Place to sell

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
coonan

Place to sell

Post by coonan »

I am almost afraid to bring this up after a prior post but can someone give me a net location that sells knifes ? I will not deal with pay pal and - E-bay . Also Blade forum because I got a virus from them. Something like gun list only on the net . I AM NOT TRYING TO SELL HERE !!! Thanks for any help just not getting anywhere with this.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Bladeforum did have a virus issue, but that was taken care of, and thousands of people use that site with no issues 99.9% of the time, so don't worry about that.

KnifeBST
Knife forums
Jerzee Devil
EDC forums
Macaulay

Post by Macaulay »

I'm afraid that without paypal it will be very difficult for you to sell anything online.
You could try craigslist.
"████ ██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love █████ ██████ ███ your █████ ████ government."
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Macaulay wrote:I'm afraid that without paypal it will be very difficult for you to sell anything online.
You could try craigslist.
There are a number of people on bladeforums that ask for money orders...so there is that option.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Money orders typically aren't an issue. It's usually easiest to go down to the post office, get a postal money order for the given amount, and send it off right then and there. Piece of cake!!

Paypal does suck, but if you're selling, you have to consider the fact that a lot of people rely on paypal for buyer protection. You take that away and you're looking at buying an item from a complete stranger with no real protection.
[Waffle]

This world is made of.. Love and Peace
coonan

Post by coonan »

Yes I see .but I have been buying and selling from gun list for years and never a problem either way. Maybe just lucky Maybe two could agree to a well known third party to do the transaction and ship for a fee. Maybe a new bussiness for some one to start up hey.
Macaulay

Post by Macaulay »

Escrow?
"████ ██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love █████ ██████ ███ your █████ ████ government."
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Waffle wrote:Money orders typically aren't an issue. It's usually easiest to go down to the post office, get a postal money order for the given amount, and send it off right then and there. Piece of cake!!

Paypal does suck, but if you're selling, you have to consider the fact that a lot of people rely on paypal for buyer protection. You take that away and you're looking at buying an item from a complete stranger with no real protection.
PayPal may suck, but it's open 24X7 and I can send money to, or receive it from, anywhere in the world. US Postal money orders only work in the USA and a few other countries. Not to mention that, on top of limited days and hours, getting one is not always "a piece of cake" for other reasons. I've lived in places where the nearest PO was 10 miles away and others where the average wait on line was 15 minutes. And, as you mentioned, your money is not recoverable once it's been cashed. I've reached the point where I'd have to want a knife very, very, badly and know the seller fairly well, to buy it if they insisted on a money order.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Switchback

Post by Switchback »

coonan wrote:I will not deal with pay pal and - E-bay . Also Blade forum because I got a virus from them.
I understand your concerns but one cannot ask for three better options for selling knives. You can try eleswhere but those three will bring you the most success. Bladeforums with Paypal would be faster and easier unless you qualify to lst "Buy it Now" on Ebay. It's amazing how fast knives sell sometimes on Bladeforums.

Having said that, if I was dead set against those three, I would try knifeforums.com.

Best of luck to you.
Rick T.
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

I appreciate your decision. I have tried almost all of them. To avoid Ebay fees, I found Bladeforums to be the fastest way to sell/trade knives. I have not had a bad experience yet on BF. good luck.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Sadly many people won't deal with forum shoppers who won't use PayPal. It not only is safer for guaranteeing a successful sale but also age qualifies.
Bearcat1

Post by Bearcat1 »

I kind of think if you do not use PayPal that you will loose potential buyers. It is so fast and convenient that it is the the accepted norm.
Mad is bad. - Sal :)
coonan

Post by coonan »

Well I will have to find out how to use paypal .Thanks.
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

I use BF for trading/buying and selling. Mostly trading though, lol.

I just traded for a waved Endura, and the member is also a member here.

Also they have a feedback system of sorts.
Slash

Post by Slash »

Nothing wrong with paypal. It's like you had to get on a bus and take it to buffalo,ny or somewhere. You will have to jump on greyhound that is required to screen the driver background and submit to drug testing as well as keep regular mantainence records; or maybe your only other option was some gypsy bus that has no regulations. Your stuck with greyhound as it's your only solution to your objective.