New Years Resolution

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Gunslinger

New Years Resolution

Post by Gunslinger »

Last year my New Years resolution was to quit smokeing. This marks a year of being smoke free for me. I think this year I am going to spend more time with my family. I was going to make my resolution to spend less on Spydies but with all the new models coming out and my preorders, thats not going to happen.

What are your New Year resolutions.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post by 1623 »

It has been said that quitting smoking is one of the most difficult things to do, never mind making it stick as a new years resolution, so right on man, I commend you for adhering to your decision.

I tend not to make any resolutions myself, however this year I will say that I would like to get my *** in gear and get out hiking on a regular basis; something I've wanted to do for a couple years now.

Happy New Year!
-Jodi

It's not just in my head, it's in my heart.
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

Congrats on one year smoke free! That's freaken awesome.
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

I don't have really any habits. I don't smoke or drink. No drugs ever. I workout 4-5 days a week. If im not working I'm home with my family.

for 2012 I will learn/teach myself to freehand sharpen. Something I've always wanted to do and never understood the art. I've learned so much about sharpening this year, I can't wait to get what I can do next year.
Adriaan

Post by Adriaan »

I'm going to work on myself and try to be a beter person. I want to improve myself, learn more, develop. I had a difficult life so far, but i do have luck on certain things. I have to worry less and enjoy life more! I have to appreciate what i do have and be thankful for that. Happiness is THE most important thing in life.
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

I normally do not do resolutions either. I told my wife that I would try my hardest not to spend a lot so we can save to pay off her car 04' Audi A8L, and all the new windows we got a couple years ago (replaced all the windows in the house; I think it was 15 and a slider, not cheap)

Like Gunslinger; I was hoping to hold off on buying more knives, but everytime I look at that **** catalog; I see more that I need to add to the list. Some at first glance do nothing for me, but when I see guys talking about them here; I look into them more and it changes my mind.

I should be able to stick to my word for the most part, but there will definitely be a few knew Spydies along the way.

I wish everyone the best with their resolutions. Stay strong and stick with it!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Congrats on being a year smoke free..that's a great milestone.

I'll be the first one to say it...i made a resolution years ago to not make resolutions anymore, and i'm still sticking true to it lol.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

I don't make resolutions because I fail miserably at them. I said I would quit smoking and now smoke more. I said I would quit spending so much money on knives and now own 50 more. My resolution is no resolution. I can't take the disappointment and my wallet can't take the load. :) Congrats on being smoke free though!
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
JaM

Post by JaM »

Will probably buy a set of 701 profiles and learn to sharpen serrations with them.
And keep on running.

That's it :)