Forum View Question

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Bluntrauma

Forum View Question

Post by Bluntrauma »

This might be the stupidest question ever and may have an easy fix. Most, no, all of the forums I visit fill up the entire screen on my monitor but Spyderco site always has this reduced view. I have always just accepted it as how the site is but got to wondering, is this the way it looks on everyone's PC? If there is a fix/setting I would like to know what it is. My eyes aren't getting any better. :)

Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
Bert T

Post by Bert T »

What you show is normal for me too. I am running Windows 7 Professional and IE.

Bert
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

I am running windows 7 as well. I guess it is what it is. Sure would be nice to have a monitor full of Spyderco though. Thanks for the post!

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

In the past day or two Kristi posted that they are making changes to the forum. Maybe the display is one of the things to be changed.

She said we may see hick-ups during the upgrade. I think they started already because I've already seen one hick-up. My car didn't start this morning. :) They must be making some pretty radical changes. :D

Jack
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

It's the same here. I don't mind it so much, it doesn't effect pictures and i have a 19 inch widescreen monitor so i'd just have to cover more ground with my mouse if it covered the whole screen. It sort of makes reading it easier, and it's one of the few forums that my phone doesn't hate.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Evil D wrote:It's the same here. I don't mind it so much, it doesn't effect pictures and i have a 19 inch widescreen monitor so i'd just have to cover more ground with my mouse if it covered the whole screen. It sort of makes reading it easier, and it's one of the few forums that my phone doesn't hate.
I'll probably feel stupid but, what does your phone have to do with the forum? My phone ....

Nevermind, I just figured it out. You view the forum on your phone. :o I never do that. All I do is check email.

I was right, I feel stupid. :)

Jack
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

jackknifeh wrote:In the past day or two Kristi posted that they are making changes to the forum. Maybe the display is one of the things to be changed.

She said we may see hick-ups during the upgrade. I think they started already because I've already seen one hick-up. My car didn't start this morning. :) They must be making some pretty radical changes. :D

Jack

Maybe so. All I got for Christmas this year was a dang george forman grill. I blame Spyderco upgrades. That thing won't slice paper for nothin

liveit_loud on Ebay.
zunedog31

Post by zunedog31 »

Have you tried zooming? What browser are you using?
Own or have owned: Manix2, Dragonfly G10, Sage 1, Tasman Salt, Delica 4 waved, Kiwi, SS Police, Orange PM2, Pacific Salt, Gayle Bradley, Tenacious, Harpy, Military, Salsa, ZDP-189 Ladybug

Come chat with us on IRC at #Spyderco!
http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

Using Mozilla. Just tried it and now the text is huge but screen size remains the same. :)

liveit_loud on Ebay.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Looks that way to me too, no matter which browser or PC I use, including my Linux box, unless I drop the res to 800 X 600. Think they use a style sheet or something that does the same thing in PHP, that specifies an 800 pixel width. I know there are a number of other sites (not forums, just other websites like WIRED and The Weather Channel) that do the same. May have something to do with making them more compatible with tablets and smart phones, or just a holdover from the days when 800X600 was the de facto standard for monitors.

On a somewhat different note, do wish someone would make a 25" portrait mode monitor. IMHO, tall screen would be a lot more useful than wide screen.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

I just tried it with explorer and it has a little less border but about the same. Just wondered if others were getting the same view. Not a biggie but if they ever upgrade it, it would be a plus.

liveit_loud on Ebay.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

jackknifeh wrote:I'll probably feel stupid but, what does your phone have to do with the forum? My phone ....

Nevermind, I just figured it out. You view the forum on your phone. :o I never do that. All I do is check email.

I was right, I feel stupid. :)

Jack
Yep, smartphone/phone internet for when I'm not at home.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

you could try ctrl and + . it could also be the fact you have a very wide screen :rolleyes:
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

razorsharp wrote:you could try ctrl and + . it could also be the fact you have a very wide screen :rolleyes:
It is a bit wide but looked this way on my last one as well. Guess it's just the way the forum is. Thanks for the short cut to the font though. I am always running into something I can't read.

liveit_loud on Ebay.