .22 60 grain ammo. That stuff is quiet and packs a whallop! You can hear the energy in the bullet when it hits. Puts groundhogs down real nicely.
coonan

Post by coonan »

I have been shooting standard plus- eley and lupua subsonic for many years now. low sound so in a pinch you do not have to run and get the hearing protection plus it does not bother the neighbors and it is less affectied by wind so less wind drift with the sub s.With less powder you will have less recoil impulse to cycle the bolt on most auotoloaders. You can change the recoil spring have it modified by someone who knows how.