Extreme action taken to avoid buying Lionspy

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Sequimite

Extreme action taken to avoid buying Lionspy

Post by Sequimite »

I've been determined to resist buying a Lionspy at least until I could check out the Tuff. After all, there are many more desirable models out there than there are dollars in my wallet.

I've been feeling myself inexorably drawn into the Lionspy spiral of spend. So, like the wolf who gnaws off his own leg to escape a trap, I traded a BG-42 Military for an aluminum SR-1. I can only pray that I don't start reading about blade swaps between the Lionspy and the SR-1.

I have one other ulterior motive. I've made a friend who owns an aluminum boat building business and have access to aluminum scrap pieces at 62 cents a pound. I'm going to try to figure out how to mill out a one piece framelock handle using the SR-1 as an example.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

just buy it, thats what i'm doing.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
juggler

Post by juggler »

Resistance is futile. The way I see it, you'll end up owning the SR-1 and the Lionspy. And the Tuff.
2cha

Post by 2cha »

Sequimite wrote:I've been determined to resist buying a Lionspy
I've been on the fence for weeks about a pre order and my preferred pre order site no longer has them up--I was both pissed and relieved. I'm really, really trying to stick to US made products--on that issue, the Tuff may be my downfall :o
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

I was on the fence about it too. I have always been intrigued by the SR-1 but never pulled the trigger. Then came the Lionspy...then the pre-order...it was all too much...I finally gave in to the inevitable. Now comes the wait. :o :D
:spyder:
Dan
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

I was tempted by the SR-1, but the voices in my head said, "If it ain't Spyderco, it ain't..." :eek:

Waiting patiently for my pre-order to arrive. :cool:
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I actually happened to hit CS today when they had the Lionspy up and in-stock. I thought about ordering it, but I'm not that excited about the roto-lock feature. I saw a number of reports of it automatically locking when the user didn't want it to on the Hest folder. So I procratinated long enough that they sold out of their stock, that fixed me from ordering it :) . I do think I'll order a Tough though, and *maybe* a Techno...
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I feel myself lucky that I do not like this knife. It is way out of my price range.
I do not feel that lucky about South fork :o :( .
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

bh49 wrote:I feel myself lucky that I do not like this knife. It is way out of my price range.
I do not feel that lucky about South fork :o :( .
Yep, the Southfork is one I also must have, and not because it is green. Or not just, at any rate.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

...plus you get a nice padded Spyderco carrying case along with your Lionspy! Bonus!

TedP
Slash

Post by Slash »

Resistance is futile.