What lighter you carry?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
mark greenman

Post by mark greenman »

Some of my EDC's, although now rocking a brushed chrome Zippo armor that I'm very fond of. Thing weighs 3oz.

I don't really smoke anymore, but never know when I might need to light some fireworks :cool:
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Aside from a Djeep that I kept in my shoulder bag during the winter for emergency lock de-icing, I haven't carried a lighter since I quit smoking almost eight years ago. Still keep it in a kitchen drawer for sealing the ends of paracord and things like that.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
NYRich

Post by NYRich »

I haven't smoked in nearly 12 years so I no longer have any reason to carry a lighter.

When I did carry one, it was always a Zippo. I had several and the only one that failed (due to a broken hinge) after about 15 years of use, was replaced for free by the factory. Hard to beat service like that.

I have one Zippo that belonged to my dad. It must be at least 50 years old and is engraved with his initials. If I remember correctly, my mom gave it to him for some occasion. I know that if I filled it and replaced the flint that it would still work perfectly. I gave my other Zippos away, but that one......

These days I usually keep a few cheap Bic lighters around. There are a couple in my SHTF bag and a few laying around for lighting candles or whatever. One is always in my tackle box for fusing the knots on monofilament. Tuna can often pull open a knot that you think is tight. Fusing the material solves the problem. Works great on paracord, too.
Samwise

Post by Samwise »

Zippo, along with an Exotac nanoStriker on my keys for SHTF.
Spydie Count: :spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder:

Vics: Super Tinker, Farmer
RLR

Post by RLR »

IMCO Junior, from Austria. Just for emergencies and heating keys for locks, stuff like that. Cheap, light, good seal (retains fluid 4-5 times better than zippo). They do eat flint though, but store two back to back.
Enkidude

Post by Enkidude »

I dont carry one anymore, but I used to always try and carry a bic. I would only fault a bic for not having straight sides. The rounded profile of a bic makes it harder to snuff a pipe when youre trying to conserve resources if ya know what I mean...
Don't mess with the Spyder because you think you're fly.
Transcend the illusion.
Adriaan

Post by Adriaan »

A cheap lighter build by the French company société Bic. Their lighters are simply the best disposable lighters ever created. Very good quality.
Hellz

Post by Hellz »

I'm a non-smoker but always carry a Brunton Helios in my bag (as well as a firesteel: Be prepared! ;) )
NYRich

Post by NYRich »

Enkidude wrote:I dont carry one anymore, but I used to always try and carry a bic. I would only fault a bic for not having straight sides. The rounded profile of a bic makes it harder to snuff a pipe when youre trying to conserve resources if ya know what I mean...
Use a smaller pipe? :D
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I don't smoke, but I carry an Exotac nanoStriker with me. You never know when you might need to strike a spark.

TedP
Worry less - Breathe more...

Spydie Fanatic #185