Does anyone here ride motorcycles?!?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
rosconey

Post by rosconey »

pics of my 07 street bob

before-Image

after

ImageImage

Eee

Post by Eee »

rosconey wrote:pics of my 07 street bob

after

ImageImage

Love the pinstripe. It's great seeing them at work too, proper craftsmanship
You are
What you do
When it counts
- The Masao
rosconey

Post by rosconey »

thanx i wanted a authentic old school stripe -not the girly garbage you see today ;)

its all free hand
djinnzfree

Post by djinnzfree »

In 2002 i'ved bought a KTM supermoto LC4 red & black. I took drifting lesson with Stephane Blot former France Champion. May '05 my LC4 had been stolen. Now only got two Honda Z50 hardtail 1969 & 1970. The 1969 is customized supermoto style. The 1970 looks like ratbike.
I ♥ blade, kite, motorcycle and _ _ X!
Mojo51

Post by Mojo51 »

The big HD for me. 09 Street Glide and a 89 Heritage
Tea Party Patriot and 3% Oath Keeper
rosconey

Post by rosconey »

[img][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o212 ... /003-2.jpg[/img][/IMG]

[img][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o212 ... /001-2.jpg[/img][/IMG]

stocking parts for spring install-

had black lower fork tubes installed with pinstripe to match whats done ,had the side tabs on the fender painted black so it look like it floats

have new led fork mount lights up front with all black bars and trees with black upper fork sleeves and some killer misumi solid brass olde school dog bone risers(4bills) -should look killer with just the brass and all the black-
also a pair of black nickle rocker box covers a new laydown plate holder out back that also has led lights with black nickle housing and new gas caps to match the air-cleaner and horn cover
xceptnl

Re: Does anyone here ride motorcycles?!?

Post by xceptnl »

zombie thread bump for vivi
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

xceptnl wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:35 pm
zombie thread bump for vivi
Right, tomb raiding :)
Here's "El Cucuy" 2020 Triumph Rocket 3 R
2500 cc
167 Bhp
163 ft/lbs torque

"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Those monsters make a glorious noise Larry. I've never ridden one though.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

xceptnl wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:17 am
Those monsters make a glorious noise Larry. I've never ridden one though.
Been thinking about having a custom t-shirt printed to annoy Harley owners:

" So you have a 114" motor?
- Aw, that's cute!"

:)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Currently have a 1984 Honda XL350R which I have owned for many many years as well as a 2019 Honda Africa Twin that I just got this summer.

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
qwkzotc

Post by qwkzotc »

'nother Harley

Dan
PineyBoy

Post by PineyBoy »

I rode enduro (endurance racing) for many years here on the east coast. In case you aren't familiar it is a minimum of 100 miles off road in the worst available conditions maintaining a speed of 24 mph. Sounds easy but it will kill you. I competed into the super senior class of over 50 and my body finaly sucumbed to defeat. I rode Yamaha, KTM and Husky.

I hated riding on the road because of the cars that pay no attention to you, but did own two road bikes (a 750 and an 850 Suzuki) to ride with my riding buddies to various events like Aspencade and many others.
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:31 am
...a 2019 Honda Africa Twin that I just got this summer.

Nice ride! I prefer red... ;)

2017 Honda Africa Twin here, 21000km so far. This is my weekend machine to explore the forests and mountains of SE Australia. I love this thing!

Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Brock O Lee wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:22 am

2017 Honda Africa Twin here, 21000km so far. This is my weekend machine to explore the forests and mountains of SE Australia. I love this thing!
Nice! Great pics! A good friend of mine has a red one just like yours but I think it is a 2016.

I love it. We have more dirt roads than paved roads here so it is a great bike for this area. I just got some Heed Bunker crash bars for it. Just waiting for the snow to melt so I can get it out and put them on.

I put 3,000 miles on it in about three months last summer. I bought it mid summer so it was a short season. We can only ride for six months here because we get six months of winter.

I should have it back on the road again in a couple weeks though!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:54 am
Brock O Lee wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:22 am

Nice! Great pics! A good friend of mine has a red one just like yours but I think it is a 2016.

I love it. We have more dirt roads than paved roads here so it is a great bike for this area. I just got some Heed Bunker crash bars for it. Just waiting for the snow to melt so I can get it out and put them on.

I put 3,000 miles on it in about three months last summer. I bought it mid summer so it was a short season. We can only ride for six months here because we get six months of winter.

I should have it back on the road again in a couple weeks though!
3000 miles in 3 months is a fair bit of riding...

I am fortunate be able to ride year-round in my climate. I get snow in the mountains nearby, but the foothills are clear enough. I mostly limit myself to tarmac during the cooler and wetter 6 months of the year. “Big heavy bike plus mud” is a combo that often exceeds my “adventure threshold”. ;)

Enjoy the upcoming riding season!
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
remnar

Post by remnar »

Those Africa Twins are nice! I picked up a CRF 250 about a year and a half ago for puttering around in the forest.

Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Honda Rebel 1100cc. I'm having a hard time since this came out last year. After that bad accident I promised my wife no more motorcycles.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:10 am

Honda Rebel 1100cc. I'm having a hard time since this came out last year. After that bad accident I promised my wife no more motorcycles.
That one piqued my interest as well! I see they’re also bring out a roadster/touring with the same mill.

A (retired) mate sold his Africa Twin as he found it too much of a handful sometimes (slippery wet, windy, slippy cobbled streets whilst 2-up touring in France were the last straw, but those faze most riders in my experience) and bought a Yamaha TMax super scooter, which he really loves. Honda have also just released the Forza 750 scooter with the DCT NCX transmission which looks brilliant. I love that Honda are happy to rethink and redefine genres.

My Mrs won’t come on the back of my motorcycle, but loves being on the back of our Vespa gts300, so I’m thinking a big hybrid scoot/motorcycle might be in our future. The Rebel 1100 pillion provisions looks a little scant, though.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

ChrisinHove wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:05 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:10 am

That one piqued my interest as well! I see they’re also bring out a roadster/touring with the same mill.

A (retired) mate sold his Africa Twin as he found it too much of a handful sometimes (slippery wet, windy, slippy cobbled streets whilst 2-up touring in France were the last straw, but those faze most riders in my experience) and bought a Yamaha TMax super scooter, which he really loves. Honda have also just released the Forza 750 scooter with the DCT NCX transmission which looks brilliant. I love that Honda are happy to rethink and redefine genres.

My Mrs won’t come on the back of my motorcycle, but loves being on the back of our Vespa gts300, so I’m thinking a big hybrid scoot/motorcycle might be in our future. The Rebel 1100 pillion provisions looks a little scant, though.
I actually like big maxi scooters. They are so practical and have low centers of gravity. I was unaware Honda has come out with a Forza 750! Thanks for the heads up.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050