Good, Minimalist Wallet?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Minibear453

Good, Minimalist Wallet?

Post by Minibear453 »

I need a new wallet, since my old one's falling apart. :rolleyes: What'd be a good minimalist wallet? Something that can hold around 6 cards, with another spot for cash? And a "window" for ID would be nice, but not that necessary. And minimalist in price too. :p Say, around $20?
Carry a sharp knife, and life will never be dull
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

I use a maxpedition micro wallet. Very minimalist and has all the features you mentioned. Think I paid 11 bucks for mine.
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
rycen

Post by rycen »

We would rather be the knife in your pocket, because is "works" better, than the knife in your showcase, because it "looks" better.

sal
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

mkd

Post by mkd »

I_like_sharp_things

Post by I_like_sharp_things »

I have the Saddleback Leather small wallet. It was $30 but I really like it a lot. I have 4 cards in it right now but it can hold more.
Spyder Count: 7
Enkidude

Post by Enkidude »

Check out the wallet from countycomm.com. (sorry I dont know how to post a link). Thinnest wallet I have ever seen. Cheap, has windows, comes in leather or nylon, whats not to like.....? I think its called the L.A. wallet or N.Y. wallet, something like that.

Its at the extreme opposite end of a "Costanza" wallet... haha
Don't mess with the Spyder because you think you're fly.
Transcend the illusion.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

How about duct tape? :D

http://www.ducti.com/products.asp?cat=10

Lifetime warranty...wear it out and just pay shipping and they'll replace it free.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
HotSoup

Post by HotSoup »

If you don't mind using a plastic wallet, check out the JIMI wallet. $15, mine lasted two years, and woulda kept going but I just decided to change it.
gnlw

Post by gnlw »

This is what you are looking for:

http://www.foxcreekleather.com/115-mens ... ard-wallet

Fox Creek is actually a high quality motorcycle jacket manufacturer that also makes wallets and other accessories. The leather of the wallet is thick and durable, and the wallet is minimalist yet classy. I usually wear out wallets very quickly, but have not had to buy a wallet in a long time after getting this one. I'm sure it is going to last me many, many years. Good luck.
Minibear453

Post by Minibear453 »

Hey guys, thanks for all the suggestions... I might look into them after this kydex fails. Thing is, last night, I was lying in bed, thinking about my wallet that was falling apart (it was actually a ducttape one, so evil's suggestion was pretty close). Anyways, my mind wandered around to making a knife, and that kinda linked to the kydex I had sitting there. (I ordered extra). So here I am, needing a wallet... and having kydex. So then, I came up with... a kydex wallet! :D Nothing special, it consists of a card holder, with a cutout that bends back to make a clip for money. Total Width: 3/16". I don't know if I like it, so we'll see how it goes.

And some pictures (sorry, how do you resize?):
Carry a sharp knife, and life will never be dull
Tank

Post by Tank »

I use a Chum's ripstop nylon wallet, very small, 2 zippered pockets, 1 easy access pocket ( i took the key ring off) and an id window. Been using this one for over two years now and no worse for the ware.
http://chums.com/category/wallets/product/surfshorts
-John
eidah

Post by eidah »

rycen wrote:Thin and super tough

http://www.all-ett.com/inside-id/
Great Choice.
OldHoosier62

Re:

Post by OldHoosier62 »

Enkidude wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:33 pm
Check out the wallet from countycomm.com. (sorry I dont know how to post a link). Thinnest wallet I have ever seen. Cheap, has windows, comes in leather or nylon, whats not to like.....? I think its called the L.A. wallet or N.Y. wallet, something like that.

Its at the extreme opposite end of a "Costanza" wallet... haha
Been using one of these for several years now. I'm very happy with it, fits my needs and my pocket and has been very durable. It's the CountyComm LA wallet. Was about $6 when I bought mine, don't know about now.
JD Spydo

Re: Good, Minimalist Wallet?

Post by JD Spydo »

Back around 2006 when I was selling some accessories from the VICTORINOX company ( the Swiss Army Knife Company) I got a lot of their stuff like fanny packs, backpacks, specialty items that are almost too numerous to mention and I've been extremely happy with everything I got with their name on it.

I did also get one of the VICTORINOX wallets and I'm still carrying that very same wallet after all these years and needless to say I've been very satisfied with it. They are made with a really rough type of material and they don't slide out of your pocket easy at all. I'm one of those guys that if it works well I just stay with it.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Since I always carry a cell phone, I eliminated a wallet by combining it into my cell phone case. It leaves me with one less thing to carry, which I like.

Now I just need to get key pad and iPhone entry on everything and I can eliminate keys, too. :)
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I have been carrying an original Band It wallet for about four years now. Nothing fancy but it is thin and lightweight. I carry it in the same pocket as my phone. I am sure their are nicer options out there but it has been a good wallet for me.

https://amagpoc.com
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?