Maxpedition sale at HowesKnifeShop

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Azwaiian

Maxpedition sale at HowesKnifeShop

Post by Azwaiian »

For any and all that are interested, Howes is, or has had a sale, on Maxpedition products. I just purchased the last black NeatFreak and black FR-1 Medical pouch. Savings were awesome and the products are selling fast.
BAL

Post by BAL »

Thanks for the info Azwaiian, I'll check it out.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Coincidentally I saw someone sporting a Fatboy yesterday for the first time and was very impressed.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
ValueKnifeLover

Post by ValueKnifeLover »

Thanks! I've been looking at getting one of thier EDC organizers. :) Now I have to
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
me2cyclops

Post by me2cyclops »

I have a black sitka that I carry everyday, it's amazing the abuse they will take and still look new
Azwaiian

Post by Azwaiian »

Yeah I have a Fatboy and an EDC pouch, both are used and carried and still look good. I've only been carrying the EDC pouch for a little over a month now, but I take it everywhere.

A side not, I just checked the USPS tracking and my NeatFreak and FR-1 will be here on FRIDAY!!!! :D
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

I think I'm going to pick up a Fatboy.

I'm right handed but think I want the one for the left side, the S type. Anyone tried weak side carry with a Fatboy? If so what was your experience?
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
Azwaiian

Post by Azwaiian »

I'm not sure if I have the Fatboy S type or not, but I always carry it on my weakside. I have never had a problem with being able to access anything within. I consider the Fatboy to be a great EDC bag, IMHO.

I also received my NeatFreak and my FR-1 pouch today! Howe's kicks a$$ and I shall be a regular customer off theirs from now on. :D
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Azwaiian wrote:I'm not sure if I have the Fatboy S type or not, but I always carry it on my weakside. I have never had a problem with being able to access anything within. I consider the Fatboy to be a great EDC bag, IMHO.

I also received my NeatFreak and my FR-1 pouch today! Howe's kicks a$$ and I shall be a regular customer off theirs from now on. :D
Thanks for the heads up. I ordered the Fatboy S yesterday and it shipped today. the color choice was khaki, od green, black and foliage green. I went with foliage green thinking it was the least conspicuous.

ps: Just checked and the foliage green Fatboy S is now sold out - guess I got the last one.
Azwaiian

Post by Azwaiian »

Congrats on your purchase and for getting the last one. I bought the last NeatFreak and I am glad I did. I'll be EDC'ing the bag on a regular basis to get a feel for it.

I'm not sure if you carry a handgun or not, but the Fatboy easily holds a Glock 17/22. I know there was a thread started where people debated the merits of carrying off body, but I like having options. When I have a G22 in there I can easily get to it and remove it with no problems at all.

Either way, I hope you enjoy your Fatboy.
justinl

Post by justinl »

i recently bought a pygmy falcon 2 backpack and it is a wonderful pack! this is my first modular pack and i'm having fun adding molle attachments to several different pouches, mostly for camera gear like lenses. and considering the materials and workmanship, the price is quite reasonable. denier 1000 is good stuff.
Azwaiian

Post by Azwaiian »

I did a bit of Youtube research on the Pygmy Falcon 2 and the NeatFreak. I went with the NeatFreak cause I just dig all them crazy pockets in such a compact size. The Pygmy Falcon 2 will probably be a purchase in the not too distant future. Well, actually that or the Condor 2, that bag looks like it could hold a lot of stuff.

I also purchased and received today, a hook and loop mini organizer, and two hook and loop 3 clip holster. Love em! Both add so much more possibilities to bags with already endless possibilities! Actually, I think it's just the EDC side of me speaking. :p