Peyton's place

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
BAL

Peyton's place

Post by BAL »

Any NFL fans out there. With the news yesterday that we have been expecting, but still hard to believe, anyone have an opinion of where Peyton Manning might land.

There are some teams that will be looking at him, Miami, Washington, Arizona, KC Chiefs, Jets, Seattle and probably a few others. Obviously you would need to make sure that he is healthy and that you could fit his contract in your salary cap.

Being a KC Chiefs fan and not necessarily a fan of Matt Cassel, I would like to see Scott Pioli take a serious look at him. I think that Peyton still has some good years left as long as he is healthy. I remember Joe Montana's influence on the Chiefs a few years back. He took a good team to the next level and almost to the SB.

It should be interesting to see what happens.
JD Spydo

Peyton In KC would make sense for sure

Post by JD Spydo »

BAL wrote:Any NFL fans out there. With the news yesterday that we have been expecting, but still hard to believe, anyone have an opinion of where Peyton Manning might land.

There are some teams that will be looking at him, Miami, Washington, Arizona, KC Chiefs, Jets, Seattle and probably a few others. Obviously you would need to make sure that he is healthy and that you could fit his contract in your salary cap.

Being a KC Chiefs fan and not necessarily a fan of Matt Cassel, I would like to see Scott Pioli take a serious look at him. I think that Peyton still has some good years left as long as he is healthy. I remember Joe Montana's influence on the Chiefs a few years back. He took a good team to the next level and almost to the SB.

I'm also KC fan being I live here and I've been extremely frustrated ever since Joe Montana retired. We got 2 great years from Joe Montana and those were truly 2 of the best years we had since the days of Lenny Dawson/Mike Livingston. Peyton Manning would have this town buzzing like a chainsaw if they could pull this off.

It might be the reason that Scott Pioli ( our general manager) has been such a tightwad here in the past 2 years. He might be saving up for such an aquisition. Albeit I heard on a sports talk show here in KC last night that his dad Archie Manning has been shopping him in the New York market ( the Jets). I also heard a strong rumor with some substance behind it that he all but has decided to go with Miami.

But the Chiefs do have a promising recieving corp and a couple running backs that are showing some serious promise. But I do have a feeling that KC is making a move behind the scene.

I agree Matt Cassel is mediocre at best and the fan base here is getting very impatient with him. Yeah Peyton Manning would truly give this town a serious shot in the arm we've needed for over a decade.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Slash

Post by Slash »

I would like to see him in silver and black. But, that will never happen. We're capped out as it is.
If Seattle can get him that would be interesting with Carrol's offense. Where ever he ends up I wish him well.
JD Spydo

Peyton & T.O. in Silver & Black

Post by JD Spydo »

Slash wrote:I would like to see him in silver and black. But, that will never happen. We're capped out as it is.
If Seattle can get him that would be interesting with Carrol's offense. Where ever he ends up I wish him well.
Now that's an interesting thought :rolleyes: Peyton Manning being an Oakland Raider :eek: But in a way that would be like having Martha Stewart joining the WWE :D It just wouldn't fit for many, many reasons.

But if you had Peyton and T.O. Both joining the Raiders that would truly be a shakeup in the NFL of almost Biblical proportions :rolleyes:

I think he'll either end up with the Chiefs or the Dolphins. But I'm not betting on anything at this point ;)
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

BAL wrote:Any NFL fans out there. With the news yesterday that we have been expecting, but still hard to believe, anyone have an opinion of where Peyton Manning might land.

I am not sure what will happen... I am still too heart-broken over the whole ordeal to consider anything at this point. :(
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
JD Spydo

They might really surprise us all

Post by JD Spydo »

SpyderNut wrote:I am not sure what will happen... I am still too heart-broken over the whole ordeal to consider anything at this point. :(
I bet it is tough for all you Colts fans :( It would be similar to the Yankees releasing Mariano Rivera before his time is up :confused:

But that's the business aspect of the professional sports. It's actually unusual for any athlete to last as long as he did with one team. **** our poor Chiefs can't even keep a QB for 3 years much less 13.

But this is going to be one of the most entertaining free agent contests in the history of the Sport. Because who is to say that Andrew Luck or RG III will be what everyone thinks they will be. Look at how big of a bust Jamarcus Russell turned out to be :eek:

With the new blooming young talent that the Chiefs have I bet Peyton would get a kick out of helping to develop all those new weapons. And not to mention we finally got a real coach for a change.

I'm almost betting that the Redskins owner will mortgage the farm 4 times over in attempt to snag Peyton. And maybe Jerry Jones of the Cowboys might drop a nuclear bomb on us all and trade Romo so he can get Peyton. there are many possibilities and we'll probably know before St. Patrick's day.
BAL

Post by BAL »

SpyderNut wrote:I am not sure what will happen... I am still too heart-broken over the whole ordeal to consider anything at this point. :(
I feel for you man. I am still pi---ed at the KC Royals for trading Bret Saberhagen back in 91.

I think that it is still up in the air where he will land, but seriously, the Chiefs make sense to me
and they are definately in the running. Of course I am a homer, but I have been saying that he
would end up a Chief for months now, and everyone thought that I was crazy. When the Colts
started loosing games this year, it all started to piece together.

Don't feel too bad if you are as a Colts fan though, Andrew Luck looks to be the next Peyton as
far a talent. Peyton is a class act to me, and I would be proud to have him on my team.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

I was a Chiefs fan during the years that St. Louis didn't have an NFL team. Arrowhead is my favorite place to see an NFL game; college atmosphere and good BBQ. I hope manning lands there. And of course that scenario wouldn't lessen the bidding for the Rams RGIII pick.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
BAL

Post by BAL »

Sequimite wrote:I was a Chiefs fan during the years that St. Louis didn't have an NFL team. Arrowhead is my favorite place to see an NFL game; college atmosphere and good BBQ. I hope manning lands there. And of course that scenario wouldn't lessen the bidding for the Rams RGIII pick.
As much as I love PM, I would definately go for RGIII in a heartbeat. For a while I though
that the Chief's had a shot at him. THen they started winning just enough games to move
to 11 and then Matt Barkley and Landry Jones decided to stay for their senior year and RGIII
became the obvious 2nd choice behind Luck. I have seen many Baylor games and he may be
better than Luck in the long run.
rg02

Post by rg02 »

Peyton just landed to visit Denver! :D

I would love to see Tebow leave town and have a veteran step in and lead us! Denver was spoiled by having John Elway for so many years......

it will be intersting to see how things pan out. i heard that it is primarily Denver, Arizona, or Miami. we will see!
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
BAL

Post by BAL »

rg02 wrote:Peyton just landed to visit Denver! :D

I would love to see Tebow leave town and have a veteran step in and lead us! Denver was spoiled by having John Elway for so many years......

it will be intersting to see how things pan out. i heard that it is primarily Denver, Arizona, or Miami. we will see!
Don't forget KC. And why would Peyton want to get mixed up with the tebow mess anyway. There would be some
in mile hile that would be yelling for teblow with every PM inc or int. You guys could see him twice a year this way,
one at home and once at Arrowhead.
rosconey

Post by rosconey »

being a giants fan -all i can say is -haha-
we may have the best manning
JD Spydo

Just win baby, Just WIn!!!

Post by JD Spydo »

OK here it is>> the perfect new line up for the NFL.. Peyton Manning, Terell Owens, Jeremy Shockey all joining the Oakland Raiders by St. Patrick's Day :cool: :rolleyes: And then Brett Farve joining up with the Chiefs :eek: Yes Sir the Silver & Black ruling the AFC West again :D
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

BAL wrote:I feel for you man. I am still pi---ed at the KC Royals for trading Bret Saberhagen back in 91.

I think that it is still up in the air where he will land, but seriously, the Chiefs make sense to me
and they are definately in the running. Of course I am a homer, but I have been saying that he
would end up a Chief for months now, and everyone thought that I was crazy. When the Colts
started loosing games this year, it all started to piece together.

Don't feel too bad if you are as a Colts fan though, Andrew Luck looks to be the next Peyton as
far a talent. Peyton is a class act to me, and I would be proud to have him on my team.
Thanks for the kind words, Bal. I've nearly cried myself to sleep the last few nights. :( Although it is encouraging to know that Peyton will live to play again, it just won't be the same to see him not wearing the #18 jersey. *Wiping eyes*

JD Spydo wrote:OK here it is>> the perfect new line up for the NFL.. Peyton Manning, Terell Owens, Jeremy Shockey all joining the Oakland Raiders by St. Patrick's Day :cool: :rolleyes: And then Brett Farve joining up with the Chiefs :eek: Yes Sir the Silver & Black ruling the AFC West again :D
Holy cow! :eek: Talk about your quintessential "Dream Team." :p :D Heck, Farve may come back some day and play. I mean, this guy will still be playing football from a wheelchair when he's in a nursing home someday. If he can only learn to refrain from sending inappropriate texts he just may have a chance to play again... ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Wouldn't mind seeing Peyton Manning come to Dallas and kick Tony Romo out of the starting quarterback position for the Cowboys. Romo always manages to screw it up everytime the Cowboys have a chance to move on to the playoffs and beyond! :mad:

The best Dallas Cowboys game I saw last year was when Jason Witten tackled one of Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. :) Witten was quite a gentleman, though, as he cradled her and rolled so he took the full impact of hitting the ground.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
JD Spydo

Dallas would be a super team for Peyton but.....

Post by JD Spydo »

Water Bug wrote:Wouldn't mind seeing Peyton Manning come to Dallas and kick Tony Romo out of the starting quarterback position for the Cowboys. Romo always manages to screw it up everytime the Cowboys have a chance to move on to the playoffs and beyond! :mad:

The best Dallas Cowboys game I saw last year was when Jason Witten tackled one of Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. :) Witten was quite a gentleman, though, as he cradled her and rolled so he took the full impact of hitting the ground.
Hey Water Bug I can only agree with you>> and at one time I was a big Tony Romo fan too>> but he has just laid way too many eggs for me to any longer have any confidence in him :( A likeable guy but not a premier QB by any standards :rolleyes:

When you think about it Peyton Manning would make perfect sense for the Cowboys. With sure handed guys like Dez Bryant, Jason Witten & Miles Austin I think Peyton could rack up points like a pinball machine. But Jerry Jones has a big problem >> where would you dump Romo at? Who really would want him other than maybe Arizona? So there lies the problem. But I bet Jerry Jones and company are licking their chops thinking about how they could pull this off.

Probably the most challenging situation would be for him to come here to Kansas City because we truly do have a bunch of young guys who are starting to show a lot of promise>> and Arrowhead Stadium is a place he would like to play.

Denver would be a lousy fit for him<<>> and so would the Washington Redskins ( I mean deadskins :rolleyes :) That Snyder character is a real piece of work for sure.

I still say the most amusing and even hilarious situation would be for him to go with the Silver & Black. But I don't think Peyton's daddy would let him become an Oakland Raider although I would love to see it happen>> Him & T.O. and Jeremy Shockey all 3 would turn the NFL into the next WWE :rolleyes: :D
rg02

Post by rg02 »

I heard its between Denver and ArizOna now. He is supposed to make a decision Tuesday. He only visited Denver, Miami, and Arizona. ESPN says Miami is out. We will see! If Peyton comes to Denver, Tebow will probably end up with Miami or Jacksonville since they love him in FL.
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
alerin

Post by alerin »

I think he would look great in green and white, best chance for another ring.
BAL

Post by BAL »

rg02 wrote:I heard its between Denver and ArizOna now. He is supposed to make a decision Tuesday. He only visited Denver, Miami, and Arizona. ESPN says Miami is out. We will see! If Peyton comes to Denver, Tebow will probably end up with Miami or Jacksonville since they love him in FL.
I heard that Jacksonville had asked about Tebow, if Peyton goes mile high.
Actually Denver should then try to swat Tebow for Blaine Gabbert in Jacksonville.
Gabbert needs some polishing and could learn behind Peyton until he is ready
to call it quits.
rg02

Post by rg02 »

^^^^^it definitely will be interesting to see what he decides! it is funny how many Tebow bandwagoners have fallen off with this #18 talk lol. I for one think Tebow is a good leader, but he is not the type of Quarterback that will lead a team to a superbowl. Denver has been a quarterback town since Elway started playing. Tough shoes to fill after his retirement. I thought that Cutler would fill Elways shoes nicely, but he ended up being a cry baby and not mature enough----great physical skills though. Tebow is a great leader and motivator and works hard, but just doesnt have the ability to quickly read a defense and make spot on throws consistently. Peyton coming to Denver is one of the best things that could happen to us since the Broncos won two in a row back in '98 and '99 assuming he can stay healthy.
-Ryan

-Wicked Edge