Does anyone here ride motorcycles?!?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Waffle

Does anyone here ride motorcycles?!?

Post by Waffle »

Just curious if any members here ride motorcycles! Weekend warrior? Daily commute?
[Waffle]

This world is made of.. Love and Peace
Truckie453

Post by Truckie453 »

I ride daily to and from work April to November. About a 30 minute ride and I wander on the weekends when I can. December to March is just too cold for me. Anyone else?

Here is my bike. Vulcan 900 custom

-Vinny

The things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. People are good; honor, courage, virtue mean everything; power and money mean nothing; good always triumphs over evil; true love never dies. A man should believe in those things, because they are worth believing in.

:spyder: endura (lost)
:spyder: dragonfly
:spyder: Gayle Bradley
:spyder: Para 2
:spyder: Purple Delica 4 (lost)
:spyder: Yojimbo 2
:spyder: Orange Delica 4
46Alpha

Post by 46Alpha »

2006 Honda VFR800, mah baby :D I do some tack days, commute and some med to long distance touring.

Fully loaded for a weekend trip out to the Catskill Mnts.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Beautiful bikes!!! 46alpha.. I love those wheels!!! I tell myself that I'm going to stop riding, but it's just so hard to stay off it. Let me see if I can add some pics!! Her name is Cassie!!! ;) 2007 CBR 1000RR

[Waffle]

46Alpha

Post by 46Alpha »

Ugh, **** man that's a sweet looking CBR. I love the Fireblades. And the Arrow pipes, looks like a MotoGP exhaust. I had a 08 CBR600 before the VFR. Absolutely loved it. Then a silly cager on her cell phone ran a red light and took me out. Totaled my CBR and landed me in the ICU for a week :mad: I miss that bike. Love the Viffer tho. At my quickly advancing age, it's way more comfortable on the all day rides.
46Alpha

Post by 46Alpha »

Ya know it's funny. My wife gives me crap all the time about naming all my bikes. She says I'm strange. I'm gonna show her your post Waffle.
Switchback

Post by Switchback »

Weekend warrior for the most part but I do ride to work ocassionally.

2004 FLHR

My wife and I "In The Wind"

Rick T.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

46Alpha wrote:Ugh, **** man that's a sweet looking CBR. I love the Fireblades. And the Arrow pipes, looks like a MotoGP exhaust. I had a 08 CBR600 before the VFR. Absolutely loved it. Then a silly cager on her cell phone ran a red light and took me out. Totaled my CBR and landed me in the ICU for a week :mad: I miss that bike. Love the Viffer tho. At my quickly advancing age, it's way more comfortable on the all day rides.
Yeahhhh.. I haven't seen anyone else with that Arrow exhaust. It's actually a full titanium replica. Sounds mean!! I like it because people can hear it.. Boy can they hear it. Sorry about your run-in with the cager. I see people on their phones all the time when I'm riding. It's scary. I have an 06 cbr 600 as well.. It's a nice little bike. Was thinking about selling it. I'll probably have to look into comfort soon here, though at the moment I don't have any back pain or fatigue.
[Waffle]

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

46Alpha wrote:Ya know it's funny. My wife gives me crap all the time about naming all my bikes. She says I'm strange. I'm gonna show her your post Waffle.
hahaha.. Isn't it a given?!? They have to have names!!! ;) If you're strange, so am I! Tales a certain type of people to ride these things I guess.
[Waffle]

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Switchback wrote:Weekend warrior for the most part but I do ride to work ocassionally.

2004 FLHR

My wife and I "In The Wind"

Awesome! How did you get that shot?!? Friend in a car? Do you carry any of your Spyderco's while riding? And how about your wife.. Does she carry anything?
[Waffle]

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

I just noticed, no helmets! Isn't that scary?!? I'm in Southern California. Illegal to ride without, though out here, I wouldn't have it any other way!!!! Lots and lots of cars out here.
[Waffle]

Switchback

Post by Switchback »

Waffle wrote:Awesome! How did you get that shot?!? Friend in a car? Do you carry any of your Spyderco's while riding? And how about your wife.. Does she carry anything?
Thanks! My best friend's wife took the shot from the back of their bike. When she got done, we switched lanes and my wife took a shot of them. We were on our way to Cabela's but the picture taking was planned in advance.

I carry a knife everywhere I go, rides included. Sometimes Spydies, sometimes something else. I have no idea what knife or knives I had on me when this shot was taken. My wife carries a SAK Classic in her purse.
Waffle wrote:I just noticed, no helmets! Isn't that scary?!? I'm in Southern California. Illegal to ride without, though out here, I wouldn't have it any other way!!!! Lots and lots of cars out here.
Fortunately, Illinois lets those who ride decide. My wife and I both own helmets but we generally only wear them in states that require it.
Rick T.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

I haven't ridden a motorcycle since college, but we're entertaining the possibility of buying one. The main reason is the ferry system. Motorcycles go to the front of the line even when there are too many cars to fit on the ferry; get on first, get off first and pay a lower fare. There are an unbelievable number of retired people here that ride Harleys.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

That's so awesome!! I carry all the time as well.. Lost a calypso jr while riding once!! :/ hope it didn't open and get someone's tire. :eek: I sometimes forget my knife at home and when I get to work I freak out thinking I lost it while riding! As soon as I get home I check, you can imagine my relief. ;)

I've never ridden in helmet-less states. I guess I'm just used to it out here. Love riding though. Ride safe, my friend. :D
[Waffle]

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Sequimite wrote:I haven't ridden a motorcycle since college, but we're entertaining the possibility of buying one. The main reason is the ferry system. Motorcycles go to the front of the line even when there are too many cars to fit on the ferry; get on first, get off first and pay a lower fare. There are an unbelievable number of retired people here that ride Harleys.
I like the gas mileage for the motorcycles.. I don't know how other states are, but here in California we're able to split lanes, share lanes and carpool. Needless to say there never really is "traffic" for me. ;)
[Waffle]

SteelDragon

Post by SteelDragon »

You had to bring this thread up when it's 20 degrees out didn't you, atleast my bikes aren't snowed in yet ;)
dcmartin2001

Post by dcmartin2001 »

Definitely weekend warrior.... with an occasional commute :D

My Ducati Monster 900, taken in Sedona AZ around April

cubsfan1969

Post by cubsfan1969 »

Image[/IMG]

That is my 2008 Fatboy, named Aunt B. :D
mkd

Post by mkd »

have a 1998 flsts with 13,000 miles and a 2005 flhtci with 43,000 miles. Image
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Ride this one occasionally...

Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!