Anyone play any sports??

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Waffle

Anyone play any sports??

Post by Waffle »

I play ice hockey. Just curious if any guys in here play any type of sports.. You know, staying active, keeping your heart healthy.. All that good stuff. :D
[Waffle]

This world is made of.. Love and Peace
unit

Post by unit »

Do blade sports count?

Yes. In addition to cycling (MTB and road), hiking and working (the last two are not really "sports"), I am currently training for competitive cutting which is wildly fun and definitely a great way to ramp up your heart rate for a while ;) .
Thanks,
Ken (my real name)

...learning something new all the time.
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Avid Road, Mountain Biker and skier. That's why I live where I live.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Competitive cuttings sounds interesting. I can see the getting your heart rate up??

Used to ski when I was younger. Never been to Canada; only to Utah! Then made the move into snowboarding. It was hard for me to resist jumps and rails so I figured I should stop before I seriously injured myself. Now I just stick to ice hockey(can also be dangerous)... I guess I'm just more comfortable on the skates. Hey DRKBC, be safe out there. Unit, you as well!! Cut safely. :D
[Waffle]

unit

Post by unit »

Thanks.

Yes MTB can be hazardous. I used to have a problem acting my age (39 year olds should probably not do this sort of thing...then again competitive cutting makes me feel more like a kid than airing it out on a MTB ever has!)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LMuk6cO_BKg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Thanks,
Ken (my real name)

...learning something new all the time.
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

I compete in strongman contests. Keeps me young and in shape.
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

unit wrote:Thanks.

Yes MTB can be hazardous. I used to have a problem acting my age (39 year olds should probably not do this sort of thing...then again competitive cutting makes me feel more like a kid than airing it out on a MTB ever has!)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LMuk6cO_BKg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
You unit need a good day at the bike park to put things back into perspective. Not to mention that I cut myself mountain biking all the time it's like multi tasking :D
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Waffle wrote:Used to ski when I was younger. Never been to Canada; only to Utah! Then made the move into snowboarding. It was hard for me to resist jumps and rails so I figured I should stop before I seriously injured myself. Now I just stick to ice hockey(can also be dangerous)... I guess I'm just more comfortable on the skates. Hey DRKBC, be safe out there. Unit, you as well!! Cut safely. :D
Hey Waffle, maybe you should think about becoming a Canadian.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Bicycling. There's a guy in my riding group that didn't take it up until he was 60. He's 81 now and won his ninth over 60 US championship this year. One day I'll kick his a$$; maybe when he hits 95.

http://www.sequimgazette.com/news/artic ... nhill_fast
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

DRKBC wrote:Hey Waffle, maybe you should think about becoming a Canadian.

hahaha funny that you say that because everyone in my dept at work calls me Canadian. They're convinced that because I play ice hockey I'm Canadian.
[Waffle]

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

unit wrote:Thanks.

That's awesome. I'd like to try that someday. Only biking I do is on a crotch rocket... needless to say, that's not exercise. :D
[Waffle]

C.L.L 97

Post by C.L.L 97 »

Snowboarding & baseball
Caden's :spyder:'s-g10 dragonfly, digicamo para2,bug,honeybee,sharpmaker.
Newest :spyder: manix 2 lightweight.
:spyder: top wishlist: junior,D4,E4,,h1 D'fly salt,h1 ladybug salt,g10 manbug,caly3•3.5,all sprint para2's
Have to have= brad southard flipper, gayle bradley:spyder:

"combat knife is actually 10% weapon and 90% tool".~ Al Mar
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

.357 mag wrote:I compete in strongman contests. Keeps me young and in shape.
That's awesome!! What type of events do you do?!? Pulling cars or anything close to that?!
[Waffle]

Jazz

Post by Jazz »

In high school, my phys-ed teacher asked if I could pass a football, and I said, "I don't know if I can even swallow it". I walk to and from work every day 20 minutes each way and am running around on my feet all day at work in the kitchen, so that's my exercise.

- best wishes, Jazz.
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Waffle wrote:hahaha funny that you say that because everyone in my dept at work calls me Canadian. They're convinced that because I play ice hockey I'm Canadian.
That's all we do hear is play hockey, throw in a couple of "Aye's" & "Aboot's" and starting calling a sofa a chesterfield, sneakers runners and your in buddy! You're even polite, sure you're not Dual.
rg02

Post by rg02 »

Men's tournament slow pitch softball,flyfishing, hiking, and mountain biking. I tried road biking last year but couldnt get into it, or maybe I just have too many hobbies/interests lol....
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

No sports, really. I just exercise. I like to run, swim and lift weights. I would like to take up boxing or Krav Maga in the future. I took Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in college but took a physical beating. Not too keen on doing that again.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

DRKBC wrote:That's all we do hear is play hockey, throw in a couple of "Aye's" & "Aboot's" and starting calling a sofa a chesterfield, sneakers runners and your in buddy! You're even polite, sure you're not Dual.
haha "aboot". Good stuff... Some of my teammates think I look like Mike Riberio, funny enough we have Dallas colors(I'm sure that helps sell the idea). I think I'll have a talk with my mom just to be sure I'm not half. :D
[Waffle]

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

I try to Hit the weights, run, swim.. All good things! I like swimming, you don't really sweat!!!! ;)
[Waffle]

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

rg02 wrote:Men's tournament slow pitch softball,flyfishing, hiking, and mountain biking. I tried road biking last year but couldnt get into it, or maybe I just have too many hobbies/interests lol....
I need to try flyfishing. I tried doing some road biking as well! I think my seat was set too high; I ended up straining the area behind my knees(knee-pits?). Softball is fun, but forget about hitting. My timing is off. I can never seem to get a lot of power into my swing. I'll stick to hockey. :)
[Waffle]