Does anyone here ride motorcycles?!?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
max808

Re: Does anyone here ride motorcycles?!?

Post by max808 »

This is a 999S with a prototype exhaust ripping through the Italian mountains. Watch till the end for a hilarious finale where he pulls up to a mountain refuge and all bikers present look a bit envious and emasculated.

https://youtu.be/HEXLzrf57sk
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

max808 wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:33 am
This is a 999S with a prototype exhaust ripping through the Italian mountains. Watch till the end for a hilarious finale where he pulls up to a mountain refuge and all bikers present look a bit envious and emasculated.

https://youtu.be/HEXLzrf57sk
Nice one ! Love those pipes . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
max808

Post by max808 »

Love them pipes too Dan, must've watched the video a dozen time always cracking up at the end where he casually pulls up and everyone there has been listening to this brute twin echoing through the mountainside for nearly 10 minutes and seem genuinely shocked at its ferocity.
:cheap-sunglasses
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
max808

Post by max808 »

Here's the video of that same 999S with the stock pipes and open Termignoni muffler and it sounds pretty good just like that...

https://youtu.be/tMSL-Qpz1oY
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Gotta love those snarling Desmodromic valves.

By the way, The Dangerous Race: Isle of Man
is being shown in a series on Directv 214 MAVTVHD.

Winners are awarded a black wreath
in memory of the 265 riders
who have died in that race since 1907,
6 this year alone. https://www.iomtt.com/

Mercifully, British TV will not broadcast fatal crashes
but will take you along for a bad getoff.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
max808

Post by max808 »

Mad Mac wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:18 am
Gotta love those snarling Desmodromic valves.

By the way, The Dangerous Race: Isle of Man
is being shown in a series on Directv 214 MAVTVHD.

Winners are awarded a black wreath
in memory of the 265 riders
who have died in that race since 1907,
6 this year alone. https://www.iomtt.com/

Mercifully, British TV will not broadcast fatal crashes
but will take you along for a bad getoff.
Here's a visual aid for ya Mac, in case you needed one. This right here in the wrong hands is an instant recipe for disaster on those treacherous Isle of Mann roads. Rest in peace for those who fell victim to them.
202211062028495999gp001.jpg
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

A mate had a st4 (?) for a while with Termi’ pipes. Riding behind him could be a painful experience 🤣!
max808

Post by max808 »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:48 pm
A mate had a st4 (?) for a while with Termi’ pipes. Riding behind him could be a painful experience 🤣!
I vaguely remember those as their sport touring range from the nineties, much more comfortable than their supersport range which borders on torturous. Any twin produces the most beautiful sound in the world, one that redlines at 13,000 rpm is extra fun and seems to be favored by the ladies as well.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Years ago group of us did our annual run to Springfield Mile . A buddy had just reworked his Fat Boy with a blower with shorty dumps . It was painful following, his wife jumped into a truck when stopping to top off for gas . I let someone else take my place and rode in back to keep my teeth from rattling ! 😉
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
max808

Post by max808 »

You mean a fully blown 1343cc Fat Boy!?! Sounds awesome!!! Seen supercharged and turbocharged bikes and they're simply terrifying. What are shorty dumps though?
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

I have been driving motorcycles for more then 25 years. From a Suzuki bandits over a Ducati 900SS to my current bike a Kawasaki 650 Versys. I drive my bike year long as my primary mode of transportation to and from work (125 km daily or 78 miles ). Also in the rain and in freezing temp. I'm not really impressed by the Duc with the open pipes. He drives like an idiot, is a danger to other people and seems to be oblivious to any form of knowledge of physics. Apparently he has never thought well about deceleration, reaction time, latheral forces and adhesive tire strenght. His driving behaviour is one of the causes bikers are hated by other road users. He uses his bike to show off, as an extension of another body part that is clearly too short. Not only does he brings his own life in danger ( he is entitled to do this) but he also poses a clear and present dangers to others. And i bet he doesn't care about him waking up everyone in those villages he races thru (hospital patients and crying newborns with exhausted parents or like me and my wife, nurses with night shifts) with his trombone pipes. I see these guys driving around like idiots popping up every year in may when it turns warm, and in september they put their bikes back in the shed with 2000 km on their odometer. If they get 20 driving days per year it's a lot. But they drive on a crowded public road like the are competing in the Isle of Man TT. I like watching motorcycle racing on TV and drove a marked and unmarked police motorcycle in my "wilder "LEO years on the job. Maybe because i'm a former cop and current nurse that i have seen to many accidents with motorcycles that i'm the partypooper. But these motorcycle stunts should be performed on a racetrack not in the vicinity of the general public. His exhaust system only triggers expletive synonyms in my head instead admiration. Some might think i'm a boomer now but the motorcycle community should take a stand against this behaviour instead of glorifying this behaviour. Just my 2 cents
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Last ride of the year this year was Nov 13th. It’s now too cold and I won’t ride after they start salting the roads. My bike is winterized and packed in the garage with the other toys.

Time for ice fishing and snowmobiles. ;)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:42 am
Last ride of the year this year was Nov 13th. It’s now too cold and I won’t ride after they start salting the roads. My bike is winterized and packed in the garage with the other toys.

Got my bike stored last week as well.

Any safe ice in your neck of the woods yet?
-Nick :bug-red
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

max808 wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:59 am
You mean a fully blown 1343cc Fat Boy!?! Sounds awesome!!! Seen supercharged and turbocharged bikes and they're simply terrifying. What are shorty dumps though?
Yes was running a blower with a 42 Mikuni and special grind cam . The cam came with the kit which was very mild to keep motor together using stock pistons . The dumps were 3 inch straight pipes , exit was between motor and tranny . Floorboard had to be adjusted to accommodate the blower but not too bad . It drank gas ! Definitely a attention getter at the Mile , only one there . We normally parked just off track where they judged livestock during state fair and the Fat Boy had a crowd checking it out all day .
Henry David Thoreau
max808

Post by max808 »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:48 pm
max808 wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:59 am
Yes was running a blower with a 42 Mikuni and special grind cam . The cam came with the kit which was very mild to keep motor together using stock pistons . The dumps were 3 inch straight pipes , exit was between motor and tranny . Floorboard had to be adjusted to accommodate the blower but not too bad . It drank gas ! Definitely a attention getter at the Mile , only one there . We normally parked just off track where they judged livestock during state fair and the Fat Boy had a crowd checking it out all day .
Thanks for the explanation Dan, I can imagine that Fat Boy is a crowd pleaser wherever it goes. Also pretty sure it sounds twice as brutal as it looks and the fact that a woman had to get off is very telling!
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Mushroom wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:03 am
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:42 am

Got my bike stored last week as well.

Any safe ice in your neck of the woods yet?
Nope, we keep getting days in the 40’s. It’s gonna be in the 50’s on Thursday. I could still be riding the bike but I have a rule that I won’t ride once they put salt down. Plus it’s packed in the back of the garage. I would have to pull a bunch of stuff out first. It’s full on Tetris when I’m winterizing here! Too many toys! Nothing is coming out till spring.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
sshook

Post by sshook »

We will see high temps in the 70s this weekend so I think I'll take my 2014 Yamaha Bolt back out.
FB_IMG_1669674984408.jpg
:bug-white-red proud owner of 5 Spyderco folders and 3 excellent Spyderco kitchen knives :bug-white-red

entry-level knife nerd, modder, and fidgeter

If it isn't purple, I don't want it.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Hey guys i got a Honda Trail 125 yesterday. No pic yet. Fun little bike
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

SG89 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:18 pm
Whoooo Hooooo ! So glad to hear from you ! Sounds like a fun bike to enjoy . Be safe . Buddy Dan
Henry David Thoreau
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

SG89 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:18 pm
Great pick up! I love those little postie bikes and would love to have one myself. Hope you enjoy!
-Nick :bug-red