You guys are going to laugh, look down your nose, or scoff... Gerbers.
(I should add some photos, and maybe I will later.)
I flew with a Gerber Mk I boot knife back in the day (USAF F-4Es), and also had a Mk II for the he>> of it, and for the survival schools back in those days. (Still have those knives, with the leather tape I'd added to the metal handles over 30 years ago.)
I'm somewhat older now, and have been living in Alaska for the last 20 years - A military move up here, and stayed after getting out.
Gerbers recently bought/received (Xmas or later):
1. Gerber Yari II Drop Point (S30V), which has already been put to good use, even though I don't especially want partial serrations. It's aluminum handled, indestructible, if not super-comfortable. Need a survival/military knife? A keeper.
2. An 06 Combat Folder, with an S30V blade -- Heavy metal at almost 6 3/4 oz. It's a clip knife, believe it or not, but for civilian purposes I'd probably use it with a sheath.
3. An Applegate/Fairbairn Covert, 154CM blade, a fun but fairly impractical blade. I like it.
4. A Gator I folding sheath knife, drop point, 3 3/4 inch 154CM blade. I really like this one, especially for the feel/weight/balance/comfort/etc. I'll be using this one next summer.
My first Spyderco knife, at the urging of a colleague, was the Sage1, very recently; followed closely by sending for a Dragonfly2 ZDP-189 and the Chaparral. (Office EDC as the objective.)
Next on my Spyderco wish list:
1. Delica 4 FFG, ZDP-189 === Just received the Dragonfly2 ZDP-189, and I was pleasantly surprised. I want the Delica, and the Stretch in the same ZDP-189 / BRG FRN... If I can work those by the wife.